Help... I'm starting Keto

seekeroftruth

Is anyone out there doing the Keto diet? If so, how are you making out with it.

My wife has been considering it (along with a couple other diets) for a while because of her diabetes, but could never pull the trigger. I finally did today. (You know what they say. Either sh!t or get off the pot.) To make it easier on her, I am going to do it as well. We packed up every unopened packaged "card" to take to the food pantry. Everything else went into the trash.

Giving up breads and pastas is going to be very tough. But according to what I read, I guess I will also be giving up things like potatoes, beans, pumpkin/squash and other starchy vegetables. My wife says that includes beer, but I can drink distilled spirits.

The things we do for our loved ones.
My daughter does KETO.... her husband cooks for her...

She has been on the diet for a couple years. She uses carb blockers when she has dinner at my house. I don't cook KETO but she loves my cooking.

My son in law says shopping for KETO is easier now... but be careful... don't believe everything you read.... Oh... and stock up on celery... my daughter consumes celery like it's candy now! lol.

Good luck...

:coffee:

stgislander

PREMO Member
My daughter does KETO.... her husband cooks for her...

She has been on the diet for a couple years. She uses carb blockers when she has dinner at my house. I don't cook KETO but she loves my cooking.

My son in law says shopping for KETO is easier now... but be careful... don't believe everything you read.... Oh... and stock up on celery... my daughter consumes celery like it's candy now! lol.

Good luck...

:coffee:
Went grocery shopping for the first time last Friday since going on the diet. We were in the store for 3 hours reading labels. Ugh... but now we have an idea what we are looking for.

Definitely celery just because there's not much you can snack on. (I've read a couple places that pork rinds are KETO-friendly.) LOTS of salad too. The downside is there are so many vegetables and fruits that are off limits. Come this summer, not having sweet corn is going to kill us.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Went grocery shopping for the first time last Friday since going on the diet. We were in the store for 3 hours reading labels. Ugh... but now we have an idea what we are looking for.

Definitely celery just because there's not much you can snack on. (I've read a couple places that pork rinds are KETO-friendly.) LOTS of salad too. The downside is there are so many vegetables and fruits that are off limits. Come this summer, not having sweet corn is going to kill us.
Shew. I've read enough. I'm sticking to my regular diet.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

And it’s so good for the digestion.

IMG_0498.jpeg

PeoplesElbow

One doesn't eat corn.....

Clem72

I started semi-keto (carbs okay with dinner) in solidarity with you. We'll see how long it lasts, but 5-6 lbs in 4 days.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I started semi-keto (carbs okay with dinner) in solidarity with you. We'll see how long it lasts, but 5-6 lbs in 4 days.
5-6 lbs in 4 days... impressive. Just be aware that some of that may be water weight.

I'm going to break my diet tomorrow. My wife wants a good doughnut for her birthday so we are going to stop at the new doughnut place in Leonardtown after church. Then I'm right back on the horse again.

Clem72

5-6 lbs in 4 days... impressive. Just be aware that some of that may be water weight.

I'm going to break my diet tomorrow. My wife wants a good doughnut for her birthday so we are going to stop at the new doughnut place in Leonardtown after church. Then I'm right back on the horse again.
WHAT NEW DOUGHNUT PLACE?

WheezyCarl

Tried Keto, the fat from the red meat threw my gallbladder into overdrive (on it's way out anyway, just gave it a nudge). Had it removed, ended up with a stent in the bile duct because that also clogged and backed up into my liver (8 days hospitalized-ugh). So... I now eat a LOW carb diet, lean meats most of the time, veggies, indulge occasionally, treadmill here and there. I've lost 18lbs. since the beginning of the year. Everything in moderation.

mitzi

Just don't park in front of my driveway :killingme

curly-locks

started in 2020... still doing low carb weight loss @ 68 lbs .. within 2 years . You can remake a lot of the goodies like baking with almond flour and sugar substitutes , making pizza with carb control wraps ... visit wendy's and throw away the bun on the hamburger ...