Goodbye shopping center by wawa

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
There's a #### ton of traffic. So?

That there is. It's annoying. I work right there near Rt.4 & 235 intersection. It takes forever to get out of the parking lot, nevermind going to say Giant and getting back in the traffic. I try to go at lunch just so I don't have to deal with it after work. I've only gone to Aldi's once. Honestly, I forget it's there. I usually go to Food Lion in Leonardtown. I hate going home that way.

Restitution

That there is. It's annoying. I work right there near Rt.4 & 235 intersection. It takes forever to get out of the parking lot, nevermind going to say Giant and getting back in the traffic. I try to go at lunch just so I don't have to deal with it after work. I've only gone to Aldi's once. Honestly, I forget it's there. I usually go to Food Lion in Leonardtown. I hate going home that way.

Exactly! Navigating that traffic sucks! It would be nice to have access to a grocery store where you didn't have to cross over and deal with all of that. I would just like to know why there has never been one planned for on the northbound side.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
^ all why we try so hard to avoid that entire 235 corridor. It's not so bad on our side of the county, by comparison.

And why we have our fingers crossed that the Callaway Food Lion will remain open.

stgislander

PREMO Member
And not only does there need to be a supermarket on the northbound side of Rt235, but it has to be a Whole Foods!!! :elaine:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

It does suck at times, but I don't stress out about it. :shrug:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
It does suck at times, but I don't stress out about it. :shrug:

Yeah, it is what it is. The only problem with going at lunch is it usually takes my entire lunch just to run to Target and pick something up. Lots of people out and about at lunch. So, the traffic gets you coming or going. Unless of course you go to Walmart at 6 a.m. Co-worker says it's not that bad.

molly_21

And not only does there need to be a supermarket on the northbound side of Rt235, but it has to be a Whole Foods!!! :elaine:

I know you are stirring the pot, but you would think the amount of people on the board, plus, at least for me between work friends and outside of work friends, that state they want a Whole Food, Trader Joes, or at least a MOM's, you would think this area would get a clue. Including myself, I know a lot of people that are willing to make a day of it and go to Annapolis to go to Trader Joes and/or Whole Foods and bring a cooler. That could be money spent down here.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I know a lot of people that are willing to make a day of it and go to Annapolis to go to Trader Joes and/or Whole Foods and bring a cooler. That could be money spent down here.

I'm curious..what groceries are those that people like you travel up the road for? I've heard that a lot but I've never been to one of those stores.

molly_21

I'm curious..what groceries are those that people like you travel up the road for? I've heard that a lot but I've never been to one of those stores.

Whole Food to me has a lot of stuff I can't even find at MOM's (If you have been there). If you have been to MOM's, just think of a way better (and bigger) version of that. Granted most of it is spendy. But I have found that some items are a good deal. I have found grapes on sale there for cheaper (OK, granted if you take into account you have to drive to Annapolis, maybe not). They have a lot of prepared meals that are really good (veggie burgers, etc). Trader Joes has a lot of "cult" items (like Aldi's has items you can't seem to find anyplace else), just the Trader Joe brand. I do like their fig bars as an example. Even something as basic as dish soap I find to be very good compared to Dawn lets say.

steppinthrax

That is correct. Therefore, the officer waits until his speedometer as he follows you reaches "one" mph or more. Then he pulls you over.

That is a pretty good way of defining motion. I was waiting for someone to give a definition, then I would continually tear it down. A radar gun and a quantitative form of measurement. It's tight now!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Whole Food to me has a lot of stuff I can't even find at MOM's (If you have been there). If you have been to MOM's, just think of a way better (and bigger) version of that. Granted most of it is spendy. But I have found that some items are a good deal. I have found grapes on sale there for cheaper (OK, granted if you take into account you have to drive to Annapolis, maybe not). They have a lot of prepared meals that are really good (veggie burgers, etc). Trader Joes has a lot of "cult" items (like Aldi's has items you can't seem to find anyplace else), just the Trader Joe brand. I do like their fig bars as an example. Even something as basic as dish soap I find to be very good compared to Dawn lets say.

Never been to MOM's either.

From what you listed, I guess I see why we're fine with just the Food Lion. We buy nearly all of our meat from local farms, seafood from local watermen, and vegetables, fruit etc from local "farmers" markets...so what we need to get at the local grocery store is not a very long or exotic list by any means.

Will have to check out one of those other places one of these days...just to see for myself.

vince77

there are plenty of affluent areas that would like upscale grocery/retail stores. They can be very choosy. Southern Maryland is not an attractive option.