Good Movies To Rent?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
RoseRed said:
It is a campy movie. :lol:

I'm sure it is, like "Killer Tomatoes from Outer Space." :lmao: If I want campy, I'll watch "Rocky Horror Picture Show" again. :razz:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
I'm sure it is, like "Killer Tomatoes from Outer Space." :lmao: If I want campy, I'll watch "Rocky Horror Picture Show" again. :razz:
I loves that movie! :lmao:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
jwwb2000 said:
I like horror movies.

There has only been one movie that just disturbed like nothing else and it wasn't even a horror movie :ohwell:
What was the movie? :popcorn:

My favs are movies like Color Purple, The Wedding, Gone With The Wind, Imitation of Life and anything from back in the late 1800's to 1950's.

But, it's so hard to get in the mood to watch them because of the way they effect your emotions. Once I start I am so into it.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Anyone know the name of this old movie, a part of a series of movies. It's gotta be a Turner Classic Movie but I don't know the actors names and I googled details for about an hour with no such luck. I believe it started off black and white and then as the movies sequels kept coming on in was color. Maybe...

The details are as follows:

1) A family - husband and wife with a lot of children mostly daughters teenage and college age and smaller daughters and sons.

2) Husband is definitely not that active with his daughters but he talks to a couple of them about boys they are dating

3) Husband is like a scientist or something and he is very important goes on business trips.

4) Daughters go to a ball and dance up the night in pretty ball gowns.

5) Husband dies in a car accident I think, they had the older cars like the first rolls royces styled cars.

6) Husband was due to give a speech at this Men's Only club before he died where he was being honored for his works.

7) Wife gave the speech in husbands honor because it was such a good speech and the men's only club members were giving her a hard time for coming to the ceremony but then got past it.

8) Wife eventually took over husband's business or company and even began teaching men (also initially frowned upon) how to do the work for the company.

9) One or two of the older daughters grew up married and moved away or went to college. Most of the daughters were love struck with boys who felt the same way about them.

That's pretty much all I could remember. It was an excellent movie. I think the title has something to do with the father and the daughters. At least one of the sequels or the initial one did. TIA :flowers:

I rarely remember Silver Screen movie titles. :frown:

AndyMarquisLIVE

jwwb2000 said:
The new War of the Worlds with tom :jameo: cruise For some reason, that movie just disturbed me to no end.

I definently liked the original better. It was more true to the book. The new War of the Worlds was a theatrical special effects show.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Don't rent Haven... We impulse bought it - based on the the producers/creators and some cast members. I rarely stop movies midway. I think I opted for toilet cleaning over watching the rest of the movie.

So far, Haven and Edmund have sucked so much so that I wish they had a return policy for movies being SO BAD, you shouldn't be allowed to keep it.

Luckily, I think I only rented Edmund and only invested $5. :barf:

AndyMarquisLIVE said:
I definently liked the original better. It was more true to the book. The new War of the Worlds was a theatrical special effects show.
Oh yeah, the scene where they were on the boat and they Navy was fighting the machines was awesome! What special effects!

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
jwwb2000 said:
The new War of the Worlds with tom :jameo: cruise For some reason, that movie just disturbed me to no end.

Wow, I wouldn't thought that but I can definitely see it now that the possibility has been put out there. Isn't that the movie with Dakota Fanning? I always wonder what the effects of movies like that have on young actors. Every since the little girl from Poltergeist (Carolanne).

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
Girls night = cookie dough and The Notebook

Oh man, I've been there before. The cookie dough is pretty good! :yay: