Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've had my own router for years.
Me too. I've got two of them, actually. They are verry nice
router.jpg

glhs837

Power with Control
So son noticed some lag, and we've had a few drops in service. Friday we had some drops, checks with the neighbors on either side confirm they both lost service and regained it at the exact same time we did. Since its a single feed down a dead end road, pretty easy to surmise that its on their end. But of course we'll have to have tech out for the annual "Trimming of the Coax Connectors" and "Your Firmware was Out of Date" lectures.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I decided to stop Breezeline TV. Have not anything on the set in well over a year save movies from our extensive library of VHS tapes and DVDs.
Will keep Internet and Voice.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Spent a few days in St Marys Hospital with my aunt, we watched a lot of WETA. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed those British shows.

Downloaded the app on my TV when I got a minute. We're enjoying it.

SamSpade

I decided to stop Breezeline TV. Have not anything on the set in well over a year save movies from our extensive library of VHS tapes and DVDs.
Will keep Internet and Voice.
So how much for just Internet and Voice? That's our main beef with using our own modem, is that getting one that does Voice (phone) is harder than it should be. And I've looked at AT&T costs for landline, and they are STILL NOT CHEAP.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
So how much for just Internet and Voice? That's our main beef with using our own modem, is that getting one that does Voice (phone) is harder than it should be. And I've looked at AT&T costs for landline, and they are STILL NOT CHEAP.
Have not called to find out, will be catching up on needful phone calls over the next few days.

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
I never did receive a bill for last month. They've changed their website around and my old login was invalid. I must have gotten lucky as my wait time on the phone was short to set up my new login. Funny how the payment confirmation showed up in my email just fine but the bill never did.

SamSpade

Ok, now I seriously hate these guys - my bill went up another 21 bucks + this month, and a deep dive into the discounts they've offered show most of them expire at the end of the summer - raising my bill another 100. This is ridiculous. Cable is now second only to THE MORTGAGE.

One of the raises was the damned modem rental. If I didn't use telephony, I could easily own a modem and deal with that - but to charge another 5 bucks to RENT A MODEM is absurd.

I hate these guys. If Comcast becomes available, I will jump ship even if they cost more, if only to get away from these em effers.

FED_UP

Ok, now I seriously hate these guys - my bill went up another 21 bucks + this month, and a deep dive into the discounts they've offered show most of them expire at the end of the summer - raising my bill another 100. This is ridiculous. Cable is now second only to THE MORTGAGE.

One of the raises was the damned modem rental. If I didn't use telephony, I could easily own a modem and deal with that - but to charge another 5 bucks to RENT A MODEM is absurd.

I hate these guys. If Comcast becomes available, I will jump ship even if they cost more, if only to get away from these em effers.
Comcast will get a lot of customers right away from down here.

OccamsRazor

DirecTV is following the same playbook. Increases about 2x per year. Always with the same excuse. "We are raising our prices to deliver you the best quality in TV entertainment and to provide the best technology available."
WHAT TECHNOLOGY??? I have had the same equipment for almost 10 YEARS!! I have also had the same channels for the same time period. What NEW channels or technology is out? Where is this money going??

SamSpade

DirecTV is following the same playbook. Increases about 2x per year. Always with the same excuse. "We are raising our prices to deliver you the best quality in TV entertainment and to provide the best technology available."
WHAT TECHNOLOGY??? I have had the same equipment for almost 10 YEARS!! I have also had the same channels for the same time period. What NEW channels or technology is out? Where is this money going??
Have you considered their streaming option? If you have, how does it compare to other streaming apps, like Fubo or YouTubeTV or Hulu+LiveTV?

SamSpade

Last I checked (a while ago) that option was not much better than the deal I have now.
We HAD DirecTV a long time ago - AND "Hughesnet", their satellite Internet option. For some reason, my part of St Mary's can be subject to high winds, and those dishes took a beating - TWICE, one was blown off the roof, and that wasn't hurricanes. When one did - it left a permanent hole, which I thankfully repaired one WEEK before we DID get a hurricane. I will NEVER - never install a satellite on a roof again - at least, not secure to the roof itself.

When my wife had had enough of their spotty performance, terrible customer service and their atrocious Internet offering - we went to - what was it then, Metrocast? Whatever it was 20 plus years ago.

I am just - sickened - at the shoddy performance - the regular Internet drops during my work day at home - the Internet phone failures - and the inexplicable increases that do not result in better service. If not for the need for telephony - cell service is awful at my home - I'd have bought my own modem, because modems WITH that feature are hard to come by. BUT they decided to nearly DOUBLE the "rental" of the modem - a machine I am sure has been "paid for" many times over - and they have the brass to INCREASE my "rent".

Sick of it.

OccamsRazor

I am just - sickened - at the shoddy performance - the regular Internet drops during my work day at home - the Internet phone failures - and the inexplicable increases that do not result in better service. If not for the need for telephony - cell service is awful at my home - I'd have bought my own modem, because modems WITH that feature are hard to come by. BUT they decided to nearly DOUBLE the "rental" of the modem - a machine I am sure has been "paid for" many times over - and they have the brass to INCREASE my "rent".

Sick of it.
I have been using Breez for internet for quite a few years now and this is what I had to do.
MY service was horrible and would go down quite often. Multiple calls to have techs come out and get it to work just enough to last about a week or so. Finally, I bought a VERY good modem/router and installed it. Worked OK but was still laggy. I was lucky enough to get a competent (key word here) technician to come out and troubleshoot the issue. Turned out that the entire run of cable that provided service to my area of the neighborhood was completely wrong and bad. Took the tech 6 hours to get everything straight and repaired. Even after that, they had to send out a truck the next day to make repairs down the line to totally fix everything. Since then, I have had excellent broadband service.
The key was getting a competent tech who knew what they were doing to get fixed.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I have been using Breez for internet for quite a few years now and this is what I had to do.
MY service was horrible and would go down quite often. Multiple calls to have techs come out and get it to work just enough to last about a week or so. Finally, I bought a VERY good modem/router and installed it. Worked OK but was still laggy. I was lucky enough to get a competent (key word here) technician to come out and troubleshoot the issue. Turned out that the entire run of cable that provided service to my area of the neighborhood was completely wrong and bad. Took the tech 6 hours to get everything straight and repaired. Even after that, they had to send out a truck the next day to make repairs down the line to totally fix everything. Since then, I have had excellent broadband service.
The key was getting a competent tech who knew what they were doing to get fixed.
The "Level 1" techs are contractors (not from this area and English likely a second language) who know enough to plug their meter in, take a signal drop measurement, and replace all the connectors at your house. You only get a Breezeline employee "Level 2" technician if the contractors cannot figure out what's going on.

SamSpade

ONE of the reasons we keep Breezeline - for the TV service - is TiVo, which as I understand it is once again in limbo - out of business, and if I need new equipment to replace the old, good luck with that. I freakin' love TiVo - almost every other week, I find a feature I didn't know about and make use of it.

UNLIKE my kids - who are totally good with streaming whatever at whatever time - AND - the fact we do in fact, record all of our shows and never watch anything live except sports and news - just can't "break" from the concept of broadcast channels. That - if I am bored - I can select a channel and have something beaming into my family room without all the clicking and everything. Just like changing a channel back in the old days.

My kids, once they got their own TVs - they just stream whatever. My older girl watches podcasts - my son watches whatever, or he asks Alexa to play something for him. I just wanna sit, with my remote, and pick a channel.

Reactions: TPD