Explain please

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
Don't forget to take into account the fact that Noah was building this incredible Ark in the middle of the desert. Anyone watching him was bound to think he was out of his mind but Noah just kept on building in accordance with God's instructions. I just thought people might be interested in that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The thought of it just crossed my mind and I wanted the religious explanation of how he fit all of those animals on the boat, ect ect please.

They were those foam animals like the ones that come in the gumball machine. Just add water and, poof! Real animals.

Starman3000m

Don't forget to take into account the fact that Noah was building this incredible Ark in the middle of the desert. Anyone watching him was bound to think he was out of his mind but Noah just kept on building in accordance with God's instructions. I just thought people might be interested in that.

Good point godsbutterfly.

And so the same basic scenario exists in this present age. Many were being warned by Noah of an impending rain that would drown them unless they boarded the Ark. They scorned and mocked the message just like those today who are being warned of an impending loss of their soul for refusing God's Plan of Salvation through Christ's Atoning Blood. God is not willing that anyone should perish and has provided The Way to be saved. Christ's instructions were to tell the world that He Is The Way, The Truth and The Life and that No Person can come to God except through Him. (John 14:6)
Yet today, many people mock and scorn His Message.

Christ also warned of the following:

But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark,

And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
(Matthew 24:37-44)

itsbob

I bowl overhand

elephants, Rhino's and Hippo's live in the desert??

Where?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
The boat was big enough, and they all fit. That's my opinion, what's yours?

We KNOW the size of the boat, do the math, it's impossible they ALL fit. It's impossible 1/100th of them fit, let alone all the food (more animals, and vegetation to last 40 days)...

I know.. "faith, the Bible tells me it happened, so it did"

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
None of this stuff adds up and it is one thing for the uneducated peoples of the time period to believe these stories, but with our logical analytic skills of today...how can anyone even attempt to rationalize this thinking?
The Discovery Channel did, what I think was, a pretty solid and objective look at the story some time ago. I wish I could have found a better site, but a recap is here.

Bible literalists are in a tough spot with so many stories, especially those of the OT. They may have difficulty reconciling the stories with physical laws, but not believing everything as written calls other claims into question... so they must believe.

During my search for the Discovery show, I, naturally, drew up a bunch of Noah defense sites. One I looked over said that the other worldwide flood stories that pre-date the Bible's are helpful because they reinforce the incident's validity. At the same time, these stories should be discarded because they are not the true story - the biblical one is... even though the others were written hundreds or thousands of years prior and are clearly more plausible.

Last edited:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
... even though the others were written hundreds or thousands of years prior and are clearly more plausible.
If anyone is interested in checking out some of these others, here is a big ol' list of them. Enjoy. :lol:

This_person

We KNOW the size of the boat, do the math, it's impossible they ALL fit. It's impossible 1/100th of them fit, let alone all the food (more animals, and vegetation to last 40 days)...

I know.. "faith, the Bible tells me it happened, so it did"
Maybe it's not as clear cut as that. Maybe God left part of the world alone, and that's where other animals survived - but it was the whole known world to the mankind He created. Maybe there were other Noah's elsewhere, but they don't matter to the overall story, so they were not included (remember, the Bible is all you NEED to know, not all you WANT to know). Maybe when Noah gathered the animals, he only gathered eggs and sperm (thus, their "male"ness and "female"ness), and had a lab to provide the world with the first test tube babies when he was back on dry ground - and that's why it was seven pairs of some, and two pairs of others.

Saying it's impossible for someone to do is very close minded. I know it was considered impossible to have man land on the moon, and to have one guy shoot the president, and to make computers so small, and to etc., etc.

This_person

That the boat story is a crock of ####. (along with the many other fictional/dramatized stories in the book)
Was there an answer you could have gotten to the question that would have changed your mind, or were you just bored and picking a fight you thought people would take?

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

The Discovery Channel did, what I think was, a pretty solid and objective look at the story some time ago. I wish I could have found a better site, but a recap is here.

Now THAT is what i'm talking about :yay:

Some accountable literature on the entire happening.

Here are some important words to be taken from the link.
It isn't too hard to imagine that these texts found in Babylon and Nineveh were also there when Jewish scribes put down the words of the story into the Hebrew bible. It would be better if we today stopped trying to put a supernatural shroud around what is a good myth that can tell us about our history as humans.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Why did you ask then?

I'm not afraid of being proved wrong :shrug: I would actually LIKE to be proved wrong on this stuff if biblical beliefs are actually true :yay:

Was there an answer you could have gotten to the question that would have changed your mind, or were you just bored and picking a fight you thought people would take?

Sure you could have changed my mind, if you could have explained the story to have a physical probability of occuring. Instead, you gave me links to look up the story that I've heard my entire life and one that doesn't make logical sense at that. If nothing else, this story, along with others, is a grand dramatization of what really happened. This could be used back in those times because the people weren't any wiser...they didn't know the whole world was out there (their world was just what they knew). It has to be accepted today though that the stories of past don't make logical sense with today's knowledge :yay:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

:faint:

:backingoutofthisthreadbeforelightningstrikespcjohnnyb:

why would I be struck by lightning for voicing my disbelief in a man-written story? Who is here today and who died? I believe the people who all wrote those stories are dead...maybe god didn't appreciate having a mockery made out of him or being used to facilitate law and order in a society :shrug: just sayin

Pete

Repete
I'm not afraid of being proved wrong :shrug: I would actually LIKE to be proved wrong on this stuff if biblical beliefs are actually true :yay:

Sure you could have changed my mind, if you could have explained the story to have a physical probability of occuring. Instead, you gave me links to look up the story that I've heard my entire life and one that doesn't make logical sense at that. If nothing else, this story, along with others, is a grand dramatization of what really happened. This could be used back in those times because the people weren't any wiser...they didn't know the whole world was out there (their world was just what they knew). It has to be accepted today though that the stories of past don't make logical sense with today's knowledge :yay:
You cannot be proved wrong. It is called faith for a reason. Get over it and move on.

This_person

Sure you could have changed my mind, if you could have explained the story to have a physical probability of occuring.
Okay
Maybe it's not as clear cut as that. Maybe God left part of the world alone, and that's where other animals survived - but it was the whole known world to the mankind He created. Maybe there were other Noah's elsewhere, but they don't matter to the overall story, so they were not included (remember, the Bible is all you NEED to know, not all you WANT to know). Maybe when Noah gathered the animals, he only gathered eggs and sperm (thus, their "male"ness and "female"ness), and had a lab to provide the world with the first test tube babies when he was back on dry ground - and that's why it was seven pairs of some, and two pairs of others.

Saying it's impossible for someone to do is very close minded. I know it was considered impossible to have man land on the moon, and to have one guy shoot the president, and to make computers so small, and to etc., etc.​
Instead, you gave me links to look up the story that I've heard my entire life and one that doesn't make logical sense at that.
Well, you keep saying "two of each". That's not what the "story you've heard your entire life" says, so I thought you should actually read it. You were unwilling - scoffing at the idea.
If nothing else, this story, along with others, is a grand dramatization of what really happened. This could be used back in those times because the people weren't any wiser...they didn't know the whole world was out there (their world was just what they knew). It has to be accepted today though that the stories of past don't make logical sense with today's knowledge
What if our knowledge isn't complete? LIke, how did they build the pyramids, Easter Island statues, etc., etc., etc.

We're not as smart as it seems, friend.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

That's not what the "story you've heard your entire life" says, so I thought you should actually read it. You were unwilling - scoffing at the idea.

What if our knowledge isn't complete? LIke, how did they build the pyramids, Easter Island statues, etc., etc., etc.

We're not as smart as it seems, friend.

You know what religion I am (no longer practicing) and what I've heard my entire life? :confused:

I think I am going to simply bow out of this. If anyone has genuine input, please give it, if not then don't expect any further responses on my part :smile: :howdy:

Last edited:

This_person

You know what religion I am (no longer practicing) and what I've heard my entire life? :confused:
I was quoting you. You said you'd heard it your entire life, and you were quoting the story wrong. If you'd like links to your quotes, I'll provide them.
I think I am going to simply bow out of this. If anyone has genuine input, please give it, if not then don't expect any further responses on my part :smile :howdy:
Good choice.