Favorite rifles...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
.. 9 to 20 mph wind to my right side. .

Phew! Nothing like some added challenge from mother nature. It was dead calm where we were shooting. But that was a good thing because we were zeroing four new rifle/scope combinations; two of mine, one my brother's and one of my BIL's. Busy day..LOL

black dog

Free America
Corrections went from .5 to 1.1 mil and constantly changed all morning with ever changing wind and lowering humidity / air density added to the fun.. I sent about 150 + downrange and with that my fingers stopped working in the cold and it was time to pack it up.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I finished the lower for my next 6.5 Grendel build last weekend. Another Geiselle trigger group. The upper is still pending..

black dog

Free America
All the new 6.5's are truly impressive on the range with a quality rifle.
I have a few 700 actions that I have been sitting on for years and I think I am going to go with 6.5 Creedmore for the first one.
One of the guys I shoot with bought a new Ruger in Creedmore, after a return trip to the factory it is a laser out to the 750 yds that he has shot it.
You need to learn to reload.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
All the new 6.5's are truly impressive on the range with a quality rifle.
I have a few 700 actions that I have been sitting on for years and I think I am going to go with 6.5 Creedmore for the first one.
One of the guys I shoot with bought a new Ruger in Creedmore, after a return trip to the factory it is a laser out to the 750 yds that he has shot it.
You need to learn to reload.
lol. A couple of my more serious shooting buddies tell me the same thing. I've just got way too many hobbies already.

black dog

Free America
it's a bunch shorter, The Creedmore is based on a 300 savage / TC parent case, the Grendel is based on a few parent cases. Like 220 Russian, 762x39 and the PPC cases.
View attachment 116633

Size comparison of short-action cartridges, left to right: (AR-10 length, approx max length 2.8" or 71.5 mm) .308 Winchester, 6.5mm Creedmoor, .243 Winchester, (AR-15 length) 6.5mm Grendel, .223 Remington

The Grendel really shines with heavier bullets and a long barrel.
It performs very well out to about 800 yds.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The Grendel really shines with heavier bullets and a long barrel.
It performs very well out to about 800 yds.

The first one I built with a 24" barrel. The one I'm currently building is with a 22" barrel. Both quite a bit longer than the typical 16" AR-15 carbine barrel.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
IMG_0664.JPG