Fluffy Possums?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
dems4me said:
Thanks but I think animals sense animal lovers... she would never bite me :shrug: :huggy:
Yeah, just keep telling yourself that. :killingme Just make sure you are current on your rabies and tetanus shots. :wink:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I want....

A pet skunk! I remember seeing them being sold in a flea market in Florida when I was a kid. I stopped and asked the people about them and they told me they made great pets (like a cat) as long as they'd been depouched. I've wanted one ever since.

Vince

pixiegirl said:
A pet skunk! I remember seeing them being sold in a flea market in Florida when I was a kid. I stopped and asked the people about them and they told me they made great pets (like a cat) as long as they'd been depouched. I've wanted one ever since.
I like skunks, but I've always wanted a ferret. Don't think my dogs would go for it though. They just don't work and play well with others.

D

dems4me

pixiegirl said:

We had a nutty pet skunk growing up that was debagged.... it was in the 70's and black velvet was in ... I remember who ever walked in with a black velvet purse or shoes or what have you... the skunk would wrestle it away from you and run under the couch and hoard all of it under there... :ohwell:

Appy -- it is a calico white and grey mother opposum with very fluffy soft hair.... the baby has white, grey and orange like a calico cat. :frown:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Vince said:
I like skunks, but I've always wanted a ferret. Don't think my dogs would go for it though. They just don't work and play well with others.

Ferrets are the only thing in the world to date that I've found that I'm allergic to. :ohwell: One was living in my parents garage a couple years ago and I brought it inside and kept it until I found the owners. Worse couple days of my life as far as being sick are concerned. The weird thing is I've heard if you're allergic to ferrets then you should be allergic to cats as well. no probelms at all with cats.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
appyday said:
I think basic black and whites are around $150 Rarer colors are more..that is decented. I think they are illegal in MD

They are. Or you have to have some special permit or something. I asked when I worked at the vet's office years ago.

Vince

pixiegirl said:
Ferrets are the only thing in the world to date that I've found that I'm allergic to. :ohwell: One was living in my parents garage a couple years ago and I brought it inside and kept it until I found the owners. Worse couple days of my life as far as being sick are concerned. The weird thing is I've heard if you're allergic to ferrets then you should be allergic to cats as well. no probelms at all with cats.
Weird. I didn't know I was allergic to cats or dogs until I got allergy test done last week. And I've been around cats or dogs all my life. My mom always had a cat and now I've got two dogs. Now I found out I'm allergic to cats, dogs, dust, mold, and some kind of tree that is supposed to be native to Maryland. Started my allergy shots this week.

D

dems4me

appyday said:
I dont know what to tell you Dems mabie the grey/white opossum has somthing orange on it or pee stains...get a dern pic of your friendly animal and get it over with

I don't have a digital camera :frown: or by golly I would have taken about 150 pics of this thing by now... :frown:

D

dems4me

appyday said:
Sorry Dems..:huggy: but it is the truth...get some pics or lets try this..describe it again so we can get a better feel for it..

Actually that kind of reminds me of a joke I played on about 4 or 5 older manly man friends I was hanging out with at pool league several years ago ...... I went to the zoo with my ex fiance' for fun and I ended up taking lots of pictures of the animals.

Welll during the downtime at the pool hall, while other players were shooting we were all just sitting around and I decided to pull out the pictures.... I started talking about all these weird critters that were coming into my yard...and here -- LOOK!!! I have pictures of these... and I would show them the picture and ask... WTF are these :shrug:

All of the men would make up some BS nonexistant animal instead of saying they didn't know... it was commical... one guy would say it's one of those ughh... such and suchs and haven't seem them in a while around here and then the other guys would all agree with whoever guessed or made something up first...... :killingme:

Then I showed them about 12 more criters pictures from the zoo, etc.... I was trying soooo hard not to laugh or say -- do you really think I'm an idiot :shrug:.. It was then that I realized I forgot to hide the picture of the dolphins :banghead: and the gig was up... we all laughed about it and I still tease the guys about it... :roflmao:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
dems

I found you a new av, too. Click on the picture to see the action. :lol:

Attachments

• mvpossum.gif
    mvpossum.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 96
D

dems4me

jazz lady said:
I found you a new av, too. Click on the picture to see the action. :lol:

:roflmao: thanks... maybe in january I 'll switch it... :roflmao:

Thanks!! :huggy: :flowers:

Theonly thing is this one doesn't hang off of trees... it lives on the floor of my barn :ohwell:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
dems4me said:
Actually that kind of reminds me of a joke I played on about 4 or 5 older manly man friends I was hanging out with at pool league several years ago ...... I went to the zoo with my ex fiance' for fun and I ended up taking lots of pictures of the animals.

Welll during the downtime at the pool hall, while other players were shooting we were all just sitting around and I decided to pull out the pictures.... I started talking about all these weird critters that were coming into my yard...and here -- LOOK!!! I have pictures of these... and I would show them the picture and ask... WTF are these :shrug:

All of the men would make up some BS nonexistant animal instead of saying they didn't know... it was commical... one guy would say it's one of those ughh... such and suchs and haven't seem them in a while around here and then the other guys would all agree with whoever guessed or made something up first...... :killingme:

Then I showed them about 12 more criters pictures from the zoo, etc.... I was trying soooo hard not to laugh or say -- do you really think I'm an idiot :shrug:.. It was then that I realized I forgot to hide the picture of the dolphins :banghead: and the gig was up... we all laughed about it and I still tease the guys about it... :roflmao:

That was a WONDERFUL story. :peace:

D

dems4me

pixiegirl said:
That was a WONDERFUL story. :peace:

Thanks :diva: I just about spit my beer through my nose when them daymn'd dolphin picks came up out of nowhere... :mad: :lol: I was wondering how long and how many animals these guys can bs.... one guy said... that looks like one of those monkey animals... but it's really not it's one of those ... ughh southern maryland rats or something or other. :killingme: They were sooo serious.... and once they saw the dolphins they knew they had been had... :roflmao:

I LOVE PRACTICAL JOKES!!!! :roflmao: