CRE Board

johnycarcinogen

Okay, my apologize for not being online lately...work has overrun me.
And, just a fact, we (POACRE) do not own the beach entirely...it is open to the level of mean high tide. So if you have visitors with a boat, they can come in, anchor, hang at beach, and fill it up and not a danged thing POACRE can do...NRP police and others can enforce this for the visitors.

Check your PM'er

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
Webpage...don't know what is going on with uploads to the one now...but there was a presentation for a new webpage that is a supplement to the new TOPS program (accounting program being incorporated)...looks good

Now that right there is funny. I love how they communicate to people that provide support to the community.

Jbeckman

So fastcarspeed..you don't...didn't know about this?
I was under the understanding you were contacted reference uploads at this time on the current

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
So fastcarspeed..you don't...didn't know about this?
I was under the understanding you were contacted reference uploads at this time on the current

I accidentally uploaded a document from a member to a wrong section of the site. I received a phone call from the BOD requesting support and did so immediately. I have not heard anything with regards to replacing the site at all. I have asked numerous times for the BOD and the Admin office to take more of a role on the site to keep the content updated. Who cares if they do not use the Message forum as that is for people that like that type of communication but as for News items and information regarding the BOD, Committees and such they should be very involved. I really feel that some people do not like that I will not censor people on the site other than asking for no Vulgar or Threatening talk.

If you have any more information it would be great. The site uses a decent amount of disk space and bandwidth that I donate free of charge and it would be nice to know if they feel its not needed and are going a different route.

Jbeckman

I am no tech. I do know what ever system we were "previewing or reviewing" had a tie in with the TOPS (accounting system). There was discussion of the "uploaded item" you are talking about. I agree, we cannot censor...and the members do need a means to discuss and ask questions. Maybe the questions will never be answered, and/or maybe others will be looking for the same answer or at least should be.
I now the 'item uploaded" was of concern. But also at the same meeting the BOD announced (I am not aware of the specifics...but this was in the open meeting) that this "document" would be clarified as a null-and-void topic once final report came from legal. Again,...this was discussed in the open meeting.

I, as a member, as a BOD member and heck just all around appreciate your efforts. I am still not clear after all these years...what is POACRE...a company or a for-the-member association.

vince77

dude, you are obviously an idiot and not in the loop. the people bringing up postage are BOD who dont want to send out information to the members. Where has the 1.3 million from the last 20 years gone(thats just the M&O budget, they get another 1 mill in roas fees, and another mil or so from STD taxes just for raods)?

thats the problem, and seriously, for all you geniuses who dont live here but think we should be hapy with a bunch of director who spend all our money on their pet projects, please just STFU until it stars to affect you in the same way it does us, to the tune of $1000/year each. As soon as you start putting up your grand, your opinion will be valid or at lest wanted.

CRE have been badmouthing those in charge since it was built and always will. It's a money issue, always has been, always will be. You want a nice private community, you have to pay for it. You want a clean lake and beaches, good roads, and security, you have to pay for it. It's clear you don't because no one who wants to be in charge will tell it like it is (COMMUNICATE) and get elected. So continue to argue about the postage........it's comical.

tommyjones

Hey... add that up again... it's $628.60 a year where did the $1000 come from? Including the road fee and the STD....

For that we are getting paving.... for that we are getting snow removal on the main roads... for that we have two bay beaches.... for that we have a clubhouse we can rent...

$1000.... do you live in CRE?

Some people just aren't happy unless they are spreading misery....

sorry, i exaggerated a litte. But be honest. the only reason we have gotten ANY paving done is because the STD is over seen by the county, and they ensure that CRE doesn't blow it all. Since you seem to know everything, tell us how much of the roads fees (not the std) was used for paving in the last 3 years. The answer is zippy, unless you include repaving the airport, and how much did that cost us? and how many of us are even allowed to step foot on the airstirp?

And the two beaches have not been kept up, and the lake beach was not graded or weeded before the season, we no ;onger have lifegaurds, and that was before the lake was close. And what about the dam that is apparently malfuntioning, but has not been repaired. the last time it broke the water level was low for MONTHS before it was fixed.
And how much do we spend on salaries?

and bob, i dont know where you got that idea.

tommyjones

CRE have been badmouthing those in charge since it was built and always will. It's a money issue, always has been, always will be. You want a nice private community, you have to pay for it. You want a clean lake and beaches, good roads, and security, you have to pay for it. It's clear you don't because no one who wants to be in charge will tell it like it is (COMMUNICATE) and get elected. So continue to argue about the postage........it's comical.

the issue of the postage is siply that the board eliminated the newsletter, which was the single form of communication with the members, and cited postage being too expensive as the reason. that is retarded. I have every right to know what is going on with my money.

as for you get what you apy for.....

our fees, including the STD, are along the lines of much nicer communities, its a money issue alright, a money mismangement issue that is.

vince77

the issue of the postage is siply that the board eliminated the newsletter, which was the single form of communication with the members, and cited postage being too expensive as the reason. that is retarded. I have every right to know what is going on with my money.

as for you get what you apy for.....

our fees, including the STD, are along the lines of much nicer communities, its a money issue alright, a money mismangement issue that is.

name some of those nicer communities. CRE should hire a independent community planner, assess your budget, determine your needs/expectations versus the costs, and see if you're getting your bang for your buck......I'm sure you'll find out it's extremely underfunded.

tommyjones

name some of those nicer communities. CRE should hire a independent community planner, assess your budget, determine your needs/expectations versus the costs, and see if you're getting your bang for your buck......I'm sure you'll find out it's extremely underfunded.

thanks, i appreciate that someone who has no dog in the fight and is complete uninformed thinks that we are extremely underfunded.
I have reviewed the budget for the last few years, and i can garuntee that there are many cuts that could be made that would bring things into line.

Additionally, significant work was done wrt what we need to do to fix this situation. options included forming a municipality, disolving or reducing the hoa, and even(hold on to your hat) restructuring and RAISING fees. Unfortunately for the membership, the BOD decided to ignore the information brought to it by committee, and to keep this information from the membership.

vince77

thanks, i appreciate that someone who has no dog in the fight and is complete uninformed thinks that we are extremely underfunded.
I have reviewed the budget for the last few years, and i can garuntee that there are many cuts that could be made that would bring things into line.

Additionally, significant work was done wrt what we need to do to fix this situation. options included forming a municipality, disolving or reducing the hoa, and even(hold on to your hat) restructuring and RAISING fees. Unfortunately for the membership, the BOD decided to ignore the information brought to it by committee, and to keep this information from the membership.

thanks for providing the names of those other communities you mentioned earlier.....you're an expert waiting for a topic.......committee of Harry Homeowner's in way over their heads....but of course professional management/assessment costs money.......back to square one...you guys can't afford what you want.....

tommyjones

thanks for providing the names of those other communities you mentioned earlier.....you're an expert waiting for a topic.......committee of Harry Homeowner's in way over their heads....but of course professional management/assessment costs money.......back to square one...you guys can't afford what you want.....

you are completely uninformed.

assesments have been done, and there are several options available.

I'm really not sure why you care though, you have already said you dont live here. I pay dues, i am a member of the association, i have every interest in what is happening in my community with my money.

If we honestly dont have the money to keep up the amenities, then we need to make some deep cuts in the budget. If that doesnt work we have what amounts to millions of dollars in realestate holdings.....

BTW, it seems the POACRE website has been disabled. Anyone know why?

notthemama

They are putting up a new site.... it was approved by the Board at the last meeting....

I think I heard they had a problem with the calendar on the current site and let's face it.... it just looked dull.... I hope they come up with something cool and better pics....

If it's hooked to the accounting software, like Beckmen says, we should be able to look at our own accounts. I wonder if they'll have a pay on-line option? That would save us some money.

exnodak

Poacre Covenant Brief

But also at the same meeting the BOD announced (I am not aware of the specifics...but this was in the open meeting) that this "document" would be clarified as a null-and-void topic once final report came from legal. Again,...this was discussed in the open meeting.

So, by virtue of a declaration from their attorney they will null and void a set of historical facts that are outlined in the "Document". These people are the masters of 'ispse dixit'. I can't wait.

The "Document" is rather large [ 44 pages in pdf], but anyone that would like to receive it as an attachment, please request it from g20657 AT yahoo.

Last edited:

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
They are putting up a new site.... it was approved by the Board at the last meeting....

I think I heard they had a problem with the calendar on the current site and let's face it.... it just looked dull.... I hope they come up with something cool and better pics....

If it's hooked to the accounting software, like Beckmen says, we should be able to look at our own accounts. I wonder if they'll have a pay on-line option? That would save us some money.

I am glad you put soo much time into the site.

BTW the calendar was not broken but lazy people seem to like to make excuses.

The next website will have the same issues if the board, front office and committees do not step up and contribute content to the site. I pulled the site off line because I was informed that they were moving to a new site and seemed to not want to contribute to the site anymore. That site was database driven and setup as a content management system allowing for multiple groups and individuals the ability to keep the site updated regularly. With the exception of a few individuals no one would update the site as they had the ability to do.

Good luck with the pictures as I asked over and over and over again for people to send or submit pictures in order to put up in galleries and add to the site and received nothing.

I've got a great idea for all you CRE folks....

dude, you are obviously an idiot and not in the loop. the people bringing up postage are BOD who dont want to send out information to the members. Where has the 1.3 million from the last 20 years gone(thats just the M&O budget, they get another 1 mill in roas fees, and another mil or so from STD taxes just for raods)?

thats the problem, and seriously, for all you geniuses who dont live here but think we should be hapy with a bunch of director who spend all our money on their pet projects, please just STFU until it stars to affect you in the same way it does us, to the tune of $1000/year each. As soon as you start putting up your grand, your opinion will be valid or at lest wanted.

... if you don't want opinions, then take this crap elsewhere. Personally, I'm tired of hearing about how bad it is in CRE and how everyone is wasting YOUR money. Don't like it, THEN MOVE! Nothing like bashing the hell out of people then expecting them to come crawling to you!

tommyjones

... if you don't want opinions, then take this crap elsewhere. Personally, I'm tired of hearing about how bad it is in CRE and how everyone is wasting YOUR money. Don't like it, THEN MOVE! Nothing like bashing the hell out of people then expecting them to come crawling to you!

hey, i got an idea, STFU. if you dont want to know what is going on in CRE, the just dont open the threads that have CRE in them. its really that simple.
you are now welcome to GFY

vince77

Please don't tell him that....it's kinda fun watching all of these clueless "financial experts" here solving all the problems at CRE on a message board.

Besides, as he says, if all else fails, they have millions in real estate to fall back on......:killingme:killingme

DirtGirl788

Quote from Somdforever:

"Personally, I'm tired of hearing about how bad it is in CRE and how everyone is wasting YOUR money. Don't like it, THEN MOVE! Nothing like bashing the hell out of people then expecting them to come crawling to you!"

They probably can't move because they can't afford to live anywhere else.

Last edited: