Fluffy Possums?

D

dems4me

baileydog said:
Go to Google and type in opossums and they have great sites there.

I've looked and I don't see anything like this... :frown:

Pete

Repete
I almost gave your fuzzy opossum's cousin a Firestone tatoo tonight. In a weak moment I hit the brake and let it waddle on by.

Vince

Saw one of the critters perched on a fence post in the backyard during the day. Had to shoot it.

Vince

Hello6 said:
Was it coming straight for you? :yikes:
No it wasn't. It was out during the daytime. They are nocturnal type animals. If they are out during the day, like the raccoon, they are probably sick, i.e. rabies. Have seen it in raccoons. My dogs wanted to fight with it and I didn't want them getting bit. I don't shoot animals for fun. Shoot for food or defense.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Vince said:
No it wasn't. It was out during the daytime. They are nocturnal type animals. If they are out during the day, like the raccoon, they are probably sick, i.e. rabies. Have seen it in raccoons. My dogs wanted to fight with it and I didn't want them getting bit. I don't shoot animals for fun. Shoot for food or defense.
My neighbor shot a rabid raccoon in his backyard last week. His kids were playing out there after school around 3 and the raccoon kept coming towards them. He hustled the kids inside, got his gun and killed it.

Vince

jazz lady said:
My neighbor shot a rabid raccoon in his backyard last week. His kids were playing out there after school around 3 and the raccoon kept coming towards them. He hustled the kids inside, got his gun and killed it.
Normally that possum would have headed for the woods with the dogs barking at it, but this one just stayed on the fence post. Won't take a chance on that one biting one of my dogs or worse, some kid.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Vince said:
Normally that possum would have headed for the woods with the dogs barking at it, but this one just stayed on the fence post. Won't take a chance on that one biting one of my dogs or worse, some kid.
Exactly. The raccoon in my neighbor's yard should have hightailed it away from the kids, but it kept coming towards them. Never take a chance, whether it's your kids or pets. :yay:

D

dems4me

jazz lady said:
Exactly. The raccoon in my neighbor's yard should have hightailed it away from the kids, but it kept coming towards them. Never take a chance, whether it's your kids or pets. :yay:

This opposum appears to be very nice and timid... not at all aggressive... I had a dream last night that she was a rare exotic breed and I won ribbons for her and everything at an opposum show -- do they exist ? :ohwell:

Tomcat

Anytime
Vince said:
They are nocturnal type animals. If they are out during the day, like the raccoon, they are probably sick, i.e. rabies. .
:yeahthat: Very good point, they are very likely to carry rabies, get rid of it or have someone else come get rid of it for you.

Vince

The possum is not normally aggressive or mean. And it's easily scared off. If you can't scare it off, or it moves toward you, watch out.

D

dems4me

Vince said:
The possum is not normally aggressive or mean. And it's easily scared off. If you can't scare it off, or it moves toward you, watch out.

Thanks but I think animals sense animal lovers... she would never bite me :shrug: :huggy:

dems4me said:
Thanks but I think animals sense animal lovers... she would never bite me :shrug: :huggy:
We raised a possum from a baby all of three inches long to a full grown brut before we took him to a wildlife preserve... he loooooved seedless grapes. :yay:

D

dems4me

kwillia said:
We raised a possum from a baby all of three inches long to a full grown brut before we took him to a wildlife preserve... he loooooved seedless grapes. :yay:

noted thanks -- I'm not good at guessing what critters like... I remember when I first got the goats... someone said they loved grahm crackers... I bought $20.00 worth of grahm crackers -- no interest, then I was told they loved bread.... 8 loves later... nothing, then I was told they love greenbeans.... a case of green been cans later... after about the 10th can and no success one came up and started eating... not the greenbeans but the paper and glue around the can... apparently, I wasn't thinking like a goat... and it was hard to figure out what they would like to eat, albeit siding, drywall, etc... They have since learned to eat just about anything but meat.. :dance: