CPR required for Maryland students

mamatutu

mama to two
You're right. Debating is not the same as bitching. He was bitching in his first opinion post on the subject. Debating started after other posters disagreed with his opinion(s).

Two different posts; two different stances. I can see what happens when one does not read an entire thread, before posting. Things go awry, and there is a lot of scrambling. This is why threads jump the shark, and members are saying 'what just happened?' Which is it? Someone is bitching, or debating? It can't be both ways. Or can it? Hmmmm.....

catlingirl

Oops! My apologies. Following the posts from yesterday throughout the day,(not very well, obviously!) I attributed the beginning/posting of the thread to GW8345. My mistake.

Seems GW8345 is in the minority and could find worse things in the school system to bitch about.

no biggie. tis cool

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Twin, I've read your various posts on the CC and I know you're a well informed parent. I was speaking more to the parents on these forums who will take the time to 'oppose' things like this on these forums but don't bother to attend budget hearings and who continue to vote for the individuals in our local and state governments who put our students in these positions. I would implore all of them to make their opposition to/support for educational initiatives known during election periods by getting out and voting for people that will make informed decisions about education at the local and state levels. As far as the county commissioners go for St. Mary's, there are a few that have repeatedly shown themselves to be less than concerned with education and yet they continue to be elected. The same goes for our representation in Annapolis. If people were truly concerned, they'd be contacting their representative, not posting on a local forum. Just my two cents.

I'm with you there! I'm also frustrated by the folks who think that just because they have no kids in school, it's none of their concern. Education issues affect Everybody!!

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Two different posts; two different stances. I can see what happens when one does not read an entire thread, before posting. Things go awry, and there is a lot of scrambling. This is why threads jump the shark, and members are saying 'what just happened?' Which is it? Someone is bitching, or debating? It can't be both ways. Or can it? Hmmmm.....

I read the entire thread. There you go again, wagging your finger in admonition and trying to be the arbiter of the forums. :rolleyes:

awpitt

Main Streeter
Uh, I paraphrased my post - but nitpick if you wish. I am aware of the comments I made regarding your posts.

Bottom line is I posted an opinion. Just like YOU posted an opinion. It's called a discussion forum. You're allowed to bitch, moan and opine on anything you wish, and vice versa. You provided opinions on the sorry state of teenagers in the area. Several of us challenged you on that. As the parent of a very fine teenager, and as a chaperone for several hundred teenagers over the past 4 years, I can tell you that you are talking about a very small minority. Hopefully, the caliber of teens your younger student is interacting with is better than the teenagers you described earlier.

This is very true. I can also speak based on my experiences as a chaperone over the past 14 years. All trips, elementery, middle and high school trips. Local trips and out of state over night trips. It frustrates me when certain people characterize all teens based on a very small minority. It just shows how uninformed they are.

mamatutu

mama to two
I read the entire thread. There you go again, wagging your finger in admonition and trying to be the arbiter of the forums. :rolleyes:

:lol: I wasn't wagging my finger, or being an arbiter, I was expressing my opinion, as all members do on this forum. You can choose to interpret my words any way you wish.