Conservatives don't hate a golfing President

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The letter after their name :shrug:

Yup. And on the flip side, D's used to despise golfers but changed their views when Bubba set a new record for rounds while in office and looked the other way when Obama lived on the course.

We're all far more alike than we're comfortable coming to terms with. :buddies:

This_person

Yup. And on the flip side, D's used to despise golfers but changed their views when Bubba set a new record for rounds while in office and looked the other way when Obama lived on the course.

We're all far more alike than we're comfortable coming to terms with. :buddies:

:confused:

I've seen a lot of R's saying that Trump broke his promise, and is playing too much golf. Where's this impression coming from that it's ok for Trump but not for Obama? There may be some, but most people are saying the opposite of that.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
:confused:

I've seen a lot of R's saying that Trump broke his promise, and is playing too much golf. Where's this impression coming from that it's ok for Trump but not for Obama? There may be some, but most people are saying the opposite of that.

I've heard people complain about the Florida trips but not the gold because most R's know damn well how important golf is, one on one, in doing business.

CalvertNewb

this is news to me ?

what does Melina living in NYC have to do with this ?

Just as i said. Conservatives were upset that she was moving in to the White house and "taking advantage of free housing and whatever other perks came along with it. In reality she she was helping with the girls care and wasn't costing much additionally since the space was already available and she didnt require much.

Melania on the other hand is maintaining a seperata residence and security at tax payers expenses yet some conservatives defend her right to do so despite the fact that they claim to want to rein in spending.

Last edited:

Hijinx

Just as i said. Conservatives were upset that she was moving in to the White house and "taking advantage of free housing and whatever other perks came along with it. In reality she she was helping with the girls care and wasn't costing much additionally since the space was already available and she didnt require much.

Melania on the other hand is maintaining a seperata residence and security at tax payers expenses yet some conservatives defend her right to do so despite the fact that they claim to want to rein in spending.

And some people bitch because they have nothing better to do, and are upset about being losers.

CalvertNewb

this is news to me ?

what does Melina living in NYC have to do with this ?

Melania on the other hand is maintaining a sport residence and security at tax payers expenses yet some conservatives defend her right to do so despite the fact that they claim to want to rein in spending.

Grumpy

Melania on the other hand is maintaining a sport(sic) residence and security at tax payers expenses yet some conservatives defend her right to do so despite the fact that they claim to want to rein in spending.

The residence is Trumps, security is required for Trump's family and I believe its been reported she is moving to the White House after Barron finishes his school year. Being that you sound like a liberal, I can't understand why you have an issue with Melania staying in New York so Barron can finish the school year, isn't one of your mantras 'its all about the children'??

CalvertNewb

The residence is Trumps, security is required for Trump's family and I believe its been reported she is moving to the White House after Barron finishes his school year. Being that you sound like a liberal, I can't understand why you have an issue with Melania staying in New York so Barron can finish the school year, isn't one of your mantras 'its all about the children'??

Yes but if she moved to Washington the security and cost would not be an issue. Also space in the building is rented to the secret service which is an additional cost above their salary's. Yet you probably cried when and old woman moved into the white house. But a FLOTUS who takes a private plane to Florida every weekend at the tax payers expenses is okay with you. It's typical republican hypocrisy. It's fine if someone I like does it but not when someone with a D after their name does it.

This_person

Just curious; how much is that? If there's room for Ivanka's family, and that would help out with young Barron, would you be all for that?

Melania on the other hand is maintaining a sport residence and security at tax payers expenses yet some conservatives defend her right to do so despite the fact that they claim to want to rein in spending.

So, are you for or against cutting the NEA/PBS funding? Were you for or against the Obama's claiming their children as "advisers" so they didn't have to pay their own way (traveling as part of the official entourage, like Secret Service)?

If you are okay with the cutting, I can see your complaints on her staying in NY (like the Obamas going to NY for a "date", or traveling separately for no apparent reason, etc.). If you're ok with the other spending, what's the problem with what the Trumps are doing?

This_person

Yes but if she moved to Washington the security and cost would not be an issue. Also space in the building is rented to the secret service which is an additional cost above their salary's. Yet you probably cried when and old woman moved into the white house. But a FLOTUS who takes a private plane to Florida every weekend at the tax payers expenses is okay with you. It's typical republican hypocrisy. It's fine if someone I like does it but not when someone with a D after their name does it.

How did you feel about the "private citizen mom and her daughter"'s trip to Spain on an Air Force jet, booking 60 rooms at a swanky hotel for upwards of $2,000/night/room?

Dubya did - for a while. Then he swore off it for the balance of his term when he was committed to two wars. He said that he couldn't be sending men to die while he was busy golfing.

I feel like this may also have been a result of the media overplaying the "I call upon all nations to do everything they can to stop these terrorist killers. Thank you. Now watch this drive." video.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If you are okay with the cutting, I can see your complaints on her staying in NY (like the Obamas going to NY for a "date", or traveling separately for no apparent reason, etc.)

:shrug:

didn't Obama fly the damn dog cross country for a vacation by itself ?

Last edited:

CalvertNewb

Just curious; how much is that? If there's room for Ivanka's family, and that would help out with young Barron, would you be all for that?
So, are you for or against cutting the NEA/PBS funding? Were you for or against the Obama's claiming their children as "advisers" so they didn't have to pay their own way (traveling as part of the official entourage, like Secret Service)?

If you are okay with the cutting, I can see your complaints on her staying in NY (like the Obamas going to NY for a "date", or traveling separately for no apparent reason, etc.). If you're ok with the other spending, what's the problem with what the Trumps are doing?

I don't care who trump moves into the white house. The space is there and it won't cost additional funds to use it so why not use it.

As to your claim that they traveled as advisors it is patently false. It's also unimportant as the entire trip was paid for personally by the Obama's

A White House senior official told ABC that “The Obama daughters were not listed as Senior Staff – that only designates the area of the plane where they were seated.” The spokesperson added that the “Air Force categorizes the passengers by compartment on the plane.”

As for the cost of the trip the official told ABC “The number stated is misconstrued and out of context. The hourly rate is not the marginal cost of operating the plane — it is an accounting figure that prices in a number of fixed costs from maintaining the Air Force fleet for this kind of plane over a year. For example, it includes estimated replacement parts, depreciation, repairs, and costs that would have been incurred regardless of this flight.”

The White House official also told ABC that although there were five to seven official business events planned throughout the day the private safari “was designated as a private event and paid for personally.”

A date here or there or traveling separately occasionally is obviously going to happen for the Trumps or the Obamas. Every weekend flying two planes from Ny and DC full of secret service and the logistics of traveling and related costs is unnecessary by any stretch of the imagination.

People who want to cut the budget should want the budget cut across the board and not give a pass for rich people to treat the budget like their piggy bank.

CalvertNewb

I feel like this may also have been a result of the media overplaying the "I call upon all nations to do everything they can to stop these terrorist killers. Thank you. Now watch this drive." video.

But spending 1/3 of his time at his ranch clearing brush is ok? Why because of the optics? or lack there of

CalvertNewb

How did you feel about the "private citizen mom and her daughter"'s trip to Spain on an Air Force jet, booking 60 rooms at a swanky hotel for upwards of $2,000/night/room?

The reported cost of that entire trip was $500,000.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-...ording-to-records-obtained-by-judicial-watch/

a trip to Mar a lago is reported to cost upwards of $1 million conservatively.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/13/ap-fact-check-do-trump-mar-lago-trips-cost-3-million.html

The Spain trip was once in 8 years . How many times has Trump been to Mar a lago so far?

Last edited:

Clem72

As for the cost of the trip the official told ABC “The number stated is misconstrued and out of context. The hourly rate is not the marginal cost of operating the plane — it is an accounting figure that prices in a number of fixed costs from maintaining the Air Force fleet for this kind of plane over a year. For example, it includes estimated replacement parts, depreciation, repairs, and costs that would have been incurred regardless of this flight.”

Well that's horseshet. Those costs are based on flight hours not hours sitting in a hangar, and as such are charged for every flight. None of those costs would have been incurred "regardless of the flight", so that is an out and out lie. If I own an aircraft and have to do maintenance every 100 hours of flight, and I let you fly it for 90 of those hours, should I not charge you for 90% of that maintenance cost? Do you think Airlines don't charge customers enough to cover scheduled maintenance?

CalvertNewb

That's crazy!! Of course they didn't do that.

They only flew him up the coast in an Osprey from DC to Martha's Vineyard on his own flight, not all the way across the country. That would just be wasteful.

If only we had a way to verify information in 2017! Guess we will just have to rely on fake news

Similar claims were trotted out again during the First Family’s vacation at Martha’s Vineyard in August 2013, when articles (such as
a Telegraph piece entitled “First Dog Bo Is Airlifted to Obama Holiday Home”) were misleadingly proffered as proof that Bo was flown from Washington to the Obamas’ Massachusetts vacation spot on his very own Marine helicopter. The truth is that the President’s 747-200B aircraft does not land at Martha’s Vineyard Airport when he travels there; instead, it touches down at nearby Coast Guard Air Station Cape Cod, and the presidential party is then flown the short distance to Martha’s Vineyard Airport via helicopter. In August 2013 Bo simply flew the last leg of the trip, from Cape Cod to Martha’s Vineyard (a distance of about six miles), ahead of the Obamas on a helicopter that was already ferrying presidential aides, reporters, and baggage to the latter destination:

Last edited: