Dinner

lucky_bee

RBF expert
BTW, that crock pot concoction I posted makes for AWESOME healthyish nachos. I spread out a layer of baked Tostitos in a fry pan on low. Spread the chicken/blackbean/corn/salsa concoction on it then sprinkle lightly with shredded cheese. Put the lid on it until I see the cheese begin to melt (heat should be on low so you don't burn the Tostitos). When melting, I just slide the whole thing from the pan to a plate then dollop away with toppings of choice: sour cream, guacamole, salsa, taco sauce, etc.

We are in heaven eating nachos that beat anything you'd get at a Mexican restaurant and I've completely controlled the ingredients.

:jet:

I'm doing that this weekend. I was just mulling over quick/cheap/easy apps for a get-together I have to go to.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Cream of asparagus soup. I already had the stock, it was time to be done with it. Gotta make room in the freezer.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I need inspiration for easy and very little mess dinners for the next week. Ive got company coming into town and I'll be busy washing sheets, bedding, cleaning the house :blahblah: so I really dont want to make meals that are time consuming or messy.
Quesadillas
Grilled cheese/ soup
Chili/ soup in crock pot
Buffalo mac & cheese
Ravioli/ spaghetti
Pierogies
Burgers/ hot dogs
Pizza

And when you can't think of anything else, cereal to the rescue!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I need inspiration for easy and very little mess dinners for the next week. Ive got company coming into town and I'll be busy washing sheets, bedding, cleaning the house :blahblah: so I really dont want to make meals that are time consuming or messy.

Tater Tot casserole! Good, hearty casserole and makes great leftovers! :cartwheel

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Nothing, had absolutely nothing for dinner. This is what happens if I don't plan dinner and leave it up to others. That's okay though, I wasn't hungry anyway.:killingme I've been sick with a terrible cold for three days and finally decided to take a day off. Dang, I take a day off and people starve. I did feed the cats, dogs and fish though.

mamatutu

mama to two
Delmonicos on the grill from a sale at Nick's months ago, that were bordering on freezer burn, baked potato, and salad.

luvmygdaughters

Nothing, had absolutely nothing for dinner. This is what happens if I don't plan dinner and leave it up to others. That's okay though, I wasn't hungry anyway.:killingme I've been sick with a terrible cold for three days and finally decided to take a day off. Dang, I take a day off and people starve. I did feed the cats, dogs and fish though.

Hope you feel better and aint it the truth!!! If I don't cook, we don't eat. Well, we don't eat good, if it doesn't come out of a can or can be put on a hotdog roll, its not getting fixed. LOL

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have/had (cross your fingers) some bronchial thing, and Monello made asparagus soup for his dinner. It smelled wonderful but looked disgusting, like pea soup, so I had chicken broth with whole wheat spaghetti and scrambled eggs. Tonight we're supposed to have dogs and kraut - we'll see how that works out.

luvmygdaughters

Had tuna steaks last night, found a recipe for a glaze to put over them. Coarse ground Dijon mustard, honey, rice wine vinegar and garlic. Mix the mustard, honey, vinegar and garlic in a saucepan, let it come to a bubble, turn down the heat, let it reduce till a little thick. Sprinkle coarse ground black pepper and sea salt on tuna steaks, sear on high heat for approx. 2 - 3 minutes on each side. Plate the steaks and put the glaze on top of them. It was really yummy!! Corned Beef and Cabbage in the crockpot for tonites dinner.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
This sounds so good. Do you have the recipe? Always looking for something new to do with chicken.
I stirred together cheese, shredded chicken, sour cream, ranch dressing, blue cheese and hot sauce, then dumped it into pizza crust from a can. Bake according to directions on dough can, which is about 25 minutes. I've done this with marinara sauce and meat/ cheese, much like a true calzone. You can make it vegetarian, Greek, Asian... any way you want.

Roman

I stirred together cheese, shredded chicken, sour cream, ranch dressing, blue cheese and hot sauce, then dumped it into pizza crust from a can. Bake according to directions on dough can, which is about 25 minutes. I've done this with marinara sauce and meat/ cheese, much like a true calzone. You can make it vegetarian, Greek, Asian... any way you want.
Yum!! I'll have to try that. Thanks.