Flynn makes a deal

Hijinx

Interesting considering just this morning there were reports of Flynn chirping about Trump. Now it was Kushner. It's possible both gave the order at different times, perhaps one not knowing the other already did. It's also possible that both leaks are genuine: Flynn got the order from Kusher, who got the order from Trump. It's also possible Kushner is a distraction; it almost seems too convenient we see this story hours after we heard that Flynn was giving up POTUS.

"Jared Kushner is only a son-in-law. He's not even a real son. Hell, I don't even know why he shows up to Christmas dinner. He is a tremendous coffer server, the best there's ever been."

IMO Mueller picked Flynn to be the scapegoat and Flynn's testimony won't amount to anything.
He had to nail someone to justify the great expense of his fishing trip.
Flynn was dumb enough to lie to the FBI.
The FBI which is infiltrated by Obama holdovers., and needs a good cleaning.

Starman

IMO Mueller picked Flynn to be the scapegoat and Flynn's testimony won't amount to anything.
He had to nail someone to justify the great expense of his fishing trip.

Yea, that's not how government plea bargain agreements work. Flynn got a deal because he's too much of a coward for jail time and he decided to chirp instead.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
You sound like you're trying to convince yourself of something more than anyone who is reading what you write.

I wish you luck.
No luck needed just stating facts, amongst all the the speculation CNN, NYT and WAPO are putting out.
Every story they publish they always say, could be, might be, if, etc.

Still no collusion. Even the meetings Flynn lied about do not point to any collusion with the Russians to interfere with the election. They happened after the election. So, it’s still just a fishing expedition and no one really knows what “might, could, should or may happen”.
When you have to go back 200 years for a law you know it’s gettin tough.
Keep speculating and good luck.

Starman

No luck needed just stating facts, amongst all the the speculation CNN, NYT and WAPO are putting out.
Every story they publish they always say, could be, might be, if, etc.

Still no collusion. Even the meetings Flynn lied about do not point to any collusion with the Russians to interfere with the election. They happened after the election. So, it’s still just a fishing expedition and no one really knows what “might, could, should or may happen”.
When you have to go back 200 years for a law you know it’s gettin tough.
Keep speculating and good luck.

Cool story.

I just look at the cherry deal Flynn got -- a single lying felony when he could have gotten so much more. That suggests Mueller got or is getting much in return for the softball treatment.

I really have no idea where this will lead them, but time will tell.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Cool story.

I just look at the cherry deal Flynn got -- a single lying felony when he could have gotten so much more. That suggests Mueller got or is getting much in return for the softball treatment.

I really have no idea where this will lead them, but time will tell.

What exactly "more" could Flynn have gotten? There is no evidence yet that a crime beyond lying has been committed by the Republicans.

Starman

What exactly "more" could Flynn have gotten? There is no evidence yet that a crime beyond lying has been committed by the Republicans.

There were multiple lies, and the government didn’t need to agree to leniency. This is the same charge that put Martha Stewart away for a bit.

I look at this way: I have no idea of the legality of precisely what Flynn lied about. OK, lying is a crime. But what he lied about is likely irrelevant. Since we do know he got a deal, the government got more of what they were looking for. The rumor mill says possibly Donald himself gave the order. Who knows? Is that even a crime — to have told Flynn to make the calls?

My guess is that these early stories about who told whom to do what are all distractions. Whatever the government got in return will be known later. And it may not have anything to do with Russia. Or Israel. Or Turkey. Or the UN.

Starman

not as the President Elect [from what I have read]

That’s my point. Based on my read it is probably not a legal issue to have done that. It is reasonable to conclude the government found another thread to tease for a bit. It probably has nothing to do with the ordering of the phone call.

BOP

This is breaking on ABC

ABC News‏Verified account
@ABC
1m1 minute ago
More
ABC News Retweeted ABC News
MORE: Michael Flynn "is prepared to testify...against Pres. Trump, against members of the Trump family, and others in the White House," @BrianRoss reports. http://abcn.ws/2AhU3Iq ABC News added,

0:50
ABC News
Verified account

@ABC
JUST IN: @BrianRoss on @ABC News Special Report: Michael Flynn promised "full cooperation to the Mueller team" and is prepared to testify that as a candidate, Donald Trump "directed him to make contact with the…
13 replies 119 retweets 104 likes
Reply 13 Retweet 119 Like 104 Direct message

ABC News‏Verified account
@ABC
9m9 minutes ago
More
JUST IN: @BrianRoss on @ABC News Special Report: Michael Flynn promised "full cooperation to the Mueller team" and is prepared to testify that as a candidate, Donald Trump "directed him to make contact with the Russians." http://abcn.ws/2AhU3Iq

Lock Him up! Lock Him up!

Oh the irony.

If he'd been about to testify against Killary, he'd be swimming with the fishes already.

Hijinx

Mueller is trying to make his spending of millions of dollars on BS justified by getting a confession from Mueller that he spoke to a Russian.
Something we already knew.

It's more an act of desperation on Muellers part than anything else.

Midnightrider

Mueller is trying to make his spending of millions of dollars on BS justified by getting a confession from Mueller that he spoke to a Russian.
Something we already knew.

It's more an act of desperation on Muellers part than anything else.

That’s just stupid. If they didn’t have anything else on Flynn he wouldn’t need a deal. He could fight the lying charge and if he lost get an extremely light sentence.
But if he is facing more serious charges, AND he has info to trade to the prosecution, it would make sense to plea bargain. So you are left with the questions, what else was he facing and what does he have to give up......

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
That’s just stupid. If they didn’t have anything else on Flynn he wouldn’t need a deal. He could fight the lying charge and if he lost get an extremely light sentence.
But if he is facing more serious charges, AND he has info to trade to the prosecution, it would make sense to plea bargain. So you are left with the questions, what else was he facing and what does he have to give up......

He doesn't have to give up anything.....that's the point.
All you have is "if he" and "if he" and what "might" and what "may".......

You have nothing...

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
There were multiple lies, and the government didn’t need to agree to leniency. This is the same charge that put Martha Stewart away for a bit.

I look at this way: I have no idea of the legality of precisely what Flynn lied about. OK, lying is a crime. But what he lied about is likely irrelevant. Since we do know he got a deal, the government got more of what they were looking for. The rumor mill says possibly Donald himself gave the order. Who knows? Is that even a crime — to have told Flynn to make the calls?

My guess is that these early stories about who told whom to do what are all distractions. Whatever the government got in return will be known later. And it may not have anything to do with Russia. Or Israel. Or Turkey. Or the UN.

So, in other words, you were wrong to say "when he could have got a lot more", right? When you got nuttin' you double down as a bluff.

Hijinx

I don't wish to spoil your high by giving you Narcan , but they've got nothing.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
OK, lying is a crime.

As are unsecured email servers, play for pay foundations, IRS targeting conservative groups.

If you like your doctor, it was due to a video, insurance savings of $2,500 per family. Dems lies also.