Guess what Michelle has banned from lunch rooms now!!!

BOP

Or, high calorie non nutritious foods at State Dinners, fund raisers, and on vacation. I don't begrudge The First Lady as having a cause as all First Ladies have had, but she picked the wrong cause. She cannot defend it, set a good example, nor do Americans like to be dictated to, as in what they eat; also, considering her own children don't eat like that at Sidwell Friends or in the WH. Maybe, if she tried to set the rules for what food an EBT card can buy; that might be a different story. She should have picked a charitable cause to stand behind like helping the poor, helping children to read, helping veterans, helping the homeless, and on and on. She has caused much disdain with her cause, and a lot of food being thrown in the trash. Her cause is ridiculous and costly, and can't even be monitored as to how it is affecting the health of the children.

The cause itself isn't necessarily a bad one, but like most progressives (and politicians in general), she did not do any research, nor any studies, or consider any fallout or unintended consequences. Or, if she did, the results clearly supported the conclusion she'd already reached.

Typical of her political kind, she saw a problem, decided what the answer was, and moved to declare a solution, regardless of the impact to the people for whom this solution was supposed to "help."

Don't forget, for the FLOTUS and her political ilk (we haven't used "ilk" in a while), legislation is magical; the mere act solves all problems and they can feel good about themselves, no matter what the real world affect that legislation has on real people.

Last edited:

Hijinx

Apparently. It's affecting his spelling as well.

That's the new "Common Core" way of teaching spelling today.
Spell it like it sounds. Get used to it.

If it sounds like Doosh, spell it like Doosh .

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
Vraiblonde started this post and yet in another post she states.

" the only reason you Republicans care all of a sudden is because Michelle Obama is involved."

In yet another post.

"Yet all of a sudden it's become the school's responsibility to feed children; not only feed them, but feed them food that they will lick their plate over"

I am getting mixed messages here.

Not mixed messages at all. It makes perfect and logical sense if you're not a dummy. You should try thinking it through. Tall order I know, but at least give it the old middle school try.

BOP

Not mixed messages at all. It makes perfect and logical sense if you're not a dummy. You should try thinking it through. Tall order I know, but at least give it the old middle school try.

Oh, look! One of LB's other personalities! Clearly not the libertarian one, though. Enlighten us as to how it's the government-run school's responsibility to feed our children. What's next, do they take over clothing them as well? Why not? It seems as though the only thing they want parents to do is send money, and to abstain from all other involvement in a child's education.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Did I miss in the article where it said anything about Michelle Obama wanting them banned?

So you are saying that Vrai didn't even read the article either, after all, the title of the thread states "Guess what Michelle has banned from lunch rooms now".

Or are you saying Vrai is just trolling?

LibertyBeacon

Oh, look! One of LB's other personalities! Clearly not the libertarian one, though. Enlighten us as to how it's the government-run school's responsibility to feed our children. What's next, do they take over clothing them as well? Why not? It seems as though the only thing they want parents to do is send money, and to abstain from all other involvement in a child's education.

Projection noted, dumb ass.

You took the bait like an Ethiopian fish, silly pathetic little girl.

:lol:

Last edited:

LibertyBeacon

So you are saying that Vrai didn't even read the article either, after all, the title of the thread states "Guess what Michelle has banned from lunch rooms now".

Hey dummy. Can you highlight where in the article it actually said anything about Michelle wanting to ban anything. Does she actually have the power and authority to ban anything?

Sad part is, you vote don't you? And you probably wonder day after day how we ended up where we are, don't you?

:killingme

MarieB

Or are you saying Vrai is just trolling?

I'm saying that she probably knew that many people would run with it ;)

If you want to call that trolling, then that's up to you. I wouldn't call it trolling myself - more like smoking out the "suspects" lol