Explain please

TimAllen

why would I be struck by lightning for voicing my disbelief in a man-written story? Who is here today and who died? I believe the people who all wrote those stories are dead...maybe god didn't appreciate having a mockery made out of him or being used to facilitate law and order in a society :shrug: just sayin

I don't think God will strike you dead by lightning although He has the power to do so. I do believe that the "man-written story" as you suggest it was told to them by God, so there would be a record of all that happened. You on the otherhand are the one making a mockery of God's Word, and you are the one that even though you have been told about salvation and how Jesus died on the cross for our sins and rose again 3 days later so that we can have everlasting life, continue to make a mockery out of God's Word. So what I have to say is you are the one that will suffer for eternity, that my friend is written in the Bible, that is if you choose to believe. And that is all I have to say about that.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

I was quoting you. You said you'd heard it your entire life, and you were quoting the story wrong. If you'd like links to your quotes, I'll provide them.Good choice.

Please provide them and then provide the "true" story...either way there is not necessarily a true story...they are both (if my story somehow differed) man-written myths :shrug:

Toxick

Splat
The thought of it just crossed my mind and I wanted the religious explanation of how he fit all of those animals on the boat, ect ect please.

They didn't need to put fish or birds or water dwelling mammals (dolphins/hippos/otters) on the ark.
That cut the residency by two thirds.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

They didn't need to put fish or birds or water dwelling mammals (dolphins/hippos/otters) on the ark.
That cut the residency by two thirds.

So you're saying that anything that can swim could survive without land for (wasn't it 40 days+ in the story?) 40 days of a flood? My thought was the same as yours but then the obvious comes into play that they would end up drowning from exhaustion (minus the fish and MAYBE the birds, since they can float effortlessly...some of them)

Mojo

I don't think God will strike you dead by lightning although He has the power to do so. I do believe that the "man-written story" as you suggest it was told to them by God, so there would be a record of all that happened. You on the otherhand are the one making a mockery of God's Word, and you are the one that even though you have been told about salvation and how Jesus died on the cross for our sins and rose again 3 days later so that we can have everlasting life, continue to make a mockery out of God's Word. So what I have to say is you are the one that will suffer for eternity, that my friend is written in the Bible, that is if you choose to believe. And that is all I have to say about that.

I think Al rigged the electrical wires to light you up, way to many times :huggy:

This_person

Please provide them and then provide the "true" story...either way there is not necessarily a true story...they are both (if my story somehow differed) man-written myths :shrug:
The story is in the links I provided. Read and we'll discuss when you have meaningful questions.

But, since you've already decided the stories you've heard are better than the source, and that you have no interest in doing actual research to answer your question, I'm suspecting you won't do that. And, since you've already made your decision as to the veracity of the story, you seem to be doing nothing other than picking a fight. If you had actual questions you don't think you already know the answers to, you'd do research, not beg people to argue with you.

Pete

Repete
Thanks for the compliment (I think)...but I do HONESTLY want your darn input here lol. I am sick of people giving :bs: input...I thought you might actually be taking this in a viable direction :lol:

Quit being a jackass, there is no viable direction. You believe it or you don't and you know that. Your mindset is known, you cannot be proved wrong, you cannot be convinced that 2 of every animal got on a big boat, you just want to stir shiat with those who believe.

HadEnough

Noahs Ark is a parable.

1. a short allegorical story designed to illustrate or teach some truth, religious principle, or moral lesson.

Everyone knows this!

HadEnough

A parable by definition is a fictional illustration.

I dont think pcjohnnyb was taking issue with that definition (although i am not speaking for him/her). It was those on here (who have posted) that it actually occurred that the question was posed to.

1. a short allegorical story designed to illustrate or teach some truth, religious principle, or moral lesson.

That's all Noah's Ark is.