Eviction movers

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Question. The renter knows ahead of time when the eviction is correct? If they have to be out by high noon and it's 12:01 pm, and you show up with the court order and the Sherriff, do you still have to allow them to remove their stuff? I would have thought that at the 12:01 mark, it's all my property now.

My limited understanding is they have up until the sheriff shows up to vacate or pay the money(if they have the right of redemption). At which time the sheriff shows up, asks them to leave and the property must be removed from the house while the officer watches. Once it is off the property, its fair game. I just hope it doesn't come to that. Cuz then its just awkward.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
My limited understanding is they have up until the sheriff shows up to vacate or pay the money(if they have the right of redemption). At which time the sheriff shows up, asks them to leave and the property must be removed from the house while the officer watches. Once it is off the property, its fair game. I just hope it doesn't come to that. Cuz then its just awkward.

Oh ok. So not like when the bank repo's your house. Anything left after the vacate time now belongs to the bank. Well, hopefully when you show up, they are already gone.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Any progress toward resolving this situation?

Yay posting was good luck and I got ahold of the sheriffs office! the date will be posted. I'm hoping that's all it takes and we can avoid the rest of it. Such a lengthy process though.

for anyone interested. I had a great chat with the officer (he sounds busy, which is kinda sad) who explained when he gets there, if she doesn't move her stuff, it is my responsibility to do so and he can cancel the eviction if it looks like I don't have adequate help to remove it all in two hours. At that point it gets put on the lawn and she has 24 hours to retrieve it, after that its mine.

Last edited:
I cannot get the sheriff's office to call me back. I have written hem two checks in this process and I can't get anyone to answer the phone in that division or return my calls. In the meantime, I can do nothing. Incredibly frustrating as she had the power shut off, and I had to have it turned back on so my house didn't sit without power. Another bunch of calls today.

Has she vacated the premises?

You might want to try calling the Sheriff's department's main number and asking for Sheriff Cameron. You probably won't get him on the phone directly, but you can try to leave a message with his secretary (or whatever you call them). Hopefully that would lead to someone that handles evictions calling you back.

Not Quite

Question. The renter knows ahead of time when the eviction is correct? If they have to be out by high noon and it's 12:01 pm, and you show up with the court order and the Sherriff, do you still have to allow them to remove their stuff? I would have thought that at the 12:01 mark, it's all my property now.

You do not HAVE to allow them the time to remove their stuff. But, with the Sheriff standing there, and they are willing to move all their stuff in an expeditious manner, cause the Sheriff ain't gonna' stay there all day, then let them get their crap out. If they're not there when the deadline comes, have the Sheriff there and remove all the crap to the curb. Once there, it is a self-serve for whomever wants it. You cannot just keep what's in the house for yourself. It has to be move off the property first, then you can take what you want.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
For those of you who have had to do an eviction, did you hire movers or move the tenants belongings yourself?

I thought the Sheriff ? [not the police per sa ... but someone contracted by the courts, so the land lord would not be moving the tenants belongings]

.... did this when the notice was served

mitzi

I thought the Sheriff ? [not the police per sa ... but someone contracted by the courts, so the land lord would not be moving the tenants belongings]

.... did this when the notice was served

Who's going to pay for that? The deputy is there to serve the eviction order so the owner can take possession of their rental property.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
The sheriff actually kept trying to make me help her grab last minute items, and I really wasn't feeling it due to me walking in and finding THREE (3) III... dead animals on my dining room floor. So to answer the comments here..Yes I was required to help move her stuff, even with her there. Luckily, he did not make me remove EVERYTHING in the house, only things that looked of value. So now i'm shopping for a cleaning crew and roll off dumpster. Because I totally have money for all that :nomoney:

Pete

Repete
The sheriff actually kept trying to make me help her grab last minute items, and I really wasn't feeling it due to me walking in and finding THREE (3) III... dead animals on my dining room floor. So to answer the comments here..Yes I was required to help move her stuff, even with her there. Luckily, he did not make me remove EVERYTHING in the house, only things that looked of value. So now i'm shopping for a cleaning crew and roll off dumpster. Because I totally have money for all that :nomoney:

Expound on the 3 dead animals please

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

Attachments

• 20150501_094344_resized.jpg
    20150501_094344_resized.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 179

Wow, so she was there while you were moving stuff out? How awkward. Had she already moved out some of her stuff, stuff she cared about?

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Wow, so she was there while you were moving stuff out? How awkward. Had she already moved out some of her stuff, stuff she cared about?

Pretty much. I don't think she would have showed, but since there were animals in the house and outside, the sheriff called and said he was calling animal control. And the sheriff wanted me to work along side her like it was a freakin' picnic. I realize he wanted out of there, so did I, but it was pretty awkward.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Pretty much. I don't think she would have showed, but since there were animals in the house and outside, the sheriff called and said he was calling animal control. And the sheriff wanted me to work along side her like it was a freakin' picnic. I realize he wanted out of there, so did I, but it was pretty awkward.

Did she at least pretend to be embarrassed for screwing you over like she did?