Dinner

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I is still recovering from being sick, so FH did a "stir fry" of zucchini and yellow squash, red onions, and hot Italian sausage. Then some mac & cheese on the side since Thing1 likes that.

lovinmaryland

I need inspiration for easy and very little mess dinners for the next week. Ive got company coming into town and I'll be busy washing sheets, bedding, cleaning the house :blahblah: so I really dont want to make meals that are time consuming or messy.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
For LovinMD and Kris...I made these last week, except I used almond flour for a low carb version. :drool: these turned out AHHHMAZINGGG and took me all of 5 mins to put together. I'm drooling again now, just thinking about them. They WILL be made again. Went perfect with a salad and some buttered cauliflower :smile:

http://www.kitchme.com/recipes/caesar-pork-chops

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Loving, why don't you prep a few "casseroles" (one dish bakes) in advance? I try to do that when we are having a busy week. I'll do everything from baked ziti to pot pie. Then you just pull them out and pop in the oven. I can leave the heating instructions on a sticky on top of the dish for the giant and he can pop them in the oven if he beats me home. Also consider calzones and since you have company you can even do a baked potato bar, or taco bar and everybody makes their own thing with the ingredients. You are like me, you'll have all the toppings on hand. Another quickie is to make "Cincinnati" spaghetti. It's different than everyday and so darn easy.

In your crock pot:

Boneless chicken breast, black beans, corn, jar of salsa, packet of taco or fajita seasoning. Slow cook all day. When you get home the breasts will shred with a fork. Add additional salsa and seasoning to taste. This makes a large amount of "main dish" food. Serve with veggies and Spanish rice or as the fixings for tacos... yummo.

lovinmaryland

For LovinMD and Kris...I made these last week, except I used almond flour for a low carb version. :drool: these turned out AHHHMAZINGGG and took me all of 5 mins to put together. I'm drooling again now, just thinking about them. They WILL be made again. Went perfect with a salad and some buttered cauliflower :smile:

Nothing pops up when I click that link :shrug:
Loving, why don't you prep a few "casseroles" (one dish bakes) in advance? I try to do that when we are having a busy week. I'll do everything from baked ziti to pot pie. Then you just pull them out and pop in the oven. I can leave the heating instructions on a sticky on top of the dish for the giant and he can pop them in the oven if he beats me home. Also consider calzones and since you have company you can even do a baked potato bar, or taco bar and everybody makes their own thing with the ingredients. You are like me, you'll have all the toppings on hand. Another quickie is to make "Cincinnati" spaghetti. It's different than everyday and so darn easy.
Those are all really good ideas. I think I'll do that this weekend make a few things to reheat next week. We'll be eating out pretty much every night when our guest are in town so I just need stuff to get me through til next wednesday.
In your crock pot:

Boneless chicken breast, black beans, corn, jar of salsa, packet of taco or fajita seasoning. Slow cook all day. When you get home the breasts will shred with a fork. Add additional salsa and seasoning to taste. This makes a large amount of "main dish" food. Serve with veggies and Spanish rice or as the fixings for tacos... yummo.

Mmm this sounds good and I have all the ingredients I'm throwing this together tomorrow or friday night.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Nothing pops up when I click that link :shrug:

That's weird, still pops up for me. here:

Ingredients Serves 4

1⁄4 cup flour
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1⁄2 cup creamy caesar salad dressing
4 piece pork loin chop, with bone (1/2 inch thick)
1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded (1 oz)

Directions
1.Heat oven to 375*F. Spray a 12 X 8 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2.In pie pan or shallow dish, mix flour and Italian seasoning. Pour dressing into another pie pan or shallow dish.
3.Coat both sides of each pork chop with the flour mixture; dip into dressing, coating both sides well. Place in baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Discard any remaining flour and dressing.
4.Bake uncovered, 35 to 40 minutes or until pork is no longer pink in center.

I need inspiration for easy and very little mess dinners for the next week. Ive got company coming into town and I'll be busy washing sheets, bedding, cleaning the house :blahblah: so I really dont want to make meals that are time consuming or messy.

My latest obsession is this creamy garlic one-pot pasta dish that's just like alfredo. When I'm short on time or don't feel like cooking I pick up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, a veggie and make that pasta :drool: http://damndelicious.net/2014/10/11/one-pot-garlic-parmesan-pasta/

Another 'go to' meal for us is my Mom's quick goulash. Brown some ground beef with a diced onion and diced green bell pepper, add a can of diced tomatoes and serve it over elbow noodles. Easy peasy.

I love all things Caesar! Try these :yum: http://www.rachaelray.com/recipes/caesar-stuffed-eggs

In your crock pot:

Yum! I love a good crock pot meal :yay:

BTW, that crock pot concoction I posted makes for AWESOME healthyish nachos. I spread out a layer of baked Tostitos in a fry pan on low. Spread the chicken/blackbean/corn/salsa concoction on it then sprinkle lightly with shredded cheese. Put the lid on it until I see the cheese begin to melt (heat should be on low so you don't burn the Tostitos). When melting, I just slide the whole thing from the pan to a plate then dollop away with toppings of choice: sour cream, guacamole, salsa, taco sauce, etc.

We are in heaven eating nachos that beat anything you'd get at a Mexican restaurant and I've completely controlled the ingredients.