Congressman to introduce bill allowing lawmakers to carry guns

black dog

Free America
So, just show them the LLC paperwork and you are good? Seems too easy a loophole.

I would suggest that you spend a few hours reading the MD Permit Threads on MD Shooters Forum. Plenty of recent information about applying along with guys that will help you fill out the paperwork.. lots of Do's and don't there.
You gotta remember, MD is a May Issue State..

And like Gilligan states above, your MD permit will have restrictions printed on the back in most cases. It will most likely be " To and From"
To and from the bank.
To and from business.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
I would suggest that you spend a few hours reading the MD Permit Threads on MD Shooters Forum. Plenty of recent information about applying along with guys that will help you fill out the paperwork.. lots of Do's and don't there.

And like Gilligan states above, your MD permit will have restrictions printed on the back in most cases. It will most likely be " To and From"
To and from the bank.
To and from business.

So if you get stopped anywhere but there, you are in trouble. So not much point for me then. Since of course my business would be in my house, and my bank is like eight miles from the house.

Hijinx

To and from the bank.
To and from business.

When did the Constitution include restrictions such as to and from?

black dog

Free America
When did the Constitution include restrictions such as to and from?

I would suggest you take that up on State Circle in Annapolis....

Edit, I don't believe there is anything in Marylands State Constitution about gun rights. I could be wrong..
Also, gun restrictions are not new in Maryland, dating back to at least 1886, when the legislature passed a bill stating the only way someone could carry a firearm, concealed or not, was if the person was a public official who needed a firearm as part of their official equipment.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
So if you get stopped anywhere but there, you are in trouble. So not much point for me then. Since of course my business would be in my house, and my bank is like eight miles from the house.

Who is to say, you don't have off site business meetings​ including breakfast, lunches and dinners plus going to the mall or store for business supply's and so on.. ..
Officer / Deputy or Trooper has no idea of your business arena.
They only know what you offer..

This_person

http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...ce-bill-allowing-lawmakers-to-carry-guns.html

This is utter b.s. That says to me that they think they're better than the common man.

Mo has some competition, and one that agrees with you and I on this:

Rep. Massie said:
"After the horrific shooting at the Republican Congressional Baseball practice, there will likely be calls for special privileges to protect politicians. Our reaction should instead be to protect the right of all citizens guaranteed in the Constitution: the right to self-defense. I do not want to extend a special privilege to politicians, because the right to keep and bear arms is not a privilege, it is a God-given right protected by our Constitution."

glhs837

Power with Control
Who is to say, you don't have off site business meetings​ including breakfast, lunches and dinners plus going to the mall or store for business supply's and so on.. ..
Officer / Deputy or Trooper has no idea of your business arena.
They only know what you offer..

I would have to feel a much higher threat level than I do to go that amount of trouble.

black dog

Free America
I would have to feel a much higher threat level than I do to go that amount of trouble.

Ok, so bad things just happen when the threat level hits red then..
Carrying a firearm everyday is a pain in the a$$, until it becomes a normal thing.
To some it's worthwhile and to some it's not.
It's a personal choice, but don't believe that the threat level has to be high for something bad to happen.

glhs837

Power with Control
Ok, so bad things just happen when the threat level hits red then..
Carrying a firearm everyday is a pain in the a$$, until it becomes a normal thing.
To some it's worthwhile and to some it's not.
It's a personal choice, but don't believe that the threat level has to be high for something bad to happen.

I understand what you are saying. And yes, something bad could happen to me any day. I could be facing assault any time I run into the ReStore in St Marys Sqaure or pop into CVS on GMR. Heck, I could be faced with a gunman in Cooks someday. Even today at lunchtime. Given the amount of times random citizens face such circumstances here where I"m at, setting up a fake company and runnig around with a set of prepporgammed lies seems like it's not a worthwhile level of effort. That might change, but for now, that's how I feel.

black dog

Free America
If they actually make DC have reciprocity with any states it will give reciprocity to the States that have very similar laws like DC to acquire a gun permit.
States that have no training requirements will not have reciprocity in DC. TMHO..

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Unfortunately this is only for D.C. not nationwide.

Guess it's a start though.

Reciprocity is a state/DC issue and not a national issue, right? The national issue should be that there should be no need for a CCW permit, it should be a right.