Co Co Cantina

Stopped there for the first time tonight. Can't say I was overly impressed. The food was good, prepared fresh. Like the cheese, obviously grated fresh and not pre-packaged. But it just didn't do anything for me.

The only thing I could really complain about was the 'salsa' for the chips. It was more like pureed tomato with some seasoning. I like my salsa a little more chunky with bits of onion and such. It was def missing something.

Beta84

They're out to get us
They were very average and their menu seemed strange. It's been awhile since I was there but I think I recall them not actually having typical Mexican meals, but they had a burrito sandwich or something strange like that. Is it actually a burrito, or did they change up the burrito into something else? I don't know, I've been to Fresh-Mex places (Chevy's in Brandywine is great) and this reminded me more of an American restaurant with a Mexican twist that was seriously lacking flavor.

tipsymcgee

Haven't been to Brandywine location but there is nothing fresh about the Chevy's that I've been to. Much rather try the small locally owned Mexican places. Haven't tried Coco yet but will soon.

Stopped there for the first time tonight. Can't say I was overly impressed. The food was good, prepared fresh. Like the cheese, obviously grated fresh and not pre-packaged. But it just didn't do anything for me.

The only thing I could really complain about was the 'salsa' for the chips. It was more like pureed tomato with some seasoning. I like my salsa a little more chunky with bits of onion and such. It was def missing something.

I'll bring my own if I go. Or at least store bought. Maybe they can take a hint. :lol:

keekee

Closed?

We went there last night for dinner. The lights were off and no one was there. I guess they didn't make it? :frown:

Radiant1

Soul Probe
We went there last night for dinner. The lights were off and no one was there. I guess they didn't make it? :frown:

That's a possibility. From what I understand, at one point employee paychecks were not on time and sometimes bounced. The majority of her initial staff has moved on.

sockgirl77

Attachments

• pink taco.jpg
    pink taco.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 107

TPD

the poor dad
Damn! Coco Cantina was on our monthly rotation - guess it should have been on our weekly rotation...