Chopticon teacher on a week +++cruise???

OldHillcrestGuy

Holy Cow, teachers have a thankless job and dont get paid that much, maybe the cruise rates are lower this time of year and it was affordable for her to go. If she has leave shes entiltled to use it.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
If she approached the school board last week about taking off next week for her cruise, then that would be a problem.

But if she approached them weeks or months ago about scheduling time off, and gave them ample time to find a substitute teacher, I see no problem.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
I try and take a couple of hours each day, that way it doesn't carry over.
Oh I don't bother taking leave for the few hours I come in late and leave early each day. That's just unnecessary paperwork.
Oh stop! She's busy doing your work, she doesn't have time to read this...:duh:
She's reading it, she just can't respond. We have separate computers but share a keyboard. It's very complicated.

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
Now is the best time to go on a cruise... also she is a normal human being. Dont you enjoy taking a vacation... well so does she. Not everyone choses to take theirs in the summer. There are substitute teachers for a reason. Calling and complaining will do nothing... its pretty pointless.

Last edited:
W

wkndbeacher

Where do you work? We can call and complain when you take a vacation or a sick day :popcorn:

roxie

This is why my kids now go to private school. I think 3 days would be plenty but a week plus is harmfull to their education. But like you said the world needs garbage collecters and burger flippers...that's what public schools are known for.

Cowgirl

This is why my kids now go to private school. I think 3 days would be plenty but a week plus is harmfull to their education. But like you said the world needs garbage collecters and burger flippers...that's what public schools are known for.

:roflmao: Are you serious? I'd say garbage collectors and burger flippers come from parents who are too lazy to teach their children anything...they expect the teachers to do ALL the work, and they blame the teachers if the kid is a lazy bum and gets bad grades. :shrug:

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Public schools are also renowned for producing doctor's, lawyer's, engineers, brain surgeons and even great politicians, congressman and senators and their parents didn't have to spend $5 - 10k a year to get them their education..

Who's the moron??

Last edited:

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
Now is the best time to go on a cruise... also she is a normal human being. Dont you enjoy taking a vacation... well so does she. Not everyone choses to take theirs in the summer. There are substitute teachers for a reason. Calling and complaining will do nothing... its pretty pointless.

:yeahthat: This is the perfect time for a cruise. Some people have nothing better to do than complain about when another person takes a vacation! I wonder how many people will be laughing at her in Annapolis when she calls. :lmao:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

they already get >120 days of vacation time a year, how much do they need??

you don't think they do workshops and other similar school related things in the summer?

The teacher also get paid for a whole year in those 9 months of school...so they go 3 months w/o a paycheck...don't think they can really afford to splurge at that point when they need to make sure they have money for the rest of the summer..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
you don't think they do workshops and other similar school related things in the summer?

The teacher also get paid for a whole year in those 9 months of school...so they go 3 months w/o a paycheck...don't think they can really afford to splurge at that point when they need to make sure they have money for the rest of the summer..

And they make 12 months worth of pay for those 9 months of work..

OOK, so minus the workshops during the summer, they get 110 days off a year.. still a hell of a lot more than the 4 - 6 hours of vacation per pay period I get.

AND if they do 'other school related things' in the summer don't they get MORE money?? For example.. if they teach summer school?

I don't blame her for taking a cruise.. maybe it was her parents 75th anniversary cruise and she had no bearing on when it was going to be.. what I don't get, if you have a 9 months a year job WHY should you accrue vacation time at all?? Sick time, understandable.. maternity leave, understandable.. but an extra 10 (?) days of vacation time on top of the 120 you already get off??

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser

Most teachers opt to have their paycheck spread out over 12 months.