Growing Up in Southern Maryland

Otter

Nothing to see here
I also DID NOT grow up in Southern Maryland. I grew up in PG County and went to Surrattsville Jr and High School. I am proud to say I am from Cli'en. I am not going to tell anyone on this forum when I graduated or how old I am. I am still 29 for as long as I can hold on to it.

I remember how cute you were as homecoming queen when I was in 2nd grade in 1960...:yay:

BakeMyFish

Humorous Observations
Whenever I get in the Marlow Heights area, I try to eat at Arthur Treacher's. there are only a couple left. That one is owned by Koreans.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Whenever I get in the Marlow Heights area, I try to eat at Arthur Treacher's. there are only a couple left. That one is owned by Koreans.

It's still there???:yikes: I used to love the chicken sandwich with the french dressing. I love the fish and chips, but something about that chicken sandwich.

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley
June Ree (sp) Karate - Nobody Bodders Me!! Nobody Bodders Me Eader!!!

The bowling alley in Marlow Heights!!!
The Red Barn????
Waxie Maxies in Iverson Mall
Spencer's in Iverson Mall that had the "secret" back room for the head shop.

BakeMyFish

Humorous Observations
Still there. The only one in MD. I always get the fish and chips. They have pieces of chicken, but I'm not sure about the sandwich.

T

toppick08

The Red Barn????

:killingme

JimW711

Driving the Z
Port of Italy

Port of Italy!!!!

LOL.... My brother was a Maryland State Trooper stationed out of Forestville and knew 2 of the 3 guys that owned that place. He'd get a poker game going a they would sometimes be there. One of those guys was a real trip. I can't remember his name, but he later broke away from the partnership and opened a restaurant on Central Avenue just inside the Beltway to try and get business from the Cap. Centre. Unfortunately, it failed.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.. the memories. Soon a time will come that I would remember my name.

:lmao:

BakeMyFish

Humorous Observations
I was a janitor at the Bowling Alley for a few days. It's still there. The Red Barn is closed. I worked at the one in Coral Hills. If you get some time to check out my Blog, I have posts on working at Red Barn and driving a cab in Marlow Heights. Kind of funny.

Bay_Kat

Tropical

The Red Barn????

The bowling alley in Marlow Heights holds very special memories for me and that's all I'll say about that. :lmao::hot:

I also DID NOT grow up in Southern Maryland. I grew up in PG County and went to Surrattsville Junior/High School. I am proud to say I am from Cli'en. I am not going to tell anyone on this forum when I graduated or how old I am. I am still 29 for as long as I can hold on to it.

OMG. I went to Surrattsville Junior/High. I lived just behind the Junior High School. I not 29, but I would like to be. :killingme

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley
I remember the Chinese Place in Coral Hills. It had a moose head with a bra hanging off of it. My bartender (I managed Tully's in Waldorf) worked there as a part-timer.

There was also a restaurant in Coral Hills that served everything family style?? I cant remember the name, but it was in an old house.

Michelle's night club????

The Yellow Submarine - made really good subs!!!!

Ames Department Store????

Woolco Depatment Store?????

Mamouth Mart in Waldorf???

Ponderosa on Allentown Road???

JimW711

Driving the Z
Soft ice cream??????

how about Hovermales off Rte. 210 right there by that dive bar Mac & Jim's? It used to be called Sunnybrook back in the blood & guts days. That place still serves the best soft ice cream cone, and the banana splits are off the hook.