I’m Cheating on My Deployed Boyfriend

Vince

Dear Cheatums:

Since yr apparently a reasonably skilled liar, why mess up a good thing now? Who knows?...you might find out bf #2 is a bipolar axe-murderer..or even worse, is nhboy. Best to keep your options open.

Yr welcome. :coffee:
:killingme

This woman is an incompassionate idiot. And since the new "boyfriend" assisted in the cheating while her boyfriend was DEPLOYED, he will probably cheat on her as well because he lacks moral integrity.

"If they do it with you, they'll do it to you." I know it is not true in ALL cases... but :ohwell:

Stupid cheating whore. :coffee: I hope she chokes on a condom.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I was cheated on while on deployment. As bad as it was I am actually glad she didn't spring it on me until I was back home. Who needs that stress while you are thousands of miles away and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it but sit and stew?

100% agree. As crappy as this chick is...I hope she has enough love for this guy that she waits until he is back on U.S soil. He can loose focus on mission thinking about her dumbass cheating ways. I hope this new guy cheats on her. What comes around, goes around.

I agree that she should wait to tell him. I have watched someone I care for very deeply go through something similar and have seen what it can do to their head.

A friend of mine from my early 20's is on his 3rd round in the middle east. Haven't seen him since I was pregnant with #1, so probably around 11 years. He's in the Army and once he moved away from the area we haven't seen each other. We've maintained casual contact via email throughout the years. Early last summer biatch ass wife decides that she can't take it and leaves him while he's in Iraq. He's got a very loving and supportive family and a healthy amount of friends but that doesn't replace the intimate relationship you have with a significant other. Our conversations went from very friendly to him looking to me to fill that void. He's a strong smart guy but it's hard going from being in an awful place being with someone to all the sudden being in a miserable situation and feeling alone. He's making all kinda of plans about us "being together" when he gets home. I haven't seen him in over 10 years, he'll be at Ft. Bragg and then FL, and it's just not his personality to be so flighty. He's hurt and alone and looking to fill the void. I believe if she'd had the decency to wait he wouldn't be wrapping his head around something so unrealistic with me. The moral of the story is the whore in the OP should definitely wait till he comes back, no matter how strong someone is they're already in a jacked up situation and they shouldn't have to be preoccupied with a crappy personal life when they're already physically and emotionally drained.

Last edited:

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
I agree that she should wait to tell him. I have watched someone I care for very deeply go through something similar and have seen what it can do to their head.

A friend of mine from my early 20's is on his 3rd round in the middle east. Haven't seen him since I was pregnant with #1, so probably around 11 years. He's in the Army and once he moved away from the area we haven't seen each other. We've maintained casual contact via email throughout the years. Early last summer biatch ass wife decides that she can't take it and leaves him while he's in Iraq. He's got a very loving and supportive family and a healthy amount of friends but that doesn't replace the intimate relationship you have with a significant other. Our conversations went from very friendly to him looking to me to fill that void. He's a strong smart guy but it's hard going from being in an awful place being with someone to all the sudden being in a miserable situation and feeling alone. He's making all kinda of plans about us "being together" when he gets home. I haven't seen him in over 10 years, he'll be at Ft. Bragg and then FL, and it's just not his personality to be so flighty. He's hurt and alone and looking to fill the void. I believe if she'd had the decency to wait he wouldn't be wrapping his head around something so unrealistic with me. The moral of the story is the whore in the OP should definitely wait till he comes back, no matter how strong someone is they're already in a jacked up situation and they shouldn't have to be preoccupied with a crappy personal life when they're already physically and emotionally drained.

So your friend is trying to have you fill that SO role for him. From what you wrote it sounds like you are not interested in him that way. Did you tell him this from the start once you noticed his attempt to fill that void with you? Or are you just trying to be there for him now and will tell him when he completes his current tour?

It sounds like a very delicate situation. It's not fair to you or him. And in the end he loses either way. :ohwell: I agree that his ex-wife is a biotch for putting him threw this.

SoMDGirl42

Everything I was going to say about the girlfriend has already been said. My ex was deployed, ALOT. I never once cheated.

But, don't think those on deployment aren't doing the same to the loved ones waiting for them at home. Happens all the time. Difference is, they're over there knocking boots and come home to loving husbands and wives and pretend like nothing happened. I saw it many times. Everyone else knew who they were banging except for their spouse. Worse case was friend of mine. She found out shortly before deployment that she was pregnant. Went throught the entire pregnancy alone and delivered the baby 3 weeks before he came home. When he got home, he informed her that he had fallen in love with a woman that was on deployment with him and he was going home with her. He never even went to see his newborn baby girl. Left her high and dry.

Humans are shiaty. Stick with pets, they love unconditionally :lol:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Some of you are rather harsh on this girl. She is only a girlfriend. If this was some sort of serious relationship – she’d be his fiancée or a wife – but she is just a girlfriend.

If she sucks at being separated for periods of time now as a girlfriend, she is not going to do well as a wife or mother with children while he is away. She needs to do him a favor – cut him free and move on.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
So your friend is trying to have you fill that SO role for him. From what you wrote it sounds like you are not interested in him that way. Did you tell him this from the start once you noticed his attempt to fill that void with you? Or are you just trying to be there for him now and will tell him when he completes his current tour?

It sounds like a very delicate situation. It's not fair to you or him. And in the end he loses either way. :ohwell: I agree that his ex-wife is a biotch for putting him threw this.

At first I laughed it off. When I realized that he was totally serious (sending flowers and other stuff to the house fairly regularly) I addressed the issue very honestly; I adore him but don't have any unrealistic expectations on where things are headed and he shouldn't either. Prince Charming hasn't landed in my lap in my 32 years so I doubt it will happen in the next 2 months. If I do end up involved with someone the person I'm with will KNOW up front before I commit that I plan on being in NC when he comes home in May. There's not much in this world that will stop me from that.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Some of you are rather harsh on this girl. She is only a girlfriend. If this was some sort of serious relationship – she’d be his fiancée or a wife – but she is just a girlfriend.

If she sucks at being separated for periods of time now as a girlfriend, she is not going to do well as a wife or mother with children while he is away. She needs to do him a favor – cut him free and move on.

She said they had been together for 3 years, I'd say that's pretty serious.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
When we would return from regular 80, 90, 100 day deployments with very little to no contact with family, we always knew who came home to an empty house or divorce papers on the table. Out of 160 of us maybe 75 were married...of those 75, 20 would have to stay on the boat for duty....of that 55 that went home, there would always be 2-3 guys that came back to the boat, head down on a table on the mess decks, and you just knew.....you just knew. And you waited. Because when we found that SOB, especially if he was military also, we beat. His. Ass.

That is so sad. Not entirely surprising, unfortunately, but you really give those of us who aren't military a clear picture of all the sacrifices they make for us. I can't imagine leaving a spouse in such a cold hearted manner. Disgusting, really, and so disrespectful. And the cheating.......nothing trashier, imo.

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
At first I laughed it off. When I realized that he was totally serious (sending flowers and other stuff to the house fairly regularly) I addressed the issue very honestly; I adore him but don't have any unrealistic expectations on where things are headed and he shouldn't either. Prince Charming hasn't landed in my lap in my 32 years so I doubt it will happen in the next 2 months. If I do end up involved with someone the person I'm with will KNOW up front before I commit that I plan on being in NC when he comes home in May. There's not much in this world that will stop me from that.

:yay:
I'm glad to hear that you are being honest with him and aren't giving him mixed signals.

True friendship. Tells a LOT about a person's character. He's blessed to have you as a good friend to lean on.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
:yay:
I'm glad to hear that you are being honest with him and aren't giving him mixed signals.

True friendship. Tells a LOT about a person's character. He's blessed to have you as a good friend to lean on.

We'll see what happens when he gets back. That's the best I can do. Great guy and I adore him but it's a logistical nightmare. Maybe I've grown up enough to not be super flighty and just run off with him. :lol: I am his friend above all else.

nutz

When we would return from regular 80, 90, 100 day deployments with very little to no contact with family, we always knew who came home to an empty house or divorce papers on the table. Out of 160 of us maybe 75 were married...of those 75, 20 would have to stay on the boat for duty....of that 55 that went home, there would always be 2-3 guys that came back to the boat, head down on a table on the mess decks, and you just knew.....you just knew. And you waited. Because when we found that SOB, especially if he was military also, we beat. His. Ass.

Stupidest mentality ever. Why would you beat his ass when SHE was the one that cheated?? :doh: Unless she was raped, she's the one that gave the go ahead.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
Stupidest mentality ever. Why would you beat his ass when SHE was the one that cheated?? :doh: Unless she was raped, she's the one that gave the go ahead.

They both deserve an ass beating. The one cheating is the bigger of two aholes. But when you know someone is already in a relationship and bang the slut anyway, you're an ahole too.

Mabus

Free Rent

At that particular base it's not too difficult to tell who's married and who's not. It's a small community. The guys, especially the ones on other boats/crews, are smart enough to figure out that there are no single girls in housing....nor are there single unemployed girls who can afford a 1br apartment with large flatscreen TV and a king size bed.

We branded the girls for what they were. They either stuck around that area and got married 2-3 more times or went back to where they came from out of shame.

The guys got what they deserved, especially if they were one of our own. The local police and boat captains never faulted us for taking care of business. You just don't do that #### to one of your brothers.

It never happened to me as I saw this my very first deployment and swore I'd never give a girl the chance. It did happen at least once to a guy in my division. I'll never forget that evening. For us to count down the days coming home, halfway night, familygrams, single digit days...the best 4 words you can hear after 90 days away from the smell of a woman is STATION THE MANEUVERING WATCH...and all you talked about the past 5 weeks is banging your old lady for 24 hours straight...you get home and got this big WTF and you don't want to be there, you can't...depressing, so you go to the most depressed place you can be, back to the boat, because the guys there understood. Some have lived it. Others will next deployment, and they'll know where to go when it does.

Damn, those were days I'll never forget.

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
They both deserve an ass beating. The one cheating is the bigger of two aholes. But when you know someone is already in a relationship and bang the slut anyway, you're an ahole too.

I agree. But there could be more to the story that we don't know. It is possible that she didn't tell the other guy that she had a bf stationed overseas until after they had sex. Slut: "Oh BTW, I didn't tell you (cuz I wanted to find out how good you were), I have a bf in AFG but I'm dumping him for you cuz you're better in the sack and he's not here to give it to me and you are...blah blah blah" Or maybe it was a 1-night stand and she's a nutjob that has now "fallen" for this hook-up and she's stalking a guy that just wants her for a bootycall. Or maybe she did tell him before and he's an A-hole that was just lookin to get some action with a lonely, horny chick. Or (the list goes on...) In every case she shouldn't have done it without breakin up first.