####hole

SamSpade

Just curious -

Are ANY nations sh*tholes, or all they all equally idyllic and beautiful?

Just askin'.

This_person

All these immigrants: "My country is not a #### hole!"

Great! Then take your ass right on back to it.

^^This^^

I am happy to let immigrants in from anywhere, legally, under a merit system. But, there are expectations (see previous Theodore Roosevelt comment on immigrants and assimilation). At least one of those expectations is to leave your allegiance to your previous homeland and take up a firm allegiance to your chosen homeland.

If these other countries are great - STAY THERE! If they're good but ours is better, HE WASN'T TALKING ABOUT YOUR HOMELAND!!

If Trump had said this on a podium, or during the televised discussion, I would agree in concept with those people who are decrying his lack of diplo-speak on immigration. This was not. This was in a private meeting with people, and in response to rejecting his call for merit immigration and maintaining some kind of lottery with ####hole countries being priority. If you can't handle a frank and common-language discussion on policy principles, why the #### are you in the room with him doing so?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Hatti.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Well, exactly. If they weren't #### holes, the citizens wouldn't be leaving them. Duh.

The mindless sheeple are just gasping and fainting because the progpress told them to. Shine just a pinch of logic on the comment and it becomes a simple statement of fact. Not that I expect the roused rabble to use logic, but they could at least make an attempt at independent thought instead of screaming "RACIST!" at everything and considering that a discussion point.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Some guy on Tucker last night was raving about how it's "racist" to point out that so many non-white countries are #### holes.

I'd think a more productive discussion would start with the question of *why* these places are #### holes. You either want to identify the problem and try to come up with valid solutions, or you want to run around screaming "RACIST!!!" like a dumbass. And until you can actually verbalize the problem, you cannot explore solutions.

So Trump's next move should be, "Great! If Haiti and all these #### holes are so fabulous, immigrants shouldn't mind being deported back there."

Chris0nllyn

This whole thread is very sad and disappointing.

It really is. I can understand that some people say these things. I've called a number of our own cities ####holes, because they are. I wouldn't, however, call places ####holes in a work meeting surrounded by people I've publically lambasted on my Twitter account for releasing things I've said to the media. As in most cases in all of our daily lives, we hold back how we may feel in a certain situation for a bit of decorum and decency for those people surrounding me.

Sadly, recognizing someone may have ####ed up isn't possible if it's a member of your own party.

I mean, at some point, Trump should have known that he has to walk on eggshells. He's got to know that what he says is going to be under a microscope and it's one thing to disagree with what he says on a factual level relating to laws, the role of govt, etc., but it's another to disagree solely based on the stupid #### he says. He's not playing the long game here in order to remain President. He's allowed this high of winning the election get in the way of effective governing.