FDA Approves Methylphenidate Patch for ADHD

M

missperky

tomchamp said:
I believe there is no such thing. Can I have an opinion like that since I have no kids? I also believe that there is no such thing as Autism. My brother is an expert on that BTW. His son was diagnosed as autistic. But he found out through his own research that it is actually "Heavy metal toxcicty". He got through vacines.
Not ALL autism is caused by shots, if this is the case every kid that has had vaccines would have autism. Is there anything else in your f'ed up mind that doesn't exist?

I can relate in this way...

my son began having respiratory problems for the first time ever around the age of 11 months. He had been perfectly health from birth, so I figured his issues were strictly environmental (i.e: virus, bacterial, etc.) His pediatrician recognized it for what it was.... asthma. At first, I was in denial. I did the breathing treatments and gave him the prescribed medications. But once he seemed to be fine again, I found myself letting up on the meds because I hated the thought of him being on daily medication even when he "seemed fine". Every time I did this, he ended up with respiratory issues again. I had to come to a realization that my son had a chronic problem and that daily medication was required for him to lead a normal life.

My son has since outgrown his asthma, but as a parent, it was my responsibility to educate myself and do what was best for my son. If it took daily medications to do this, so be it.

tomchamp

missperky said:
Yes I do, and putting my son on pill(s) was the last thing on my mind and so I did other things to try and help him, which did not help. Yes I also know why I put pill(s) into my son's body, so he can get through school and actually be able to do something with his life, (unlike his POS dad) Don't try to make me feel bad because I know that what I am doing is right. I also research the med's before agreeing.

I'm not trying to make you feel bad MP. It's one of them things I like to read about. I have heard both sides of the issue . I'm not telling anyone how to be a parent, I have no experiece at that, sorry if we disagree.

tomchamp said:
My brother is an expert on that BTW. His son was diagnosed as autistic. But he found out through his own research that it is actually "Heavy metal toxcicty". He got through vacines.
Your brother may be highly educated in your nephew's ailment, but that doesn't make him an expert on autism...:shrug:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
kwillia said:
I can relate in this way...

my son began having respiratory problems for the first time ever around the age of 11 months. He had been perfectly health from birth, so I figured his issues were strictly environmental (i.e: virus, bacterial, etc.) His pediatrician recognized it for what it was.... asthma. At first, I was in denial. I did the breathing treatments and gave him the prescribed medications. But once he seemed to be fine again, I found myself letting up on the meds because I hated the thought of him being on daily medication even when he "seemed fine". Every time I did this, he ended up with respiratory issues again. I had to come to a realization that my son had a chronic problem and that daily medication was required for him to lead a normal life.

My son has since outgrown his asthma, but as a parent, it was my responsibility to educate myself and do what was best for my son. If it took daily medications to do this, so be it.
:clap: Exactly ... no responsible, loving parent is in a rush to medicate their kid for something if it's not entirely necessary (I certainly wasn't, and tried several other things before medication). But when faced with the reality of the situation, you do what you have to do for the best interests/health of your kid/s. It's something only parents can understand/relate to ... whether it's ADHD, asthma, or bailing their asses outta jail. :shrug:

tomchamp

missperky said:
Not ALL autism is caused by shots, if this is the case every kid that has had vaccines would have autism. Is there anything else in your f'ed up mind that doesn't exist?

Never said all..but a few years back they put a passervative in vaccines. They were loaded with Mercury. Most states have banned it now! BTW, the amish don't vacinate their kids. And there has never been a case of an amish autistic kid.

Last edited:

crabcake

tomchamp said:
Never said all..but a fews years back they put a passervative in vaccines. They were loaded with Murcury. Most states have banned it now! BTW, the amish don't vacinate their kids. And there has never been a case of an amish autistic kid.
They put a dictionary on the internet, too. Perhaps you should read it a little more than crackpot articles on the web. :ohwell:

tomchamp

kwillia said:
Your brother may be highly educated in your nephew's ailment, but that doesn't make him an expert on autism...:shrug:

Never said it did K, but he does know a lot more about it than we do.

tomchamp said:
Never said all..but a fews years back they put a passervative in vaccines. They were loaded with Murcury. Most states have banned it now! BTW, the amish don't vacinate their kids. And there has never been a case of an amish autistic kid.
Tom, there are many, many varying factors involved other than just vaccines.

BTW... doing a quick internet search gave me THIS LINK ...

"So far, from sources inside and outside the Amish community, I have identified three Amish residents of Lancaster County who apparently have full-syndrome autism, all of them children.

A local woman told me there is one classroom with about 30 "special-needs" Amish children. In that classroom, there is one autistic Amish child.

Another autistic Amish child does not go to school.

The third is that woman's pre-school-age daughter."

crabcake

kwillia said:

"So far, from sources inside and outside the Amish community, I have identified three Amish residents of Lancaster County who apparently have full-syndrome autism, all of them children.

A local woman told me there is one classroom with about 30 "special-needs" Amish children. In that classroom, there is one autistic Amish child.

Are you suggesting Tom might have been wrong in his medical knowledge/assertations? :shocking:

tomchamp

kwillia said:

OK, but somehow that kid got metals heavy metals in his body. Google this..Dr. Buttar!

tomchamp said:
OK, but somehow that kid got metals heavy metals in his body. Google this..Dr. Buttar!
Prep's prior post points poetically to other potential points of probability.

crabcake said:
Are you suggesting Tom might have been wrong in his medical knowledge/assertations? :shocking:
I can't say whether he is right or wrong. I'm just pointing out that "information" on the web can be found to either prove or disprove just about any subject... it all depends on what slant one wants to look for...:shrug:

crabcake

tomchamp said:
Ok, your right, but how do these things get into a one year old body? I don't know to many one year olds that are eating sea food out of lake Erie
:smack: You didn't even read the article, did ya? :duh:

PrepH4U

tomchamp said:
Ok, your right, but how do these things get into a one year old body? I don't know to many one year olds that are eating sea food out of lake Erie
Doesn't have to be Lake Erie! Pregnant mom's who eat fish & seafood could be a great factor.