Debate night - Thursday Aug. 6, 2015

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I have a feeling Trump is going to say something completely stupid tonight.

:lol: I said as much to Foxhound earlier tonight. I said I think it can go either way. Crash and burn... or he'll do very well. I'm highly interested in seeing which one it will be.

Bann

PREMO Member
"I would...rather had Carly Fiorina over there doing our negotiation than John Kerry – maybe we would've gotten a deal where we didn’t give everything away."
Former Gov. Rick Perry criticized the Obama administration’s Iran nuclear deal during the ‪#‎GOPDebate‬.

^^^ This comment was strange I thought. My son and I looked at each other and didn't know if this was a compliment or an insult. Was he trying to set up a running mate???

Rick Perry always seems very awkward to me. Like he's a fish out of water.

littlelady

God bless the USA
"I would...rather had Carly Fiorina over there doing our negotiation than John Kerry – maybe we would've gotten a deal where we didn’t give everything away."
Former Gov. Rick Perry criticized the Obama administration’s Iran nuclear deal during the ‪#‎GOPDebate‬.

^^^ This comment was strange I thought. My son and I looked at each other and didn't know if this was a compliment or an insult. Was he trying to set up a running mate???

Wait, what? I got distracted with dinner and such, but I did hear that comment. I thought it was odd, but at the same time awesome. Backing another candidate which might have more of a chance. It has been said that someone from the lower tier will do well in the polls after tonight's debate. Who knows what will happen with the upcoming election. It is definitely an unprecedented prez election.

Bann

PREMO Member
Kasich is very popular!

My aunt and uncle, live in Akron, are democrats and voted twice for Obama, and they LOVE Kasich.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
Trump is a maverick just like you. You shouldn't belittle your kind.

I like to think we are all independent minded. You talk out of both sides of your mouth; like Obama.

You're really turned on The Donald. It wasn't too long ago when you were lauding him. Do I need to prove this to you?

Nevermind that .. I'm curious what changed your mind on him?

Bann

PREMO Member
I liked how Trump stood up for himself right at the onset when they asked (the very loaded question!) all the candidates to take a pledge to support the nominee and promise not to run as an Independent. He raised his hand right away and didn't back down or shirk from it. Basically told them all to go pack sand.

Additionally, I think Rand Paul came off as a sniveling whiney baby during his outburst about Trump.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
:lmao: ...only Rosie O' Donnell!!!

He's entertaining, no doubt but I find him to be a pig. :ohwell:

Now on Kasick, I have seen what manipulation in numbers has done with O'Malley and found the comment about not incarcerating mentally ill and getting treatment for drug abusers while incarcerated to be complete and utter bullshiat. :ohwell:

Most of the mentally ill that end up incarcerated are those who will not take the required medication even when it is provided and that can be dangerous for society and treatment while incarcerated works because they don't have the triggers. It is a different fight once they are released back into the communities that have the drugs in the 1st place. :tap: Perhaps they will just ignore violations of parole (cough cough O'Malley) and keep them out on the streets to keep the numbers looking good. See only 10 percent of recidivism.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
That was a very interesting exchange between Christie and Rand.

So far, Carson only had one question directed at him. I realize he lacks experience but he's smart. I am interested in his thoughts though.

littlelady

God bless the USA
You're really turned on The Donald. It wasn't too long ago when you were lauding him. Do I need to prove this to you?

Nevermind that .. I'm curious what changed your mind on him?

Like what, for example?

Please be specific.

You have me confused with someone else. I think Trump is pompous with a pompous hair problem because he doesn't want to come to terms that he is going bald. I never lauded him, but I do think he has guts and conviction; whatever that is.

As far as examples of your two sided mouth, just review your posts. That's all.

Bann

PREMO Member
He's entertaining, no doubt but I find him to be a pig. :ohwell:

Now on Kasick, I have seen what manipulation in numbers has done with O'Malley and found the comment about not incarcerating mentally ill and getting treatment for drug abusers while incarcerated to be complete and utter bullshiat. :ohwell:

Most of the mentally ill that end up incarcerated are those who will not take the required medication even when it is provided and that can be dangerous for society and treatment while incarcerated works because they don't have the triggers. It is a different fight once they are released back into the communities that have the drugs in the 1st place. :tap: Perhaps they will just ignore violations of parole (cough cough O'Malley) and keep them out on the streets to keep the numbers looking good. See only 10 percent of recidivism.

Okay, but ... that's not likely going to be a big presidential issue, and even so - I'm not a one-issue voter.

Last edited: