Does anyone know what happened on Ball Road Saturday Night?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
willie said:
Michael Vito died of stupidity
He sure did and took along some of his friends. Then a huge roadside shrine was erected in their rememberance.

Those stupid kids killed an innocent man. He's the one who should be remembered as people drive by.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Sharon said:
He sure did and took along some of his friends. Then a huge roadside shrine was erected in their rememberance.

Those stupid kids killed an innocent man. He's the one who should be remembered as people drive by.
I don't know the story, but if what you say is true... HELL :yeahthat:

I think we should have a forum drive by.. take a Saturday and take down all the stupid memorials

MMDad

Lem Putt
itsbob said:
How many people attended Mr Roberts funeral?? DId the parents of the Mr Vito atttend or offer their condolences??

What happened to the "un-named" second teen?

I don't know about your first two questions. We went to the viewings for the three kids, and that was terrible.

The second teen was charged, and he was punished. I don't remember what he got, but I did feel it was fair at the time. While he shouldn't have been racing, the real fault was with Vito, and Vito got the ultimate punishment. Too bad he had to take three innocent people with him.

The shrine they put up essentially celebrated Vito, with the other three as kind of an afterthought. He was the one who killed three people, yet he was celebrated the most. That sucked.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
"The unidentified youth was charged with passing on the right, reckless driving, participating in a speed/race contest, increasing his speed when being overtaken by another vehicle, following too closely, negligent driving"

This happens daily on Rt.235..on my residential street, and in every county. I don't know what it will take to teach these punks(young and old) to stop and think before they drive so irresponsibly.

I call the cops when kids spin out and wreck on my street and it just seems to annoy the cops, gets my house TP'd and my cars vandalized. No one takes it serious until someone they know and love dies.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
rocknroll said:
Robbie and Cody were good friends of mine. As is Tommy. This was very irresponsible of him and them as well.

I remember him coming by 2 week ago to show me his new truck. It was a really nice extended cab with leather interior and he was really proud of it.

I wish I had been there to stop him. I've always done my best to discourage my younger naive friends from drunk driving. This hasn't been in the news articles, but he had six DUIs and his license was officially revoked on the previous monday. I don't understand how his dad didn't have all his keys, etc. Maybe he didn't know about the DUIs.

They will be dearly remembered and missed.

While I feel very sorry for the loss of these young individuals, I can't help but analyze what you've written... this could be another thread totally, but whatever happened to the old adage 'be responsible for your actions'? Where are young folks priorities? Their cars? The sleek leather interior? How much can you drink? How fast can you go? Perhaps, instead of being so 'proud' of his new truck, he could have been proud of something less materialistic..such as giving to the community (instead of taking away)....IMHO kids are spoiled and this is a perfect example of parents not understanding, turning a blind eye to an obviously troubled child.

It's as simple as going back to grass roots, let children grow; slowly with much nurturing and then you will have a plant with strong roots...

Grow them too fast and their roots are shallow and easily pulled from the ground.

"I remember him coming by 2 week ago to show me his new truck. It was a really nice extended cab with leather interior and he was really proud of it."

God Bless all who are affected by this tragedy.

Last edited:

rocknroll

SEABREEZE 1957 said:
While I feel very sorry for the loss of these young individuals, I can't help but analyze what you've written... this could be another thread totally, but whatever happened to the old adage 'be responsible for your actions'? Where are young folks priorities? Their cars? The sleek leather interior? How much can you drink? How fast can you go? Perhaps, instead of being so 'proud' of his new truck, he could have been proud of something less materialistic..such as giving to the community (instead of taking away)....IMHO kids are spoiled and this is a perfect example of parents not understanding, turning a blind eye to an obviously troubled child.

It's as simple as going back to grass roots, let children grow; slowly with much nurturing and then you will have a plant with strong roots...

Grow them too fast and their roots are shallow and easily pulled from the ground.

"I remember him coming by 2 week ago to show me his new truck. It was a really nice extended cab with leather interior and he was really proud of it."

God Bless all who are affected by this tragedy.

I just deleted my post because I wanted to do some minor editing and I noticed there were no replies, then seabreeze replied, so that's why you don't see it.

I agree that a lot of kids nowadays are spoiled, including him. And his dad has been ignoring his problems and not exercising enough control.

My original post since I deleted it:

Robbie and Cody were good friends of mine. As is Tommy. This was very irresponsible of him and them as well.

I remember him coming by 2 week ago to show me his new truck. It was a really nice extended cab with leather interior and he was really proud of it.

I wish I had been there to stop him. I've always done my best to discourage my younger naive friends from drunk driving. This hasn't been in the news articles, but he had six DUIs and his license was officially revoked on the previous monday. I don't understand how his dad didn't have all his keys, etc. Maybe he didn't know about the DUIs.

They will be dearly remembered and missed.

W

Wenchy

Kind of :offtopic:

What in the Hell is going on down there?! I visited last weekend, and a jacked up truck passed numerous cars on the shoulder of 235 heading to Hollywood. We were going 50, and this thing blasted by doing 80. Where are the police? You all live in a very scary place, and I see it every time I visit. The rest of Maryland is not the same. Of course, I freaked, and I was told, "We don't have cops down here to take care of this stuff." WTF?!

The fire departments and such are there for the clean-up, but what about the prevention?

UGH, UGH, and UGH!

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Wenchy said:

What in the Hell is going on down there?! I visited last weekend, and a jacked up truck passed numerous cars on the shoulder of 235 heading to Hollywood. We were going 50, and this thing blasted by doing 80. Where are the police? You all live in a very scary place, and I see it every time I visit. The rest of Maryland is not the same. Of course, I freaked, and I was told, "We don't have cops down here to take care of this stuff." WTF?!

The fire departments and such are there for the clean-up, but what about the prevention?

UGH, UGH, and UGH!

Not off topic at all Wenchy...totally to the point and the root of many traffic accidents/fatalities...not enough preventative measures.

B

Bronwyn

mike44md said:
The Driver Vito, lost others in his family via driving drunk a couple years ago at gate 1 in CRE. Guess he didn't learn that lesson.
I thought the Vito accident at gate 1 CRE was a drag racing, while on the way home from a basketball game at the high school

itsbob

I bowl overhand
rocknroll said:
II wish I had been there to stop him. I've always done my best to discourage my younger naive friends from drunk driving. This hasn't been in the news articles, but he had six DUIs and his license was officially revoked on the previous monday. I don't understand how his dad didn't have all his keys, etc. Maybe he didn't know about the DUIs.

If this is true, we apparently have a judge in the county that has some serious explaining to do..

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
rocknroll said:
This hasn't been in the news articles, but he had six DUIs and his license was officially revoked on the previous monday. I don't understand how his dad didn't have all his keys, etc. Maybe he didn't know about the DUIs.
If the father DID know about the son's numerous DUI's and alcohol problems and did nothing to help keep him off of the roads, then dad is just as guilty as his son is.

Come on now......you might be able to hide one or two DUI's, but how can you keep SIX DUI's a secret from the people closest to you?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
BadGirl said:
If the father DID know about the son's numerous DUI's and alcohol problems and did nothing to help keep him off of the roads, then dad is just as guilty as his son is.

Come on now......you might be able to hide one or two DUI's, but how can you keep SIX DUI's a secret from the people closest to you?

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/inquiry/inquiry-index.jsp Only thing listed here is the current charges...

Were the priors all when he was a minor? If so, how did he obtain a drivers license?

Pete

Repete
Wenchy said:

UGH, UGH, and UGH!
You were in Hollywood and didn't stop and say "Hi" :frown:

Daffy

This story (and all of the ones like it) is so sad. Every time something like this happens I make my teenage daughter read the newspaper articles. I can only pray that they leave an impression on her and help her to realize what a huge responsiblility it is when you get behind the wheel of a car, even if you HAVEN'T been drinking. I cannot begin to imagine the pain of losing a child in this manner.

nomoney

BadGirl said:

:yeahthat: An added responsibility might have to fall on the 21 yr old passenger, since he was the only one of legal age it makes you wonder if he was the supplier of alcohol.