Circus - No fun for animals

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Well, what about the zoos that keep these animals in cages or only provide a fraction of the territory they are use to?  Oh, I know because the animals aren't doing tricks its okay.  

Christy,

I'll take the grandchildren just to balance it out.  Imagine what would happen to those animals if no one goes and spends any money there.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Zoos make me sad, too.  All those animals lying around with people gawking at them, kids throwing things at them.  But if you enjoy the circus and the zoo, more power to ya.  I'm not the person who would try to have those things outlawed.  They just make me sad so I don't go.  It must be something about animals in cages because it doesn't disturb me that animals are trained for movies or TV.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I used to be a vegetarian for health reasons. I went back to eating meat because I needed more protein in my diet than I could get from non-meat sources.

I think I'm like most people who eat meat, in that I want my steak to come from cows that were treated humanely during their lives. It bothers me when chickens are bred with so much breast meat that the poor birds can't walk without tipping over.

Now, PETA insists that eating meat inevitably leads to cruelty like this. I disagree. Many Indian tribes believe that when a hunter catches an animal, that animal is deliberately giving its life to sustain the tribe. Not too much different from the Christian tradition of saying grace before a meal. If God created cows and chickens for us to eat, shouldn't we pay God back by being kind to these animals while they live?

I feel really conflicted about zoos. On one hand, I don't like to see the animals living on damp cement. Wildlife preserves are better in this regard, since these are more like the animals' actual habitats. On the other hand, without zoos very few American children would ever see elephants or lions, which are rare enough to begin with.

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
For the people who think I'm a "out of control brute" I was stating the facts and I hate when people ruin things for other people.  I'm sorry if I disrespected anyone.  I will be going to the circus, and if that's hurts anyone I'm sorry.  But if my kids want to go, then I will take them.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Missi,

Damn right, go to the circus.  Have some fun and watch the animals perform.  Spend money so that they can feed them.  Apparently PETA doesn't want them to be able to keep the animals alive by attacking their ability to make money.  

Christy

b*tch rocket
Ken, I see enough of animals performing everyday of my life!  Steve's acrobatics on the pool cover is a perfect example! :lmao:  

I've never really been big into the circus, they all creep me out.  Them and carnie folks. :twitch:  Not big into Zoo's either, I tend to spend the day hoping and praying that the Panda bear mistakes all those screaming children for a piece of yummy bamboo! :wink:

And I'm sorry you can flavor tofu every which way, but it still can't replace a huge slab of dead cow!  Medium rare!  :cheers:

Oh and that brings up another point.  I tend to lean more toward eating animals that have sh*t
ty life, that way death isn't all that bad.  I know that sounds callous, but I really do think I'd feel much more guilty if I knew I was eating a cow (or dare I say it? PIG! :wink: ) who spent leisurely days roaming the pasture or wallowing in a good mud hole, and then POW! :eek: The happy days are all over and they become dinner.  :twitch:  I'd feel awful for being responsible for cutting short such a good life.  :bubble:

Ken King

PREMO Member
Christy,

Okay, I understand that you have an ongoing circus and zoo around the house.  Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt.  Kids like all the ruckus though.  And it is entertaining.

I hope the meat comment wasn’t directed at me.  I love a big old piece of beef, pig, deer, chicken or even smaller critters.  Got to have my meat and it sure is good with some mashed potatoes, gravy and biscuits.  

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Christy, I was curious about that - if you're still eating pork chops and bacon these days.  :lol:

Anyway, Missi, go and enjoy the show.  I feel like such a wuss because zoos and circuses make me feel bad, but I can't help it.  My husband pointed out to me that animals in the zoo or circus are doing much better than animals in the wild - when they're sick, someone takes care of them.  No predator animals come after them.  They don't starve to death.  And he's right.  So go and support the animals in good conscience - if it weren't for that circus, those lions would be fighting hyenas off their cubs.

S

ShellyCW

I prefer stupid human tricks, you don't need to coerce many people to do it.  But clowns are a different story, they creep me out big time.  I might sign animal lover's petition just to keep them out of here.  

Ken - I think you might be sorely mistaken on what circuses are there for, and obviously you are quite happy living in ignorance so I will leave you there.  But one point I do want to make, just in case anyone was silly enough to believe your statements...   The animals would not starve if no one went to the circus.  The circuses would be shut down and the animals would go to live out the rest of their lives on reserves.  The only thing that you are doing by bringing your family to the circus is telling them that it is alright to abuse and mistreat animals as long as it is amusing.  Can you honestly say that you get pleasure out of seeing animals performing tricks that are completely unnatural to them?   Do you think that elephants stand on their heads in the wild?   Also, the animals aren't the ones making money. :duh: The animals are the ones performing strange and terrifing acts to amuse people like you and then they are placed back into small cages until their next "performance".  By the way, exactly how do you think they learned those acts?  Asking them politely??

(Edited by animal lover at 7:08 am on April 23, 2002)

Shelly - Just a thought about your dislike for clowns...   On August 23rd, 2001, a Clyde  Beatty-Cole Bros. Clown was found guilty on nine counts, including sodomy, sexual abuse, and endangering the welfare of a child.  December 21st, 1999 - a Clyde Beatty-Cole Bros. Clown was caught on surveillance camera, sodomizing a boy.    

something to think about.  

Ken King

PREMO Member
Animal Lover,

I don't think I am ignorant, circuses are there to make money by providing entertainment.  Unfortunately we have morons like you that try to put those that own the animals out of business.  Which causes them to either destroy the animals or find someone else to take care of them because they can't afford to feed them.

Why not find a good cause like helping starving people before you come whimpering in here crying about the alleged abuses these animals suffer.  You aren't a lover of animals you are a loser.

Ken - Yeah, I'm the loser.   You think that people that abuse animals should be paid for it.  HA!  You are a joke.  Been inbred long?    I can't even get mad at your pathetic response, because it is so stupid.   Maybe someone should smack you around with a whip and make you do tricks for awhile.  Maybe then you would see how it feels.  I know, how about we rip your children away from you when they are about five... put them in a small, filthy cage, give them minimal amounts of water and food, and then electrocute them, whip them, beat them until they do want you want them to.  That's what happens you know.  Of course.  I forgot, you don't know that.  You think that the animals all volunteered to be there.  :lol:  Yeah, I'm sure they just lined right up... "pick me for a life of misery, pick me!!"  I can hear their little voices now.  What's scary is that people like you exist.  And that you are out there in public.  Spreading your ignorance like a virus.  OH my God!  And you BRED!!!  Lets just hope that your children have more sense then you do.   You make me laugh you are so sad.

The animals are being destroyed right now.  And people like you, KEN, are helping to pay for it.  The big cats go insane behind those bars, literally.  The elephants are covered in scars from being hit with bullhooks.  They are left without water so they don't urinate in the ring...  Sounds like a whopping good time to me.  Yeah, much better to keep them there.  Great idea Ken.

Want entertainment?  Re-read your posts.  :lol:
Want to contribute to abuse, torture and torment of animals?  Go to the circus.

For everyone else, here is the important stuff again...  Since it has been lost in the fray.

The Clyde Beatty-Cole Bros. Circus is coming to Leonardtown  April 29th and 30th.  Please help to stop this from happening!

The Cole Bros. Circus has consistantly failed to meet minimum federal standards for the care of animals used in exhibition as established in the Animal Welfare Act.  :angry:   There are more than twenty documented cases of neglect and cruelty against the circus...  Many communities have banned live animal acts, and St. Mary's County should be one of them.  

Animals do not naturally ride bicycles, stand on their heads, balance on balls, or jump through rings of fire....  to force them to do these cruel acts the "trainers" use various tools such as whips, electric shock, muzzles and bullhooks, (to name a few).  

Please take a stand against the circus!!!  

For more info go to www.circuses.com, or contact me for details.  Not you Ken.  You don't get to know.  :razz:          

(Edited by animal lover at 8:30 am on April 23, 2002)

Ken King

PREMO Member
Loser,

Typical PETA response, attack me and call me inbred, shows how much evidence you look at before making a claim.  Such as what you are doing to a circus that has received approval from our government to operate and provide the entertainment to the people.  If there was any validity to your claims other then what is found in your amoebic mind the animal control folks and DLLR would shut them down.  Obviously that isn’t the case because you operate on speculation and innuendo and avoid factual information.  You can make idiotic comparisons between humans and animals all you want there is no connection.  

You also hide behind a false name so no one knows it is you supporting your claims, you hide and slink around in your cowardly fashion.  Come on down and smack me around if you can, you might find that your a$$
gets handed back to you in a much abused shape.  Though I will admit it would be a challenge to get your head out of it as I feel it is buried to the hilt.  I sure wish you would go hunting with me in the near future.  If you want to throw insults back and forth, I am here.  If you want to smack me around, I am here.  And you won’t find me playing the coward like you and your type do as I stand behind what I say and use my real name instead of hiding under an alias.  Maybe if your mother had pushed you from one of her eight teats earlier in your life you would understand that most of us are different then the other animals.  

Ken King

PREMO Member
Playing, so none of what you posted was serious.  Typical idiotic behavior.  BTW were you making an offer with your emoticon or are you waiting for a Clydsedale?

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Leave the circus alone, and leave the kids alone.  I don't mind you having your opinion, but DO NOT try to keep me from having mine.  That is the trouble with vegans and PETA types, you try to force me to conform to your way of belief.  If you mess with my family trying to enjoy itself in a lawful manner you are breaking the law.  Why is it that PETA types usually live in the city and not in the country or on farms?  Because they have no clue about the reality of nature?  Maybe.  Circuses and zoos open children's eyes to the wonder of the world and animals, stealing that right from them is an unspeakable crime.