Greatest Drummer...?

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The whole "who is the greatest drummer, guitarist etc..." argument is shallow and immature.
There are many masters !

Larry Gude

Strung Out
"In less than a year, Neil Peart lost both his 19-year-old daughter, Selena, and his wife, Jackie. Faced with overwhelming sadness and isolated from the world in his home on the lake, Peart was left without direction. This memoir tells of the sense of loss and directionlessness that led him on a 55,000-mile journey by motorcycle across much of North America, down through Mexico to Belize, and back again. He had needed to get away, but had not really needed a destination. His travel adventures chronicle his personal odyssey and include stories of reuniting with friends and family, grieving, thinking, and reminiscing as he rode until he encountered the miracle that allowed him to find peace."

Amazon.com: Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road (9781550225488): Neil Peart: Books: Reviews, Prices & more

If you don't know the story, or of the book.

K, gotta read that.

LordStanley

I know nothing

These kids have more talent in thier left stick, than Tommy Lee ever had.

the only thing that made him famous was Pam Anderson.....

Ironman62

Animal!!

Attachments

• Animal-Drums.jpg
    Animal-Drums.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 23

MMDad

Lem Putt
If from a production called Blast. They recruit from DCI. Mostly the aged out players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blast!_(musical)

the video was from '06

Good stuff. This tread brought back my memories of my time in SCV and Blue Devils. People just don't understand what it takes to get that good - Practice every night and all weekend from March until June, then 12 hours a day every day (when not riding a bus) until mid August. But it is so worth it to be in front of a screaming crowd of 30,000!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
If from a production called Blast. They recruit from DCI. Mostly the aged out players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blast!_(musical)

the video was from '06

Very cool..

I was wondering because I know DCI "ages out" fairly young (22 I think?) and some in there looked a little older than 22.

Daughter played Mellophone in a Div III DCI corps, and dad got to volunteer to drive the bus for them for the Worlds and an East Coast tour on the way to the Worlds.

I was AMAZED at how hard these kids (daughter was 12 at the time) worked, but really enjoyed themselves. If they weren't playing/ marching, they were shining their instruments, getting their uniforms ready or sleeping on the bus enroute to the next show!

MMDad

Lem Putt
I was AMAZED at how hard these kids (daughter was 12 at the time) worked, but really enjoyed themselves. If they weren't playing/ marching, they were shining their instruments, getting their uniforms ready or sleeping on the bus enroute to the next show!

I started marching at 11, playing baritone. 8 lbs. doesn't sound like much, but hold it in front of your face all day.

Then I moved to something easier - contrabass, at only 20 lbs. :lol: