Crews Remove Taney Statue From Maryland State House Overnight

Midnightrider

And you are the most obtuse, ignorant, biased and uneducated POS that ever graced this forum. But don't take my word for it...take a poll. :yay:

I bet you don't even realize how long the ratification process took, how many states so very reluctantly came to pass it, by how small margins in some cases, and. most importantly, why that was so.

Simply put, you are a far-left tool...just like Sappy, the boy..and the other Soros-paid retards that appear and disappear on a regular basis as you roll through one MPD after another. Too bad you never made it past high school.........boy. You are an utter failure.
hey dumbass, the fact that it took a while does not mean that the states did not willfully enter into the union. They all chose to become a single country. But why let history get in the way of your narrative.
If I may ...

You do realize that in and of itself, during those times, the States United was not a country. That each "state" was in and of itself its own country? That each "state" country had, and still to this day have, its very own State Department? Each "state" country, joined the union to provide for the common defense, to ensure fair trade between the "states" countries, and administer trade disputes among many other things. The war was in actuality a war against the federal government because it was not enforcing, nor abiding by, the contract, the US Constitution, and had northern "states" countries give it their support, supplies and men, for the federal (Union) Army and Navy. The United States is not a country, but a union of 50 countries. Similar to the very young European Union, the EU. So when you say, "...society is taking down monuments to defeated enemies of our country." You are only proving how hard it is to educate a black person such as yourself.
If the states were countries they would be called countries, the United States of America is a singular entity, your redefining words aside.
in the 1860s the country had been a nation for a century. We had expanded territories, admitted states, fought wars.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

If the states were countries they would be called countries, the United States of America is a singular entity, your redefining words aside. in the 1860s the country had been a nation for a century. We had expanded territories, admitted states, fought wars.

Ok, now pay attention Jamal, sit up straight in your chair, eyes forward; Country and state are synonymous terms that both apply to self-governing political entities. A nation, however, is a group of people, or countries (states), who share the same culture, ideals and goals. If you will notice, each state (country) in the Union has its very own capital city. Its own constitution. Its own government. They lay their own taxes. Can provide for their common defense, through their own militia, (army). The States of the Union are not political subdivisions of the federal government, meaning the federal government cannot by right tell the States what they can and cannot do. Each State (country) is sovereign in their own right. I redefine nothing. You are just stupidly ignorant and a failure of the public education system.

Germany is a State, as well as France, Spain, Russia and all the rest. Ever heard of the State of Israel? The United States is a Nation of States united. But not a country.

Midnightrider

If I may ...

Ok, now pay attention Jamal, sit up straight in your chair, eyes forward; Country and state are synonymous terms that both apply to self-governing political entities. A nation, however, is a group of people, or countries (states), who share the same culture, ideals and goals. If you will notice, each state (country) in the Union has its very own capital city. Its own constitution. Its own government. They lay their own taxes. Can provide for their common defense, through their own militia, (army). The States of the Union are not political subdivisions of the federal government, meaning the federal government cannot by right tell the States what they can and cannot do. Each State (country) is sovereign in their own right. I redefine nothing. You are just stupidly ignorant and a failure of the public education system.

Germany is a State, as well as France, Spain, Russia and all the rest. Ever heard of the State of Israel? The United States is a Nation of States united. But not a country.

You are retarded.

The states of the USA are not countries. when referring to countries as states the inference is 'sovereign state'.