could be another fatal accident

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
His stepdad is an ex cop. Not sure how this will go down. While he fully deserves life in prison, this is St. Mary's and he'll be out in a few years if not longer. :ohwell:

At the very least, he needs a manslaughter charge.

Purplefox

I AM an enigma
His stepdad is an ex cop. Not sure how this will go down. While he fully deserves life in prison, this is St. Mary's and he'll be out in a few years if not longer. :ohwell:

I think you meant to say sooner, correct? If this is the same guy on the Judiciary search site, then he was also driving on a suspended license. I wonder if it is one in the same.

Roxie04

Lock the loser up for life, from the sounds of it he should have been locked up a while ago. To take a innocent life like that cause he is a complete moron with no respect for others lives........And why is it always the drunks who walk away from the accident? Better off having to bury him cause he will do it again.

C

CalvertNewbie

http://www.stmarystoday.com/News/LootScandalDriverKilledTallTimbersMan.html

I know the drunk driver. I have know him for 20 years. Can't remember the last time I've seen him sober. He's a nice guy but has spun out of control. He was arrested and hauled out of Lonestar last year for being obnoxious. He hasn't been the same since his wife left him. I hope that he did not hurt but I pray that this is enough to calm him down.

Unfortunately, there are many people who can't/won't handle stress in life without a bottle in their hands. It's disgusting enough when some drunk with no regard for human life feels the need to get behind the wheel. It's even worse when these idiots don't learn from their first DUI, or 2nd/3rd DUIs.

I'm to the point that I think anyone who gets one DUI should have to pay to have one of those breathalizer things installed in their vehicle to prevent it from starting. I know it's not fool proof - some jackass may stupidly lend their car to a known drunk or some even dumber sober jackass may blow into the machine for the drunk. But it could help cut down on innocent lives being lost. More often than not it's not the reckless drunk who gets killed, it's some innocent victim. This poor woman has been through so much, now this. I hope this guy rots for his actions.

NTNG

How about a MANDATORYjail term after your first DUI? The legal system lets drunks like this dude out all the time. In this instance, I dont care if his daddy is a county big wig. Lock his sorry azz up for a long time. Make him sit in jail, and realize he killed someone. When he is released after serving the FULL term, do not allow him to have a drivers license. Ever.

Cant wait to hear how his family is going to say how tough he had it growing up, He's a good guy, not his fault, alcohol is a disease, etc. Then when they are done, show them a picture of the dead victims body. Make them look at it for a good long time...

I hope they hang his azz....

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent

I know the drunk driver. I have know him for 20 years. Can't remember the last time I've seen him sober. He's a nice guy but has spun out of control. He was arrested and hauled out of Lonestar last year for being obnoxious. He hasn't been the same since his wife left him. I hope that he did not hurt but I pray that this is enough to calm him down.

I know the drunk driver too. He graduated in my class and was in several classes with me in high school.

This is very sad...

Pandora

Honestly, I thought of BS Gal also. But then I remembered reading that she doesn't leave her house that late at night. There are SO many people going through chemo, don't know why I thought of her when I've never even met her. :shrug:

Like BS Gal said, I'm not really sure why they included that fact in the article. But again, another sad story to hear about. It seems that lately all we read about are serious accidents and domestic disputes.

In reading this… it reaffirms my feelings on how short life really is… Here is this couple battling cancer… I wonder how many times he held her hand, cried for her, prayed for her and maybe even wished it was him instead…. And, to me, it is obvious she wanted to live to go through the regimens and strain of cancer treatment only to have some careless individual who has consistently proven himself in the past to be a person who doesn’t care about the health and well being of others, cross the center line and change everything for this couple and their families.

Riddler

Haven't seen any update on this. Does anyone know if Bowes was charged with anything?

I didn't see anything in the Maryland Judiciary Case Search and I guess the charges were dropped in the Lonestar incident mentioned above because it doesn't show up in the case search either.

Out-of-Control LoneStar Patron Arrested
LEXINGTON PARK - 12/19/2008

On Dec. 16, Senior Deputy First Class D. Corcoran responded to the LoneStar Steakhouse for a report of a disorderly person.

George Michael Bowes, 30 of Hollywood, was at the bar of the restaurant, intoxicated, using profanity and refused to leave when asked to do so. Bowes’ conduct was disturbing the other individuals at the restaurant. SDFC Corcoran again asked Bowes to leave and explained to Bowes his refusal would result in his arrest. Bowes continued to use profanity and was told he was under arrest. Bowes resisted arrest and after a brief struggle was subdued.

Bowes was charged with trespassing, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

sockgirl77

Haven't seen any update on this. Does anyone know if Bowes was charged with anything?

I didn't see anything in the Maryland Judiciary Case Search and I guess the charges were dropped in the Lonestar incident mentioned above because it doesn't show up in the case search either.

Out-of-Control LoneStar Patron Arrested
LEXINGTON PARK - 12/19/2008

On Dec. 16, Senior Deputy First Class D. Corcoran responded to the LoneStar Steakhouse for a report of a disorderly person.

George Michael Bowes, 30 of Hollywood, was at the bar of the restaurant, intoxicated, using profanity and refused to leave when asked to do so. Bowes’ conduct was disturbing the other individuals at the restaurant. SDFC Corcoran again asked Bowes to leave and explained to Bowes his refusal would result in his arrest. Bowes continued to use profanity and was told he was under arrest. Bowes resisted arrest and after a brief struggle was subdued.

Bowes was charged with trespassing, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

Charge No: 001Description:TRESPASS: PRIVATE PROPERTY
Statute: CR.6.403Description:TRESPASS: PRIVATE PROPERTY
Amended Date: CJIS Code:2 2220MO/PLL:probable Cause:X
Incident Date From: 12/16/2008 To: 12/16/2008 Victim Age:
Disposition Plea: OTHER PLEA
Disposition: NOLLE PROSEQUIDisposition Date:04/29/2009
Fine:$0.00Court Costs:$0.00CICF:$0.00
Amt Suspended: Fine:$0.00Court Costs:$0.00CICF:$0.00
PBJ EndDate: Probation End Date:Restitution Amount:$0.00
Jail Term: Yrs:Mos:Days:
Suspended Term: Yrs:Mos:Days:
Credit Time Served:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charge No: 002Description:DISORDERLY CONDUCT
Statute: CR.10.201.(c)(2)Description:DISORDERLY CONDUCT
Amended Date: CJIS Code:2 0050MO/PLL:probable Cause:X
Credit Time Served:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charge No: 003Description:RESIST/INTERFERE WITH ARREST
Statute: CR.9.408.(b)Description:RESIST/INTERFERE WITH ARREST
Amended Date: CJIS Code:1 0600MO/PLL:probable Cause:X
Credit Time Served:

That was there but no, there are no updates with the new case. I just checked. I'd assume that his blood BAC test is back by now. I "heard" that they waited 7 hours to do the test so those results may not do a damn thing for the case.

sockgirl77

Who are you sad for? The ####### who killed someone or the innocent lives he changed because hes a drunk.. :shrug:

I'm pretty sure that she's sad for 2 reasons. One for the family that lost their son/husband and probably sad that Mr. Bowes did this. :shrug: Me, I'm sad for all involved. Mr. Bowes has 2 beautiful sons that adored their father.

Riddler

Anybody have an update on this? It's been two weeks and I haven't seen any news about the investigation or any charges being filed. How long should an investigation of this type take?