continued freakout over guns

Chris0nllyn

You might have said that...but some of the media reports said the incident occurred in the "toy aisle". Others said it occurred in the pet supplies aisle. They're just making the story up as they go.

I think we all agree the media is stupid.

glhs837

Power with Control
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...n-shot-at-walmart-wants-answers-survei/ngzT4/

Family calling for the release of the video. Police say not yet, it's still part of an investigation. Although, I have to wonder how normal that is. Family also saying it's NOT a racial matter, and saying everybody needs to keep calm. I do wish they had told the NAACP to step back, but I suppose they have resources the family doesn't.

As for how fast they got there, this report says three minutes. also says he was "waving a rifle around, causing a panic" and "people were fleeing for their lives" so take a firm grasp on the salt shaker first.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...eavercreek-walmart-our-son-will-be-vindicated

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
how do they know .
... did the mother interview the dude and his wife in a walmart cart that followed Crawford around before making the call

:shrug:

you are referring, of course, to the allegations that the guy was being "SWATed" by this guy who made the call. That could very well be racial, even the shooting could be. I only reported the families statement, which is more responsible than most in this situation.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
you are referring, of course, to the allegations that the guy was being "SWATed" by this guy who made the call. That could very well be racial, even the shooting could be. I only reported the families statement, which is more responsible than most in this situation.

Indeed ..... :buddies:

Hank

my war
It's nice that you are clairvoyant and know everything without being told or having any real contact with the situation. Not everyone has that gift and they actually have to get close and take a look. Because, ya know, they're all BB guns...until they're not.

On another note, it would give me a lot of pleasure to have someone burst into your office and point a rifle at you. Then, after you've already #### your pants, they could go, "Ha ha! Sike! Just a BB gun!" Especially since you're such a home protection kinda guy and all, maybe you'd shoot him...and we could laugh at you for getting upset over a "####ing BB gun".

Idiot.

owned

:lmao:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
SWAT team responds to college staff member carrying umbrella

How do you mistake an umbrella for a rifle?

A SWAT team on the campus of California State University San Marcos surrounded a staff member equipped with protective rain gear this week.

The incident, which occurred early Wednesday morning, was prompted by a call to the San Diego County Sheriff’s office of a bald white male, wearing a black shirt and jeans and walking across campus carrying a rifle. This resulted in a shelter-in place order for some 400 staff and students going through orientation before the start of the fall session. Rapidly, facility and classmates banded together to barricade doors with tables and chairs, expecting the worst.

The situation resolved itself after 30 minutes when an umbrella-bearing teacher figured out he matched the description of the alleged gunman and surrendered to law enforcement.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yeah, no bias in that story...

I don't believe the incident had anything to do with Mr. Crawford being black. Pretty sure it was all about some guy wandering around Wal-Mart with what appeared to be a shotgun. If you think that's a smart thing to do and falls within your 2A rights, I don't know what to tell you.

Never said there was no bias, but I"m reading around the bias to the facts they present. If those facts (ignore motivations, cant say what those might have been) are true, and the video shows what they claim it does, then the officers and the witness are done. Any officer who might mistake this for a shotgun should be assigned to a desk, one in say an insurance company office.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Crosman-MK-177-Tactical-Air-Rifle-Black/27254978

Now, does it look like it might be a scary "assault rifle"? Sure does to the untrained eye anyway. Good things officers are trai...... never mind. Even so, if the video shows him raising the weapon towards the officers, I would go with it being a good shoot. But I'll bet it doenst. Nothing to hang that on but my gut, but I'll trust it.

glhs837

Power with Control
In other words this was a SWATTING.

Meh, I wouldn't go with that. To me, that term means that there is some connection, some payback being gotten by the person calling this in. This to me just speaks of an ignorant racist freaking out and making up what he was sure would get a response.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Connecticut School Locked Down Due to a Student in a Military Jacket

Allegedly a school employee noticed a suspicious looking male about 5 feet 7 inches tall standing in the school’s hallway. The strange man was apparently clothed in a “green military style jacket.”

Police were immediately summoned, and emergency alerts went out to all the parents advising them of the incident while police methodically canvassed the area.

Finally, sometime between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. police discovered the culprit who matched the school employee’s description perfectly. He was a JFK Middle School student hard at work in his assigned classroom.

Police then performed a secondary search of the area, and the student, and determined that he was not a threat. The lockdown was lifted shortly after 1 p.m.

Hijinx

Never said there was no bias, but I"m reading around the bias to the facts they present. If those facts (ignore motivations, cant say what those might have been) are true, and the video shows what they claim it does, then the officers and the witness are done. Any officer who might mistake this for a shotgun should be assigned to a desk, one in say an insurance company office.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Crosman-MK-177-Tactical-Air-Rifle-Black/27254978

Now, does it look like it might be a scary "assault rifle"? Sure does to the untrained eye anyway. Good things officers are trai...... never mind. Even so, if the video shows him raising the weapon towards the officers, I would go with it being a good shoot. But I'll bet it doenst. Nothing to hang that on but my gut, but I'll trust it.

That sure doesn't look like the Red Ryder BB gun I got for Christmas.