Crews Remove Taney Statue From Maryland State House Overnight

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Google is your friend :
Inspired by a hymn, Rough Side of the Mountain, it was decided that rough stone would make up the monument. Says Mr. Brown, "The stones and the shape of the monument represent the difficult struggle of blacks climbing the rough side of mountain to get to the other side."

RIF

Nothing to back up your claim, eh?

Hijinx

I have never seen this monument to black people in Lexington Park.

But:
1. If I did it wouldn't bother me.
2. it wouldn't offend me.
3. I would imagine many black people would be offended if someone wanted to tear it down.

Like the carvings on Stone Mountain. You have to go out of your way to see them.
If it offends you. Don't go there.

Midnightrider

If I may ...

Let's see; A song inspires black folks to what? Build a monument to remind of their struggles? Achievements inspire white men built monuments to remind of their triumphs. Blacks build a pyramid of stones. Whites construct buildings of steel, glass and marble. Blacks see the past. Whites see the future. Synopsis: Living in the past and harboring negative sentiments is detrimental to your future, stifles innovation and and allows for no creativity. Instead of wondering of the possibilities? What can we create today? They bemoan, live and dwell in the past, using all that time given to bitch about something so far in the past it's pointless. Except, it really doesn't take much thought to build stone stacked pyramid. Instead of getting creative, they copied a thousands of years old structure. Without adding any of the intricacy's the Egyptians did. So, in actuality, a poor copy. I would rather hear about positive things and possibilities that inspire creativity, than all negative crap that only instills bitterness.
You mean like all of these confederate monuments that whites are so up in arms over? Yeah, that's really whites seeing the future.

Nothing to back up your claim, eh?

RIF. My statement is clearly backed up by the opinions of the court.

Wishbone

I have never seen this monument to black people in Lexington Park.

But:
1. If I did it wouldn't bother me.
2. it wouldn't offend me.
3. I would imagine many black people would be offended if someone wanted to tear it down.

Like the carvings on Stone Mountain. You have to go out of your way to see them.
If it offends you. Don't go there.

Live and Let Live. :yay:

That's not what these people are.

Hijinx

You mean like all of these confederate monuments that whites are so up in arms over? Yeah, that's really whites seeing the future.

Whites are not up in arms over the Confederate statues.
BLM and Antifa are up in arms over them.
They are the ones who want them torn down.

If Antifa and BLM had not started this BS, white people were perfectly content to leave them there and not make trouble.

LightRoasted

If I may ...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

The one that voted 7-2 in the decision?..or some other court?

Do you support painting over the name of the USCG cutter Taney berthed in Inner Harbor? Or do you want to see the ship removed?

Last edited:

stgislander

PREMO Member
USCGC Taney is fine. It was named after Secretary of the Treasury Roger B. Taney, not Supreme Court Chief Justice Roger B. Taney.

glhs837

Power with Control
USCGC Taney is fine. It was named after Secretary of the Treasury Roger B. Taney, not Supreme Court Chief Justice Roger B. Taney.

Ha, you with your cute little facts :) If I don't know that by looking at the ship, I'm triggered just the same so change it!!!!!

Midnightrider

Whites are not up in arms over the Confederate statues.
BLM and Antifa are up in arms over them.
They are the ones who want them torn down.

If Antifa and BLM had not started this BS, white people were perfectly content to leave them there and not make trouble.
if whites were not up in arms over it there would not have been a march of kkk, white nationalist, and other torch carrying idiots in Charlottesville. Not to mention the numerous idiots like you on thousands of sites across the net who have been screaming about destroying history because society is taking down monuments to defeated enemies of our country.

Hijinx

if whites were not up in arms over it there would not have been a march of kkk, white nationalist, and other torch carrying idiots in Charlottesville. Not to mention the numerous idiots like you on thousands of sites across the net who have been screaming about destroying history because society is taking down monuments to defeated enemies of our country.

That shows how really stupid you are. Whites walked past those statues every day, the statues bothered no one and whites did not have a care about them until idiots like yourself wanted them removed. Then the people came out to protest. It would have been a peaceful protest if the terrorists stayed home..

Hijinx

Which country is that, Mo? Prior to the War of Northern Aggression, everyone's allegiance was to their respective states before country. Thought everyone knew that.

Never argue with a pig , Both get dirty and the pig likes it. I have stated my opinion on this matter and midnight can kiss my white hairy hole.

This_person

"Whites" are as "up in arms" about it, as demonstrated by KKK marchers, as American Muslims are "up in arms" about ISIS. You can tell by the number of the marchers compared to the overall number of the subject population.

Midnightrider

Which country is that, Mo? Prior to the War of Northern Aggression, everyone's allegiance was to their respective states before country. Thought everyone knew that.

Then why did they write a constitution and form the USA in the first place? You can pretend that there was no country, but that's just a straight up lie.

You really are stupid Mo.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Then why did they write a constitution and form the USA in the first place? You can pretend that there was no country, but that's just a straight up lie.

And you are the most obtuse, ignorant, biased and uneducated POS that ever graced this forum. But don't take my word for it...take a poll. :yay:

I bet you don't even realize how long the ratification process took, how many states so very reluctantly came to pass it, by how small margins in some cases, and. most importantly, why that was so.

Simply put, you are a far-left tool...just like Sappy, the boy..and the other Soros-paid retards that appear and disappear on a regular basis as you roll through one MPD after another. Too bad you never made it past high school.........boy. You are an utter failure.

Last edited:

hotbikermama40

Then why did they write a constitution and form the USA in the first place?

Because the government was weak, which allowed the states to act like individual countries - instead of cohesively supporting the confederation. Early leader Alexander Hamilton saw the writing on the wall, that America's newly won independence was in jeopardy, and called for the constitutional convention so that delegates from each of the 13 states could come together and brainstorm how they were going to resolve the issue of a young and unstable republic and make changes to the Articles of the Confederation. It took almost the entire summer of 1787 for the "framers" of the constitution to debate and hash out every controversy and issue, like slavery and national representation, realize they actually needed a whole new system of government and come to agreement in the form of the Constitution.

You can pretend that there was no country, but that's just a straight up lie.

from Gilligan's post: "...everyone's allegiance was to their respective states before country".

Nah...you're just an ####### who likes to make noise and annoy people.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

You do realize that in and of itself, during those times, the States United was not a country. That each "state" was in and of itself its own country? That each "state" country had, and still to this day have, its very own State Department? Each "state" country, joined the union to provide for the common defense, to ensure fair trade between the "states" countries, and administer trade disputes among many other things. The war was in actuality a war against the federal government because it was not enforcing, nor abiding by, the contract, the US Constitution, and had northern "states" countries give it their support, supplies and men, for the federal (Union) Army and Navy. The United States is not a country, but a union of 50 countries. Similar to the very young European Union, the EU. So when you say, "...society is taking down monuments to defeated enemies of our country." You are only proving how hard it is to educate a black person such as yourself.