Dugger vs Dunham

GregV814

Please, her story probably wasn't even true. It seemed as made up as could be and simply the vehicle for her to tell a story of her sexual identity 'awakening'. IF she actually did it, it was one incident. it wouldn't measure up to someone who repeatedly assaulted numerous girls, some on more than one occasion.

how quickly we jump to conclusions due to "other" factors.....a rose by any other name still smells as sweet

Midnightrider

So then she's a liar. I wonder what else she's said that is a lie.
She writes fiction doesn't she? Telling stories is her career.... I would imagine she lies a lot
No sh1t Sherlock. Did you figure that out all by yourself?

I believe I said creepy. I am sorry, I should have said criminal, I should have said he should be punished for it the rest if his life perhaps even spending that life in prison, for feeling up a sleeping girl, that may have satisfied you a-holes who want to crucify this man because he has made a few bucks, got on TV, and is now an upstanding citizen.

Now if he had robbed a store , had a record, and gotten shot by a police officer we would be putting a plaque in the street for him.
But all he did was turn his life around and become decent. So let's hound him, break him, crucify him.

If he had smoked Marijuana and tried Cocaine while in college we could elect him President.
But he felt up a sleeping girl.
He could stick a Cigar in a young intern and beat off in the sink and you would vote for him a-hole so don't get on your high horse with me.
He could be a woman responsible for the deaths of 4 heroes and a is a lying sack of crap and you will vote for her.

Certainly he was wrong. we all know that, but let's make a federal case of it because this guy is on the right, and not the left.

I don't care right or left. What I care about is a guy being a sexual predator. Anyone who tries to excuse or defend his touching girls who did not want to be touched is crappy. This guy should be on the sex offenders list. Probably the only reason he isn't is because he and his family covered it up for long enough.

Rapists and molesters should be prosecuted and ostracized, period.

As for the rest of your post, if you only got paid for being wrong you would be rich

Hijinx

She writes fiction doesn't she? Telling stories is her career.... I would imagine she lies a lot

I don't care right or left. What I care about is a guy being a sexual predator. Anyone who tries to excuse or defend his touching girls who did not want to be touched is crappy. This guy should be on the sex offenders list. Probably the only reason he isn't is because he and his family covered it up for long enough.

Rapists and molesters should be prosecuted and ostracized, period.

As for the rest of your post, if you only got paid for being wrong you would be rich

Says the pot to the kettle/ LMAO. Clinton raped do you want him prosecuted.?

Hijinx

You are an idiot, and you need to look up the word rape.

Clinton did not rape anyone. If he had he should have been prosecuted, but he didn't.

Well you are right about one thing. He should have been prosecuted,, but you see he was Bill Clinton.
He had the media in his pocket
I don't mind you calling me an idiot. Because that is how I think of you and your purported education.
I doubt you got out of High School.
Your nose up the Clinton's ass is proof enough of your idiocy.

Midnightrider

Well you are right about one thing. He should have been prosecuted,, but you see he was Bill Clinton.
He had the media in his pocket
I don't mind you calling me an idiot. Because that is how I think of you and your purported education.
I doubt you got out of High School.
Your nose up the Clinton's ass is proof enough of your idiocy.

If you can show where I ever supported a Clinton I will sign off for good. :bigwhoop:

You are an idiot if you think what Bill did was rape. But please, explain what you think Clinton did and how that was 'rape' or even illegal....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Which one of her stories are we supposed to believe?

But like I said, if he did it he should be prosecuted. Apparently she filed an affidavit saying he didn't, so that's going to be a hard one to prove....

As usual, you believe what you want to believe.

Midnightrider

As usual, you believe what you want to believe.

I don't know what to believe, this is Straight from the link you provided.

In 1997, Broaddrick had filed an affidavit with Paula Jones' lawyers that stated: "During the 1992 Presidential campaign there were unfounded rumors and stories circulated that Mr. Clinton had made unwelcome sexual advances toward me in the late seventies."[1] In a November 1998 interview with Dateline NBC, Broaddrick claimed the earlier statement was a lie and she had indeed been raped by Clinton.[2]

:shrug:
if he did it he should be prosecuted. I doubt you are going to convict anybody when the victim has filed an affidavit saying the incident didn't happen.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't know what to believe, this is Straight from the link you provided.

Her Dateline story was convincing and that is what I believe, especially since his womanizing and various power abuses are fully documented and not in dispute. I'll be honest, when I first heard about it I thought it was ridiculous to even entertain the notion that Clinton would do something like that. I figured it was just like those "death lists" and the other nonsense that floats around the internet that have no basis in fact. But....yeah, ol' Willie Jeff isn't terribly credible when he insists he didn't use the power of his office to score some butt.

Regardless, that has nothing to do with Josh Duggar and whether or not he is/was a sexual predator. And it also doesn't answer the question of why we give a crap.

rdytogo

Who TF is Montel Williams to pass judgement. Is he some kind of saint?

I would say he is at least as qualified as you to do so! Naval Academy Graduate, former Marine, philanthripist.....Those credentials suit me well. Can you do better?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Montel is an idiot who doesn't know chit about anything. He, of all people, has no business criticizing anyone. Ever. Never ever.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Her Dateline story was convincing and that is what I believe, especially since his womanizing and various power abuses are fully documented and not in dispute. I'll be honest, when I first heard about it I thought it was ridiculous to even entertain the notion that Clinton would do something like that. I figured it was just like those "death lists" and the other nonsense that floats around the internet that have no basis in fact. But....yeah, ol' Willie Jeff isn't terribly credible when he insists he didn't use the power of his office to score some butt.

Regardless, that has nothing to do with Josh Duggar and whether or not he is/was a sexual predator. And it also doesn't answer the question of why we give a crap.

I'm pretty bugged about the Duggar thing. He was (what?) 14? It seems the family took care of the issue. It happened about 13 years ago, the show has been on for 7 years, and just now the network takes action to shut the show down? If anything, this could be a teachable moment for folks to see that even the most devout Christian families experience problems. I know this is an opportunity for the anti-Christian zealots to point their judgmental fingers at Christians, but the larger narrative should be that "we're Christian and not perfect".

I haven't seen anything about TLC shutting the show down because advertisers were dropping or viewership was faltering. So, I'm curious what the reason was for shutting it down. When we have shows that display some of the most shameful, salacious behavior (reality TV being most guilty), it was kind of refreshing to see this large family so organized and seemingly cooperative with each other. They showed what Christian faith hard work does in a family; as well, AGAIN, how it’s never perfect and nor should they pretend that it is.

officeguy

I haven't seen anything about TLC shutting the show down because advertisers were dropping or viewership was faltering. So, I'm curious what the reason was for shutting it down.

The reason is that TV networks are run by spineless lawyers who are afraid of shareholder lawsuits. Look at how quickly they canned the Duck Dynasty after the old guy expressed that he didn't understand gay men. The same spineless weasels put the show back on after the blow-back from the viewership made clear that they had screwed up.

I dont understand why the family went on the show knowing that they had this issue with their oldest. I guess feeding 17 hungry mouths on a realtors income wasn't as easy as anticipated and that production money from TLC came in quite handy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm pretty bugged about the Duggar thing.

I am unimpressed with his level of perversion. A 14 year old boy copping a feel of his sisters' friends - big whoop. At least one of the encounters is reported to be consensual and reciprocated, but nobody seems to care about that part.

I'm more disturbed by the people who have such hatred for this family (that they do not even know, and who have given them no reason to have such a visceral reaction) that they'd label this guy a pedophile although there is NO evidence of it whatsoever. This is how crap starts and ruins lives, the rumor mill and people spreading lies until they become "truth". It makes me hate the internet.

PsyOps

Pixelated
The reason is that TV networks are run by spineless lawyers who are afraid of shareholder lawsuits. Look at how quickly they canned the Duck Dynasty after the old guy expressed that he didn't understand gay men. The same spineless weasels put the show back on after the blow-back from the viewership made clear that they had screwed up.

I dont understand why the family went on the show knowing that they had this issue with their oldest. I guess feeding 17 hungry mouths on a realtors income wasn't as easy as anticipated and that production money from TLC came in quite handy.

It’s been my understanding networks make these decisions based on money and viewership, not political correctness. Perhaps this is a move like the Duck Dynasty move… can them and watch viewers’ reaction to decide whether to put the show back on. Must be the new standard.

I honestly don't care for these shows all that much. I'm not all that comfortable with parents so willing to exploit their kids like this.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It’s been my understanding networks make these decisions based on money and viewership, not political correctness. Perhaps this is a move like the Duck Dynasty move… can them and watch viewers’ reaction to decide whether to put the show back on. Must be the new standard.

I honestly don't care for these shows all that much. I'm not all that comfortable with parents so willing to exploit their kids like this.

I think a lot of what these zealots do business-wise is based on their ideology and PC nonsense. I also like a peek into the lives of interesting people whom I do not know. I don't really think of them as "reality", but more as a sitcom or family drama. Those people are actors to me and nothing I take personally.

The Bruce Jenner "out" episode of Kardashians was epic television and the best episode I've ever seen. I am convinced, however, that Bruce is only becoming a woman so he can hit from the ladies' tees.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I am unimpressed with his level of perversion. A 14 year old boy copping a feel of his sisters' friends - big whoop. At least one of the encounters is reported to be consensual and reciprocated, but nobody seems to care about that part.

I'm more disturbed by the people who have such hatred for this family (that they do not even know, and who have given them no reason to have such a visceral reaction) that they'd label this guy a pedophile although there is NO evidence of it whatsoever. This is how crap starts and ruins lives, the rumor mill and people spreading lies until they become "truth". It makes me hate the internet.

It’s just my negativity because of my faith that it’s the anti-Christian zealots that hate them. They will jump on any opportunity to vilify Christians. I totally get that these people exist. What I don’t get is a fairly large network cowering to these haters.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I think a lot of what these zealots do business-wise is based on their ideology and PC nonsense. I also like a peek into the lives of interesting people whom I do not know. I don't really think of them as "reality", but more as a sitcom or family drama. Those people are actors to me and nothing I take personally.

The Bruce Jenner "out" episode of Kardashians was epic television and the best episode I've ever seen. I am convinced, however, that Bruce is only becoming a woman so he can hit from the ladies' tees.

If that were true, the Duggar show would have never made the cut. The only reason I've watched the Duggars is, for me it's kind of nice seeing a show that isn't filled with mindless, salacious debauchery.

Last edited: