Donald junior's evolving story

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
are you calling DJT jr an unnamed source?

Did you plan on reading the story? It's right there in the first paragraph.

When they start with "unnamed sources say..." that's it - I don't bother to read the rest because it's likely they made it up and their "sources" are DNC operatives or some intern at the paper. I'm not interested in what imaginary people have to say, and when they start with bull#### it's almost a given that the rest of it will be bull####.

Last edited:

SamSpade

maybe because he denied having met with the Russians, then said they only met to talk about adoption, then came out and admitted the purpose of the meeting was for the campaign to gain usable information from the Russians for use against his opponent in the election.

And? This is a crime? What was the bombshell "October Surprise" level dirt that buried Clinton?
So he met - in New York(?) - with someone who claimed they had dirt on Hillary - and apparently - they didn't.

Next, I'll be hearing how Trump uses Russian dressing and likes blinis for breakfast.

You know, if I were Trump, I'd serve stroganoff and borscht at all State dinners, just to keep these twerps chasing their tails while I did my job.
The press is like those otherwise loyal guard dogs who can be bought off with a meaty snack.

black dog

Free America
maybe because he denied having met with the Russians, then said they only met to talk about adoption, then came out and admitted the purpose of the meeting was for the campaign to gain usable information from the Russians for use against his opponent in the election.

are you calling DJT jr an unnamed source?

Jr. admitted that he and the campaign were baited by the possibility of working with the Russians.

In real news, with a real world problem,,,, I got 13 slices of Baloney in the package i bought yesterday, what do i do with the extra slice...... Don't say give it to the dog...

Midnightrider

Did you plan on reading the story? It's right there in the first paragraph.

When they start with "unnamed sources say..." that's it - I don't bother to read the rest because it's likely they made it up and their "sources" are DNC operatives or some intern at the paper. I'm not interested in what imaginary people have to say, and when they start with bull#### it's almost a given that the rest of it will be bull####.

and why would you read the entire thing, or even follow the links, to see that DJT Jr made a statement saying that's exactly what happened?

that's Ok, denial is a place that suits you

Jr said:
I was asked to have a meeting by an acquaintance I knew from the 2013 Miss Universe pageant with an individual who I was told might have information helpful to the campaign. I was not told her name prior to the meeting. I asked Jared and Paul to attend, but told them nothing of the substance. We had a meeting in June 2016. After pleasantries were exchanged, the woman stated that she had information that individuals connected to Russia were funding the Democratic National Committee and supporting Ms. Clinton. Her statements were vague, ambiguous and made no sense. No details or supporting information was provided or even offered. It quickly became clear that she had no meaningful information. She then changed subjects and began discussing the adoption of Russian children and mentioned the Magnitsky Act. It became clear to me that this was the true agenda all along and that the claims of potentially helpful information were a pretext for the meeting. I interrupted and advised her that my father was not an elected official, but rather a private citizen, and that her comments and concerns were better addressed if and when he held public office. The meeting lasted approximately 20 to 30 minutes. As it ended, my acquaintance apologized for taking up our time. That was the end of it and there was no further contact or follow-up of any kind. My father knew nothing of the meeting or these events.

but why take his word for it

SamSpade

but why take his word for it

And if the story were REVERSED - that someone in Hillary's campaign met with a Russian who had a claim that the Russians were working with the RNC to help TRUMP with his campaign - who do you suppose the media would declare the bad guy? Hillary, for checking it out, or Trump, for allegedly having done it?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
and why would you read the entire thing, or even follow the links, to see that DJT Jr made a statement saying that's exactly what happened?

They why didn't they start the story that way? "Donald Trump Jr says..." Why start with "All these fictional people say..."? I don't make it a habit to read "news" stories that come out of the gate with bull####. You can waste your time in that manner if you want to.

Perhaps in the future NYT could consider writing factual stories with real sources. Of course, then they'd lose readers like you...

Midnightrider

They why didn't they start the story that way? "Donald Trump Jr says..." Why start with "All these fictional people say..."? I don't make it a habit to read "news" stories that come out of the gate with bull####. You can waste your time in that manner if you want to.

Perhaps in the future NYT could consider writing factual stories with real sources. Of course, then they'd lose readers like you...

maybe its because they are telling the story of how DJ only admitted to having the meeting at all after being pressed. They only knew to press the guy because a lead came to them through an unknown source. Then after Donny told a half truth the source apparently gave the times enough information to force DJ to change his story to admitting that he actually met with the intention of getting help from the Russians.
On top of that, I am sure they expect their readers to have long enough attention spans to read past the first paragraph.

Hijinx

Hard to believe this Fake News Russian BS would have gone on this long and that there are still people stupid enough to believe it.

Sapidus

So you attack someone because you are too lazy to read an article and in other posts go on and on about how crummy these sources are and then claim that all the sources you read are unimpeachable but never offer any evidence of anything.

Sound like you just dismiss what you don't want to hear and make up the stuff you do want.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I like this thread.....all the ads are for "Hot Russian Ladies".......just sayin'

???

hot russian  ass.jpg

Midnightrider

So you attack someone because you are too lazy to read an article and in other posts go on and on about how crummy these sources are and then claim that all the sources you read are unimpeachable but never offer any evidence of anything.

Sound like you just dismiss what you don't want to hear and make up the stuff you do want.

that's what they do. It doesn't even matter if DJ himself said it, it cant be true if the NYT reported it :killingme

Midnightrider

that's what they do. It doesn't even matter if DJ himself said it, it cant be true if the NYT reported it :killingme

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Hopefully there will be another report of another worthless meeting soon. And another. So that the bottom feeders like MR and Sappy remain preoccupied. #laserpointer

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

When are you, Sappy and the rest of the snowflakes going to realize that the NYT, Wapo, Politico and CNN use you as pawns for ad dollars.? CNN actually admitted it.
Just keep watching, reading and clicking they'll make big bucks you want to redistribute.....

Don't stop believing....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8craCGpg