100% Goapele Head!
angel11284 said:
Must love dogs-pretty good
Click-saw part and it made me cry
50 first Dates-pretty good
Monster In Law-VERY GOOD-you should rent it this weekend...or at least soon

I really didn't like the movie crash...i guess i'm the only one

You go girl. :flowers: Thanks!

I am a total ROMANCE-Head and so I didn't care too much for Crash either but I bought it based on reviews. Did the same thing with The Pink Panther and the lesson now is to PPV movies I am not sure about.

And I believe Monster-In-Law is good. I just tallied some movies I want and wiith my next Columbia House order all of those will be on the list. :yay:

angel11284

LexiGirl75 said:
You go girl. :flowers: Thanks!

I am a total ROMANCE-Head and so I didn't care too much for Crash either but I bought it based on reviews. Did the same thing with The Pink Panther and the lesson now is to PPV movies I am not sure about.

And I believe Monster-In-Law is good. I just tallied some movies I want and wiith my next Columbia House order all of those will be on the list. :yay:

so the pink panther wasn't good either??? i wasn't sure about it so i haven't added it to my netflix but i'll take your word for it since you didn't like crash either...thank you :flowers:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
ylexot said:
I thought the first one was better. My biggest complaint though is that it is simply 2.5 hours of build-up to the next movie.

I thought the first one was better too but this was not the total dog most sequels are so I was happy. :lol: I agree most of it was a setup for the next one, especially the ending. But the next installment due out this year and I will definitely go see it if nothing else for the two male stars. :yum:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
angel11284 said:
so the pink panther wasn't good either??? i wasn't sure about it so i haven't added it to my netflix but i'll take your word for it since you didn't like crash either...thank you :flowers:

Pink Panther didn't have enough substance to it. I didn't like Steve Martin's accent. He was funny but in an unaware and serious way. The plot wasn't important enough IMO. Totally who cares. I will let you have that movie, been trying to give it away ever since I saw it.

Have you seen Silent Hill, I own it but it's still packaged because I won't watch it alone. :lmao:

ylexot

Super Genius
jazz lady said:
I thought the first one was better too but this was not the total dog most sequels are so I was happy. :lol: I agree most of it was a setup for the next one, especially the ending. But the next installment due out this year and I will definitely go see it if nothing else for the two male stars. :yum:
I agree with all but the very last statement. Keira Knightley on the other hand...:yum:

And for the guys out there...she gets nekkid in Domino :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
ylexot said:
I agree with all but the very last statement.
That's good to know. :lol:

Keira Knightley on the other hand...:yum:

And for the guys out there...she gets nekkid in Domino :yay:

And the ladies get Keith Richards as Jack Sparrow's father. :rolleyes:

J

julz20684

LexiGirl75 said:
Pink Panther didn't have enough substance to it. I didn't like Steve Martin's accent. He was funny but in an unaware and serious way. The plot wasn't important enough IMO. Totally who cares. I will let you have that movie, been trying to give it away ever since I saw it.

Have you seen Silent Hill, I own it but it's still packaged because I won't watch it alone. :lmao:

:yay:

closetrebel

these are movies i have seen. not really into chick flicks, but you might like these...(some of my favorites are in bold)

Roman Holiday (1953)
All About Eve (1950)
The Philadelphia Story (1940)
The Station Agent (2003)
Rear Window (1954)
Rebecca (1940)
A Star Is Born (1954)
Sunset Blvd. (1950)
Vertigo (1958)
West Side Story (1961)
Hotel Rwanda (2004)
Donnie Darko (2001)
Once Upon a Time in America (1984)
Raising Arizona (1987)
Everything Is Illuminated (2005)
Emmanuel's Gift (2005)
Mysterious Skin (2005)
The Quiet (2005)
Madame Bovary (1949)

Other choices (definitely not classified as chick flicks):

The Godfather (1972)
The Godfather II (1974)
Equilibrium (2002)
Closet Land (1991)
Gaslight (1944)
Requiem for a Dream (2000)
Hard Candy (2005)
Lord of the Rings Trilogy (2001-2002)
Maria Full of Grace (2004)
The Usual Suspects (1995)

For more choices, check out IMDB's List of the top 250 movies at http://www.imdb.com/chart/top

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
LexiGirl75 said:
I totally thought Geoffrey Rush (Capt. Barbosa) was sexy. :whistle:

:yeahthat: Even though he was uncredited in the film, there's no mistaking him. He's in the next one, too. :yay:

J

julz20684

LexiGirl75 said:
No nightmares if I watch it alone? I did well with The Village but Stir of Echoes. :nono:

I haven't seen Stir of Echoes, how is it? :popcorn:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Speaking of the Pink Panther - I absolutely adored Peter Sellers (rip), whose movies make me laugh my arse off. If you enjoy that brand of humour, I really suggest watching "What's New, Pussycat". It's an old movie and I actually found it in the classic comedy section, but I laughed for days.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
I know someone posted Young Frankenstein; I forgot to mention that we watched the first half last night and will be watching the rest tonight.

I have to admit, I almost :bawl: when I saw Madeline Kahn and Peter Boyle...

I guess Marty Feldman has been gone too long for me to mourn... and wasn't as present as those mentioned above...

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Airgasm said:
:yeahthat:

Looking forward to the next installment. Word has it Keith Richards is going to make a cameo...
Saw a quick snippet from 3 when they find Jack. I'd like to find Jack. :drool:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
julz20684 said:

Is that the one with Kevin Bacon? If so, it isn't bad to watch.

Pulse...just rented it a week ago and it is just :twitch:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
julz20684 said:

It's creepy like Poltergeist creepy. Kevin Bacon goes through a mental trip too like Jacob's Ladder mental trip. :twitch: It's very slow and quiet too. The scene takes place in a town that you wouldn't want to live in and the people living there keep deep dark secrets. :shocking:

Did you see this >>Stir Of Echoes imdb