Debate night - Thursday Aug. 6, 2015

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What I'm saying, though, is not all of us park ourselves in front of the tube every day for hours on end.

Personally, I relax in front of the TV, but I've already done my workouts, cooked dinner and/or cleaned the kitchen up. The laundry is up, the cat is fed, I ran my errands before getting home from work , I worked an 8hr day, and any other chore or project I have is done.

Good. I'm glad it relaxes you. The only 'park day' was football. The rest was like anyone else, work, chores, store, yard, other stuff but if I was in the house the TV was on. Cooking, whatever. And the worst was I used it to fall to sleep to and wake up to, make coffee.

I just feel like I've cut a bad thing out of my life. :buddies:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Good. I'm glad it relaxes you. The only 'park day' was football. The rest was like anyone else, work, chores, store, yard, other stuff but if I was in the house the TV was on. Cooking, whatever. And the worst was I used it to fall to sleep to and wake up to, make coffee.

I just feel like I've cut a bad thing out of my life. :buddies:

That's good! :high5:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
What I'm saying, though, is not all of us park ourselves in front of the tube every day for hours on end.

Personally, I relax in front of the TV, but I've already done my workouts, cooked dinner and/or cleaned the kitchen up. The laundry is up, the cat is fed, I ran my errands before getting home from work , I worked an 8hr day, and any other chore or project I have is done.
Well, we are female
so we know how to balance our time better than most men :wink:

My husband watches TV like Larry described and it does become an addiction. I admit when I had a foot injury, I was watching way too much crime TV. I started to think everyone was secretly a serial killer. :ohwell:

Now there are days on end when my husband is working evenings that I don’t even turn the TV on or when I do, I'm not really watching but listening, like the news or something.

My youngest son took the cable box out his room and shipped it back for the same reasons. He felt like if he sat down and started watching TV, he became useless. He says he is happier.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I started to think everyone was secretly a serial killer. :ohwell: r.

:lmao: Wait....they're not????? :evil:

Yeah, in any event, I just fit those idle moments with other stuff, reading, outside, more guitar, whatever. Just not being bombarded with endless propaganda of all stripes. Long ago someone labeled it 'idiot' box. What's good about it? ANYTHING?

tommyjo

Of all the Republican candidates, the only one I would vote for is Donald Trump. He is brash and outspoken and into theatrics. But he is not bought and paid for, except by himself. Will he do a good job as President? No idea. Can't be any worse than the others. I do like that he pointed out that the Russian invasion of Ukraine is Europe's problem. About time someone in power tried to stop having the USA as the world cop. Let some other country sacrifice its soldiers. If his popularity continues he may very well be President, because I don't see the email thing going away any time soon for Clinton. It will make interesting discussions in the Presidential debates next year. I think she should be charged, but I doubt it will happen, too many people between her and the email server to be served up instead. I wonder if the Democrats will ever get around to scheduling debates, be interesting if James Webb, Bernie Sanders, or even the former governor of the great state of Maryland will bring up the email thing in the debates with her.

Simply amazing what people consider "Presidential" in this day and age. Donald Trump is not, by any criteria, "Presidential".

He is not outspoken. He is a buffoon. He is successful because he is a bully. He is a congenital liar (in that he has much in common with politicians). He has no business being in the Presidential race.

In case you were unaware, the US is part of NATO. We have treaties with the countries of Europe. A treaty means their problem is our problem. You may not like the US being the world's cop (I don't particularly care for it either), however, the alternative sucks. Our problem is that we (the USA) lost its "shining light on a hill" image when we decided to invade Iraq and Afghanistan.

Amused_despair

An attack on Poland would be the USA's problem, an attack on the Ukraine is not. We have no reason, no business, no right, and no obligation to be the world's cop.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
My "cutting the cord" thread covered these things. :lol:

I am not a big cable watcher but I won't lie, I do like my Roku and OTA antenna on crappy days. My husband is the cable watcher and I'd be fine living without it so I don't have to watch marathon episodes of "Naked and Afraid." Anyway I do have a Fox link bookmarked at home for cord cutters. :whistle: <--- in case you are tempted.

ION Television is great for those of us who don't have cable. I have MSNBC Live bookmarked and can watch it, as well as CBSN. CNN doesn't load. Guess tonight's my first try at watching Fox "News" online.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
ION Television is great for those of us who don't have cable. I have MSNBC Live bookmarked and can watch it, as well as CBSN. CNN doesn't load. Guess tonight's my first try at watching Fox "News" online.

Yes.... love ION

So I made the family sausage and toster strude because that is all the time I had and am watching now. :biggrin:

Yes... I'm watching the underdogs.

Simply amazing what people consider "Presidential" in this day and age. Donald Trump is not, by any criteria, "Presidential".

He is not outspoken. He is a buffoon. He is successful because he is a bully. He is a congenital liar (in that he has much in common with politicians). He has no business being in the Presidential race.

In case you were unaware, the US is part of NATO. We have treaties with the countries of Europe. A treaty means their problem is our problem. You may not like the US being the world's cop (I don't particularly care for it either), however, the alternative sucks. Our problem is that we (the USA) lost its "shining light on a hill" image when we decided to invade Iraq and Afghanistan.

Shhhhhhhh! We want the Donald to be the GOP nominee! He might even pick Sarah Palin as a running mate!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We want the Donald to be the GOP nominee!

So, "we", what are you going to do when your front runner, the totally unaccomplished grandma from ArkansaNewYork, is charged with mishandling classified information as a consequence of operating an illegal mail server for official State Dept business? Bernie?..Uncle Joe?..who?

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
Shhhhhhhh! We want the Donald to be the GOP nominee! He might even pick Sarah Palin as a running mate!

Noooo. I'd rather The Donald run as an independent/third party which would guarantee a GOP loss. Doesn't matter who is on the other side. I love watching heads asplode!

Bann

PREMO Member
Yes.... love ION

So I made the family sausage and toster strude because that is all the time I had and am watching now. :biggrin:

Yes... I'm watching the underdogs.

:lol: Sausage and toaster strudel?! No eggs?!

I'll have to scroll down to see your review! :yay:

Bann

PREMO Member
Fiorina - 83% say she won the 5 p.m. GOP debate. :shrug: Interesting!

What did you think? I'm curious, because I couldn't watch it - had Yoga tonight.

Someone on FOX asked where the "girl power" was in the GOP for Fiorina. I know I'm not voting for someone just because she's a woman. :shrug: I like her and she hasn't said anything I absolutely hate yet, but... I don't know. There is something I can't put my finger on about her. That's not to say I wouldn't vote for her, though.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
:lol: Sausage and toaster strudel?! No eggs?!

I'll have to scroll down to see your review! :yay:

Nobody wanted eggs :ohwell: Eggs are easier than toaster strudel so I would have welcomed that option. :lol:

Now back to Fiorina. I thought Fiorina did very well, in fact, she made many take a second look so perhaps she could rise in the polls? She took some jabs at Trump and Obama but Trump deserved it, he has already taken a few towards her in the past few weeks. I thought when he made them that he must find her somewhat a threat. I think Fiorina would totally win a battle of wits against Clinton. I do find her to be very smart. I know... I know... I said that earlier in this thread. Now, my son thought she came across somewhat snarky and snotty though and favored Santorum and Pataki.

I have heard it said "Trump is as narcissistic as Obama," although I don't think Trump is a serious candidate, I do agree he has some narcissistic traits but he's accomplished and earned that right unlike Obama when he was running.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
There is something I can't put my finger on about her. That's not to say I wouldn't vote for her, though.

:lol: I said that earlier - oh no!!! People will think we are sharing a brain. :doh:

But I totally agree, there is just something about her that I cannot put my finger on. I'm very interested in future debates and plan on listening to what she has to say.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
"I would...rather had Carly Fiorina over there doing our negotiation than John Kerry – maybe we would've gotten a deal where we didn’t give everything away."
Former Gov. Rick Perry criticized the Obama administration’s Iran nuclear deal during the ‪#‎GOPDebate‬.

^^^ This comment was strange I thought. My son and I looked at each other and didn't know if this was a compliment or an insult. Was he trying to set up a running mate???

Bann

PREMO Member
Nobody wanted eggs :ohwell: Eggs are easier than toaster strudel so I would have welcomed that option. :lol:

Now back to Fiorina. I thought Fiorina did very well, in fact, she made many take a second look so perhaps she could rise in the polls? She took some jabs at Trump and Obama but Trump deserved it, he has already taken a few towards her in the past few weeks. I thought when he made them that he must find her somewhat a threat. I think Fiorina would totally win a battle of wits against Clinton. I do find her to be very smart. I know... I know... I said that earlier in this thread. Now, my son thought she came across somewhat snarky and snotty though and favored Santorum and Pataki.

I have heard it said "Trump is as narcissistic as Obama," although I don't think Trump is a serious candidate, I do agree he has some narcissistic traits but he's accomplished and earned that right unlike Obama when he was running.

I also think she would win a battle of wits with Clinton. No question. I can see what your son is saying about her being snotty. I don't really think she is, but I do see what he means - and I think that is the "something" I can't put my finger on.

Bann

PREMO Member
:lol: I said that earlier - oh no!!! People will think we are sharing a brain. :doh:

But I totally agree, there is just something about her that I cannot put my finger on. I'm very interested in future debates and plan on listening to what she has to say.

Oh, Lord, you did! :lol: Well, my excuse is that it's been a whole day ago and I've read a ton of stuff between then and now, AND watching the dreaded boob tube at the same time, so according to Larry, I've done drained my brain. :biggrin:

Anyhoo, I've seen a few of the soundbite clips of her answers, and they're not bad. She seems to know her stuff. Still...time will tell - and I'll definitely be watching.