Favorite rifles...

black dog

Free America
And of course there is always Hornady...who also make match grade 7.62x54r.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh-TxVDKYPY

Yes, so they say. Once in a while someone will win a match at Perry using Hornadys bullets.

Edit...
They do make great bullets for the Three Gun and Action pistol shooters. But for long shooting, I could be wrong but I believe that last worthy thing that was won with Hornadys bullets was at Perry shooting High Power in 2011.. but I could be wrong.
I offer find it interesting that the word " Match " gets tossed around alot in the shooting world. I find it interesting that with Federals Gold Metal Match ammo that even though Federal makes plenty of different bullets, most if not all of Federals GM centerfire ammo uses Sierra Matchking bullets..

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
One rifle that is still on my "will buy someday" list is a sharpshooting rifle (1800s replica, also popularly known as a "Quigley") in .45-90.

Here my Browning Creedmore in 45-90 they come with a 34" Badger barrel.
It also sports sights from Montana Vintage Arms. The front sight has a bubble and is adj for windage.

View attachment 116291
Wait until you buy factory ammo for 45-90.. empty brass is almost a buck a piece now.

black dog

Free America
Need a bigger safe...

LOL.. I'm trying to downsize here these last few years.
That fifty is almost 59" long and weighs better than 34 lbs without optics and rings.
It's much easier to move in and out of a vault without a scope and a buttstock.
I have the storage situation covered..

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That fifty is almost 59" long and weighs better than 34 lbs without optics and rings.
It's much easier to move in and out of a vault without a scope and a buttstock.
I have the storage situation covered..

LOL. My largest 54r rifles are 52", and 24 pounds without optics or magazine. They can a a pain to mess with.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My Type 53 is fine for Urban Work ..... although I should convert to a 'Scout' Rifle since my eyes are not getting any better .

My short vision is bad and getting worse. That messes with my ability to use iron sights.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Fun day. Getting some of the ordnance ready for the annual trip south to our family farm in rural southern VA. Several days of nonstop shooting in store...hope the weather is nice. Only have 500 yard range now but we're planning to do some work on setting up a longer one.

All are 7.62x54r.

IMG_0330.jpg

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Fun day. Getting some of the ordnance ready for the annual trip south to our family farm in rural southern VA. Several days of nonstop shooting in store...hope the weather is nice. Only have 500 yard range now but we're planning to do some work on setting up a longer one.

All are 7.62x54r. ]

Several DAYS???? Jesus, man. :weeklongheadache:

black dog

Free America
Looking at the weather forecast...we'll only be shooting Friday and Saturday.

A new front is rolling through Indiana this evening, its bringing more cold air and some snow i believe. Your Friday maybe wet. I had the triplets out today checking zero's and we will be banging and clanging steel out to 700 this Sat. The store / range is called Bass & Bucks in Wabash Indiana.
All Remington 700 PSS's a 223 a 308 and a 300 Win Mag.
View attachment 116463

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Well, we had decent weather down in southern VA. We only shot on Saturday though...Friday was busy with family Christmas stuff. My Mom shoots, (she's 84) and found her new favorite shooter in the form of a Taurus 94 .22LR 9-shot revolver that my BIL let her try out. So of course, already bidding on one on Gunbroker..LOL.

black dog

Free America
Well, we had decent weather down in southern VA. We only shot on Saturday though...Friday was busy with family Christmas stuff. My Mom shoots, (she's 84) and found her new favorite shooter in the form of a Taurus 94 .22LR 9-shot revolver that my BIL let her try out. So of course, already bidding on one on Gunbroker..LOL.

That's awesome shooting with Mom, I went with a few other Deplorables and banged some steel and paper at 550 and 745 yards. It was a bit chilly, 33 degrees with 88% humidity and 9 to 20 mph wind to my right side. A god time had by all.
View attachment 116523
View attachment 116524

Last edited: