Do You Think You Can Get Out In Time?

rusty27

Beware of the dog
CCNP

Earthquake-engineered to take a 6.5. Maximum predicted here, 4.5.
Hurricane-withstand a Cat 5+.
50 mile radius is concern for agriculture and outside animals (cows, pigs).
Attack from land-internal security plus various local agencies, multi-layered defense on-site.
Attack from water-internal security plus various local agencies, multi-layered defense on site.

NRC: Domestic Safeguards

NRC: Nuclear Security and Safeguards

After working at CCNPP as a contract security guard several years ago, I feel quite safe with the plant in my backyard. If something happens it happens but the chance of that happening is incredibly small and there is no point in freaking out about it.

Bonehead

All joking aside, you'd probably be safer and smarter to seal your windows and doors off with plastic, pop an iodine pill, and go to your basement with all the water, can goods, and other non perishable foods you have, and stay there until told otherwise.

:popcorn:

Do NOT take potassium iodide unless directed by emergency management.

bcp

In My Opinion
All you need to do is put duct tape on your windows and doors.
Everything will be just fine.

frequentflier

happy to be living
If this ever happened I would want a friend/family member with a plane small enough to fly out of St. Mary's but large enough for a dozen or so people.

Pipe dreams. :cool:

Maybe the base will fly us all out. :lol:

I have the small plane but it only seats 4. No wait, my animals will fill the extra seats. Saw-ry.

Clem_Shady

Just stay in the basement...

I can see the chaos now.

After the gangs and thugs from PG and DC kill all the cops, they'll take over the toll booth at the 301 bridge and demand all your money and jewelry to let you cross.

:jameo:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
All joking aside, you'd probably be safer and smarter to seal your windows and doors off with plastic, pop an iodine pill, and go to your basement with all the water, can goods, and other non perishable foods you have, and stay there until told otherwise.

Would that be the basement you claim is full of Radon?

sm8

speaking of tolls how funny would that be if they were still trying to collect them during an evacuation LOL

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'd be more worried about being killed by looters after.the fact. You can bet as soon as the gov't calls for.an evacuation the gangs and looters will be here within hours and probably days before they allow us back.