Growing Up in Southern Maryland

Huh? I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

One of the best movies ever made. (He hates these cans.) :lmao:

outlawrc

The old St. Mary's Hospital......then here in town...:lol:

I was born in St Mary's hospital in 1966, however it was St. Mary's hospital in Long Beach, Ca. funy how I started in a St. Mary's and nded up in a St. Mary's on the opposite side of the country.
I don't think they made the Chuck t's that small though.:howdy:
What is banlon?:whistle:

outlawrc

Huh? I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

Steve Martin:shrug:

JimW711

Driving the Z
grew up in PG also

The new phone books are here!!! The new phone books are here!!!
:roflmao:

I grew up in the Oxon Hill/Fort Washington area and graduated from Oxon Hill in 69. Oh how nice it was to lay on the grass at the Fort, listen to the 23 minute version of Get Ready by Rare Earth, and get buzzed on 16oz. Budweiser.

Ahhhhhh.. to my youth.... :cheers:

The new phone books are here!!! The new phone books are here!!!
:roflmao:

I grew up in the Oxon Hill/Fort Washington area and graduated from Oxon Hill in 69. Oh how nice it was to lay on the grass at the Fort, listen to the 23 minute version of Get Ready by Rare Earth, and get buzzed on 16oz. Budweiser.

Yup. The Fort was the place to go when you skipped. :buddies:

ImnoMensa

Yup. The Fort was the place to go when you skipped. :buddies:

I am a product of the 50's, We wore Engineer boots and Jeans rolled up. A shirt with the collar turned up. Elvis style. Girls wore 15 or 20 crenolines, and two-tone shoes, or penny loafers.

Went to Maggie Brent when it was a High School and had Blinks for the Principle.

Otter

Nothing to see here

DuVal, 71...Went to the zoo quite a bit and knew all the folks there, of course we had to share our Colt 45s. :lol:

BakeMyFish

Humorous Observations
Marlow Heights, which became Temple Hills for some unknown reason in the early to mid '80s.
I drove a cab in Marlow Heights when I was going to college. Loved Steak in a Sack.

Attachments

• P.jpg
    P.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 176
  • Marlow Giant.jpg
    Marlow Giant.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

MargeInCharge

I am a product of the 50's, We wore Engineer boots and Jeans rolled up. A shirt with the collar turned up. Elvis style. Girls wore 15 or 20 crenolines, and two-tone shoes, or penny loafers.

Went to Maggie Brent when it was a High School and had Blinks for the Principle.

My mother graduated from Margaret Brent in '60. I have my mom's highschool ring, with its big ole ruby in it. She told me she paid $16.50 for it, with her 25 cents per hour babysitting money :lol:

belvak

Happy Camper

:killingme

I grew up in the Oxon Hill/Fort Washington area and graduated from Oxon Hill in 69.

I grew up in the same area, but graduated from Friendly in 78. We used to hit the Fort too.

Marlow Heights, which became Temple Hills for some unknown reason in the early to mid '80s.

My parents never moved and we went from Camp Springs to Oxon Hill to Fort Washington. The last two changes were during my 18 years at home! :lmao:

Love me some Don Albertos steak subs. The best I've ever had.

Regina's and Oscar's!! :drool: Oh, and Port of Italy and Little Italy!

My Mom still has a picture on her wall that was taken in the trailer in the Marlow Heights Shopping Center of Me, my Brother, and Sister on Santa's lap. Think I was about 4. :lol: Great times and great memories!! After I got married, we lived in Heather Hill Apartments for a while and ended up in Morningside before moving down here.

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley
I also DID NOT grow up in Southern Maryland. I grew up in PG County and went to Surrattsville Junior/High School. I am proud to say I am from Cli'en. I am not going to tell anyone on this forum when I graduated or how old I am. I am still 29 for as long as I can hold on to it.

Last edited:

Bay_Kat

Tropical

I grew up in the same area, but graduated from Friendly in 78. We used to hit the Fort too.

My parents never moved and we went from Camp Springs to Oxon Hill to Fort Washington. The last two changes were during my 18 years at home! :lmao:

My Mom still has a picture on her wall that was taken in the trailer in the Marlow Heights Shopping Center of Me, my Brother, and Sister on Santa's lap. Think I was about 4. :lol: Great times and great memories!! After I got married, we lived in Heather Hill Apartments for a while and ended up in Morningside before moving down here.

My parents used to go to Giovani's. I can still remember the smell of that place. Playing pool and pin ball machines while they sat at the bar. :lmao:

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley

The old Regina's on Allentown Way not the newer one. Oscar's had the best fries!!! And you could get a pitcher of beer no matter how old you were!!!!

BakeMyFish

Humorous Observations
I also DID NOT grow up in Southern Maryland. I grew up in PG County and went to Surrattsville Jr and High School. I am proud to say I am from Cli'en. I am not going to tell anyone on this forum when I graduated or how old I am. I am still 29 for as long as I can hold on to it.

Surrattsville High was our biggest competition in Baseball. It was always Central and Surrattsville playing for the AB Championship.