Congressman to introduce bill allowing lawmakers to carry guns

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Can you post what Congress has done for a better 2A in DC....

As I said earlier, I'm waiting for the text of this bill, if it allows for true reciprocity I would consider that as moving for better 2A, wouldn't you?

black dog

Free America

Wishbone

I didn't know any State Troopers​ and I had a MD permit for almost 25 years.

The statement was "it's not"

BTW, I know a couple of folks who managed a MD carry permit, Post GAO Data Breech, but for ordinary citizens its impossible.

Also, noting your "Free America" by-line, I don't think you reside here, do you?

glhs837

Power with Control
I didn't know any State Troopers​ and I had a MD permit for almost 25 years.

And your G&S was? Easy for someone with one to say it's easy, but unless you meet the very narrowly defined criteria, you stand a snowballs chance of getting one.

black dog

Free America
The statement was "it's not"

BTW, I know a couple of folks who managed a MD carry permit, Post GAO Data Breech, but for ordinary citizens its impossible.

Also, noting your "Free America" by-line, I don't think you reside here, do you?

I left Maryland not just because of the huge 2nd Amendment restrictions but also because of business, property and personal taxes.
I haven't lived in MD for about 5 years, but I lived there most of my 58 years.
A you have really ever needed in MD to get a Carry Permit is a business or to work for a business and carry cash, valuables or make bank deposits. It's just a bunch of hoops they make you go through.
In most cases in Maryland it will be a restricted permit...
Recently the hoop for carrying cash has been dropped.

black dog

Free America
And your G&S was? Easy for someone with one to say it's easy, but unless you meet the very narrowly defined criteria, you stand a snowballs chance of getting one.

I own a business... In Maryland it's not hard to get a Carry Permit.. it's just the bull$hit hoops that the citizens have to jump through..
I had enough,,, I moved to a Free State...

glhs837

Power with Control
I own a business... In Maryland it's not hard to get a Carry Permit.. it's just the bull$hit hoops that the citizens have to jump through..
I had enough,,, I moved to a Free State...

So, I have to open and operate a business just to carry? Any business, or one that means I handle cash?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So, I have to open and operate a business just to carry? Any business, or one that means I handle cash?

As BD noted, the requirement to prove and document that you handle/carry certain amounts of cash has been removed; you now have to only prove you own/operate a business.

And they can put "only can carry here or there, when.." restrictions on it too.

glhs837

Power with Control
As BD noted, the requirement to prove and document that you handle/carry certain amounts of cash has been removed; you now have to only prove you own/operate a business.

And they can put "only can carry here or there, when.." restrictions on it too.

So, just show them the LLC paperwork and you are good? Seems too easy a loophole.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So, just show them the LLC paperwork and you are good? Seems too easy a loophole.

Typically restricted to carrying only when "conducting business". For many types of businesses, it gets you nothing you didn't already have, since it has always been legal, in most cases, to arm yourself within the confines of your business location. By contrast, a good friend of mine, a commercial and residential electrician, has a concealed license that is virtually unrestricted because he owns his electrical business, does a lot of work in some very rough neighborhoods, and is on emergency repair call 24/7.

So your "Dave's Basket Weaving and Agate Marbles" LLC might not be G&S to get you a license.

I still kick myself for not getting mine back when I owned a Bar/restaurant/store/hotel/marina complex, and really did have to handle large amounts of cash, on and off the ,premises, in the wee hours of the morning.

Last edited: