Eviction movers

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Did she at least pretend to be embarrassed for screwing you over like she did?

I could tell she was mortified, at least. But I was so emotionally drained over seeing my house that bad that it barely registered. I'm pretty soft hearted with people, usually. But that was harder to see than I expected.

gretchen

Pretty much. I don't think she would have showed, but since there were animals in the house and outside, the sheriff called and said he was calling animal control. And the sheriff wanted me to work along side her like it was a freakin' picnic. I realize he wanted out of there, so did I, but it was pretty awkward.

You do realize sheriffs can't just make up laws on the fly,right? Tell him to produce an order to clean up,or go scratch. You are a white woman,dammit. Don't let the man hold you down.

This isn't the sarcasm thread.

I could tell she was mortified, at least. But I was so emotionally drained over seeing my house that bad that it barely registered. I'm pretty soft hearted with people, usually. But that was harder to see than I expected.

I take back my previous comment (the quoted one suggesting that she probably wasn't embarrassed) then. You seem to indicate that she was to some degree.

Did she just come on hard times - e.g., lose her job - such that she couldn't pay you any more, even though she would have liked to?

lovinmaryland

Good lord so was she like a hoarder or something? There were more animals that were alive along w/ the dead mice? ICK!

sockgirl77

You do realize sheriffs can't just make up laws on the fly,right? Tell him to produce an order to clean up,or go scratch. You are a white woman,dammit. Don't let the man hold you down.

By law, the landlord(s) and/or agent(s) must be the one(s) to remove property from the rental unit. I'm a few weeks away from going through this with one of my renters. Everything that LT went through, I'm getting ready to see firsthand. I only hope that there are no dead animals though. I've been in the unit enough to know that I've only ever seen one animal in it though.

tom88

Yeah... when I posted that there was no indication that the OP had already finished the process and had the order in-hand. Only mentioned that they were in the process of an eviction.

So then you were suggesting the op hire renters and move people's belongings without a court order? Further, your suggestion was to do this so that the op wouldn't be sued. So tell me, how is it you don't think the op couldn't be sued if they illegally moved someone's property out of a residence just by hiring movers?

Didn't really think that one through did ya?

tom88

The sheriff actually kept trying to make me help her grab last minute items, and I really wasn't feeling it due to me walking in and finding THREE (3) III... dead animals on my dining room floor. So to answer the comments here..Yes I was required to help move her stuff, even with her there. Luckily, he did not make me remove EVERYTHING in the house, only things that looked of value. So now i'm shopping for a cleaning crew and roll off dumpster. Because I totally have money for all that :nomoney:

How did the sheriff make you move things?

DannyMotorcycle

You do not HAVE to allow them the time to remove their stuff. But, with the Sheriff standing there, and they are willing to move all their stuff in an expeditious manner, cause the Sheriff ain't gonna' stay there all day, then let them get their crap out. If they're not there when the deadline comes, have the Sheriff there and remove all the crap to the curb. Once there, it is a self-serve for whomever wants it. You cannot just keep what's in the house for yourself. It has to be move off the property first, then you can take what you want.

I don't think it's a legal free for all, it's still the tenant's property, even if evicted. Just because its' there, doesn't even mean it's the former
tenants property. If i leave my car at your house, and you get evicted, it doesn't' mean someone can have my car after being moved to the end of the property. Or let's say it's my mickey johnson baseball glove. it's still my personal property that i might not be aware of is involved in an eviction process, and legally passerbyers shouldn't be able to to just take it, I believe. I could be wrong. Anyone?