How a real President deals with a foreign invasion

Hijinx

No...a REAL president would be working to solve the REAL problem...not just spouting off campaign rhetoric aimed at an uneducated and ignorant "base".

4,000 illegals INVADING the United States IS the real problem you poor pathetic excuse for an American.

Chris0nllyn

Dingleberries like Hogan pulled them away, and now Trump cannot depend on them.

There's only a few thousand troops down there. Certainly other states have the resources, so I'm not sure what you mean.

What has the NG done down there?

Hijinx

There's only a few thousand troops down there. Certainly other states have the resources, so I'm not sure what you mean.

What has the NG done down there?

Who the hell knows?
I suppose a few ride along with border patrol agents and other are just there as monitors.
I would bet there isn't a live bullet amongst them.

I believe they are there as eye wash., But that wasn't the point of my saying Hogan pulled them out.
Hogan pulled them out as an affront to the President, and that is what pissed me off.

IMO the National Guard should have never been used. The Military should have been there to start with.
Using the National Guard means that people who have jobs and responsibilities at home are taken from those jobs and their careers are impinged on.
The National guard is for local emergencies and as Cannon Fodder in war until the regular military can be built up.
Not to be walking along the border looking for illegals who know more about where the guard is than the guard knows about where they are.

Chris0nllyn

Who the hell knows?
I suppose a few ride along with border patrol agents and other are just there as monitors.

I believe they are there as eye wash., But that wasn't the point of my saying Hogan pulled them out.
Hogan pulled them out as an affront to the President, and that is what pissed me off.

IMO the National Guard should have never been used. The Military should have been there to start with.
Using the National Guard means that people who have jobs and responsibilities at home are taken from those jobs and their careers are impinged on.
The National guard is for local emergencies and as Cannon Fodder in war until the regular military can be built up.
Not to be walking along the border looking for illegals who know more about where the guard is than the guard knows about where they are.

What is it you think the military can do relating to border security that the NG can't?

Hijinx

What is it you think the military can do relating to border security that the NG can't?

Well with this 4,000 dipsticks that someone in America is financing and that someone gathered up and encouraged they can forcefully stop them from entering.It is the responsibility of our professional military to prevent an invasion--armed or unarmed--of this country.

Ya know 4,000 people in South America do not just decide one day to just start marching toward the United States border.
Someone is behind this.
That someone or group should be found and stopped. With Prejudice.

Chris0nllyn

Well with this 4,000 dipsticks that someone in America is financing and that someone gathered up and encouraged they can forcefully stop them from entering.

Ya know 4,000 people in South America do not just decide one day to just start marching toward the United States border.
Someone is behind this.
That someone or group should be found and stopped. With Prejudice.

Okay, but legally, what do you think the military can do? You do understand that legally, they can't actually stop anyone. They can't arrest or detain anyone, nor can they "forcibly stop" anyone. They can do the same thing the NG is doing, double up roles of border patrol and fly helicopters aned generally provide logistic support.

This has been the case since 1878 when the Posse Comitatus Act was enacted.

It sounds good for Trump to say all this, but realistically, the NG has been a waste of time.
Despite Trump administration and National Guard claims of success with troop deployments to the U.S.-Mexico border, the head of the national Border Patrol union said the agents have “seen no benefit” and calls the deployments a “colossal waste of time.”
Army Lt. Col. Jamie Davis, a Pentagon spokesman, told the Times that an estimated 1,600 troops were deployed and 750 more may be added. The total could reach as many as 4,000.

The deployment is estimated to eventually cost as much as $220 million to $252 million by the end of this year, said Christopher Sherwood, another Pentagon spokesman. Those costs cover pay and support for 3,143 troops and 12,000 flying hours.
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...al-guard-deployment-a-colossal-waste-of-time/

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Are the NG still there? As I noted in an earlier post, their initial deployment last spring was only funded/authorized through end of September. I've not been able to find anything on line that provides much info after the May timeframe.

Hijinx

Okay, but legally, what do you think the military can do? You do understand that legally, they can't actually stop anyone. They can't arrest or detain anyone, nor can they "forcibly stop" anyone. They can do the same thing the NG is doing, double up roles of border patrol and fly helicopters aned generally provide logistic support.

This has been the case since 1878 when the Posse Comitatus Act was enacted.

It sounds good for Trump to say all this, but realistically, the NG has been a waste of time.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...al-guard-deployment-a-colossal-waste-of-time/

Build the phucking wall. Build it.

Maybe some Americans want illegals electing and sitting in our Government, but I don't
If we keep allowing these people to come here eventually we will be Venezuala.
We will be Mexico.

The Got damned stupid democrats think they can use these people to get elected, but they are too damned stupid to see that eventually they will not elect Democrats , they will elect Mexicans and South Americans.

How phucking stupid can you be not to see that.?

stgislander

PREMO Member
Chris0nllyn;5934690This has been the case since 1878 when the Posse Comitatus Act was enacted.[/QUOTE said:
I would suggest that Posse Comitatus does not come into play regarding securing the National boarder. Federal troops been used to secure the "frontier" that since the founding, including after 1878. If there was any justification for a standing Army, it would be for boarder security.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

On the news last night they showed people climbing over a 14 ft. border fence. This proposes a problem for border patrol because, well, you get hurt and break things when making a 14 ft drop on the other side. One woman threw her 5 month old baby over the fence and, as you can imagine, it was seriously injured.

If it were me, I'd set up sentries and order them shoot to kill.

The problem is that previous administrations were busy meddling in other countries' affairs instead of protecting our own country like they're supposed to. So now we have this mess, and we have dumb people who want to bitch and cry when Trump actually does something a President is responsible for. The wall I'd build would be composed of armed military personnel.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
On the news last night they showed people climbing over a 14 ft. border fence. This proposes a problem for border patrol because, well, you get hurt and break things when making a 14 ft drop on the other side.

That's where the spikes and landmines should be.

Chris0nllyn

Are the NG still there? As I noted in an earlier post, their initial deployment last spring was only funded/authorized through end of September. I've not been able to find anything on line that provides much info after the May timeframe.

National Guard personnel are authorized to remain on the U.S.-Mexico border for another year, the Defense Department confirmed Friday.

The authorization allows for up to 4,000 soldiers to serve with U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents through Sept. 30, 2019 — or the next fiscal year, said Army Lt. Col. Jamie Davis, a Defense Department spokesman.
https://www.stripes.com/news/us/national-guard-troops-to-stay-on-border-for-another-year-1.545308

Maybe some Americans want illegals electing and sitting in our Government, but I don't
If we keep allowing these people to come here eventually we will be Venezuala.
We will be Mexico.

The Got damned stupid democrats think they can use these people to get elected, but they are too damned stupid to see that eventually they will not elect Democrats , they will elect Mexicans and South Americans.

How phucking stupid can you be not to see that.?

You, the other day, stated that the government is essentially a bottomless pit and you want them to build a 2,000 mile wall? And you think that'll get done for free? We will not be those countries unless you let it. There are a number of reasons why that's fear mongering and nothing else.

I would suggest that Posse Comitatus does not come into play regarding securing the National boarder. Federal troops been used to secure the "frontier" that since the founding, including after 1878. If there was any justification for a standing Army, it would be for boarder security.

Posse doesn't allow them to perform civilian law enforcement.

If Trump were smart, he'd send the Coast Guard, which aren't subject to the Act. Instead, he says things like this knowing full-well it can't amount to anything meaingful besides his voter base thinking he actually did something.

The problem is that previous administrations were busy meddling in other countries' affairs instead of protecting our own country like they're supposed to.

And this one is not?

black dog

Free America
Who the hell knows?

If thats the case, one shouldn't enlist and get that weekend and summer money and benefits. Enlisting comes with the obligation of being deployed at any time.