How a real President deals with a foreign invasion

Chris0nllyn

My bad.

I wasnt' aware you had the ability to recall troops stateside.

I don't, but I do have the ability to "want" bring the troops home (which is what you said).

As I said, sorry for the confusion.

The problem is that previous administrations were busy meddling in other countries' affairs instead of protecting our own country like they're supposed to.

And this one is not?

Donald Trump is not the one screaming that he needs to go to war with Saudi Arabia over a dead reporter.

Donald Trump is not the one holding up border wall funding.

I'm not even sure why you'd say something like that.

He's also one that has repeatedly stated he wants to pull military out of all these ####holes others have sent them and bring them home.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Donald Trump is not the one screaming that he needs to go to war with Saudi Arabia over a dead reporter.

Donald Trump is not the one holding up border wall funding.

I'm not even sure why you'd say something like that.

He's also one that has repeatedly stated he wants to pull military out of all these ####holes others have sent them and bring them home.

Indeed; he's stated that numerous times.

And Democrats are the ones screaming about how we'll all DIE!!! if he brings our troops home.

:shrug:

black dog

Free America
Without deep diving I'd don't see anything in the Wiki piece that that fits this particular scenario. But as I said before, I do not believe there is any law stopping a President from sending Federal troops to secure the National border.

2006 Edit
On September 30, 2006, the Congress modified the Insurrection Act as part of the 2007 Defense Authorization Bill (repealed as of 2008). Section 1076 of the law changed Sec. 333 of the "Insurrection Act," and widened the President's ability to deploy troops within the United States to enforce the laws. Under this act, the President may also deploy troops as a police force during a natural disaster, epidemic, serious public health emergency, terrorist attack, or other condition, when the President determines that the authorities of the state are incapable of maintaining public order. The bill also modified Sec. 334 of the Insurrection Act, giving the President authority to order the dispersal of either insurgents or "those obstructing the enforcement of the laws." The law changed the name of the chapter from "Insurrection" to "Enforcement of the Laws to Restore Public Order."

Chris0nllyn

2006 Edit
On September 30, 2006, the Congress modified the Insurrection Act as part of the 2007 Defense Authorization Bill (repealed as of 2008). Section 1076 of the law changed Sec. 333 of the "Insurrection Act," and widened the President's ability to deploy troops within the United States to enforce the laws. Under this act, the President may also deploy troops as a police force during a natural disaster, epidemic, serious public health emergency, terrorist attack, or other condition, when the President determines that the authorities of the state are incapable of maintaining public order. The bill also modified Sec. 334 of the Insurrection Act, giving the President authority to order the dispersal of either insurgents or "those obstructing the enforcement of the laws." The law changed the name of the chapter from "Insurrection" to "Enforcement of the Laws to Restore Public Order."

The most important part of that you forgot to highlight, so I did.

Hijinx

I said the same thing. Coupled with the vague "he", there was confusion.

You seriously are not comparing a multi billion border wall to sound walls aruond the beltway, are you/

Fair enough.

A wall is a wall. All it needs is razor wire broken glass and guard towers

What do you think these walls all over are costing.?

Hijinx

No one can tell me that if an armed invasion force attacked on our border the President could not send professional troop, the regular Army, the Marines, and any others to stop it. Posse Comitatus or not.

The people are an invasion force. No more, no less. Perhaps they aren't armed--perhaps some of them are.
It doesn't really matter they are a force that has every intention of illegally entering our country.
Its a smart way to invade, the Muslims are doing it too.
They can get weapons after they arrive if they want to, and obviously in the case of MS13 many of them have.

They have rallies and marches where they wave their own flag. Not ours. If they wanted to be Americans they would wave ours, but they don't.
They would learn to speak English, but they don't.
They would get on the list to become Americans, but they don't.

We took California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas from the Mexicans, and many of them want these states back.
Pretty soon we will give them the whole country if we keep allowing these invasions.