I’m Cheating on My Deployed Boyfriend

BOP

They both deserve an ass beating. The one cheating is the bigger of two aholes. But when you know someone is already in a relationship and bang the slut anyway, you're an ahole too.

I don't know about men, but women almost never mention another relationship.

Toxick

Splat
Some of you are rather harsh on this girl. She is only a girlfriend. If this was some sort of serious relationship – she’d be his fiancée or a wife – but she is just a girlfriend.

This is a good point, and I'd like to elaborate on my earlier post where I referred to her as an ignorant whore.

Most of my ire toward this flea-ridden #### has little to do with the actual cheating, although that's kind of sickening in its own right. Girlfriend or not, she wrote her story speaking as if they were in - at the least - a quasi-committed relationship, even if there were no vows spoken or whatever.

She then goes on to say that she pretty much fell over with her legs in the air the first time some dude waggles his pickle at her. Ok, whatever. We all have our vices, I'm not so much judging her for that, although I disapprove of her technique.

But what twists my nipples is that she writes something like, "Oh, I'm so against cheating".

##### please. That's not only an insult to the guy who thinks you're his faithful girlfriend, but an insult to the intelligence of anyone who reads her sob story. Go sing that happy horse#### somewhere else. In the words of Judge Judy, "Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining." If you were so against it, you wouldn't have done it. *I* am against cheating, so you know what - I don't cheat.

I sympathize with being horny.

I do not sympathize with being a lying scumbag.

Last edited:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Tox,

That makes sense - don't make it sound like you're an angel when you are not - just fess up to it and do what could have been handled differently - right - right now. :yay:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I agree that she should wait to tell him. I have watched someone I care for very deeply go through something similar and have seen what it can do to their head.

A friend of mine from my early 20's is on his 3rd round in the middle east. Haven't seen him since I was pregnant with #1, so probably around 11 years. He's in the Army and once he moved away from the area we haven't seen each other. We've maintained casual contact via email throughout the years. Early last summer biatch ass wife decides that she can't take it and leaves him while he's in Iraq. He's got a very loving and supportive family and a healthy amount of friends but that doesn't replace the intimate relationship you have with a significant other. Our conversations went from very friendly to him looking to me to fill that void. He's a strong smart guy but it's hard going from being in an awful place being with someone to all the sudden being in a miserable situation and feeling alone. He's making all kinda of plans about us "being together" when he gets home. I haven't seen him in over 10 years, he'll be at Ft. Bragg and then FL, and it's just not his personality to be so flighty. He's hurt and alone and looking to fill the void. I believe if she'd had the decency to wait he wouldn't be wrapping his head around something so unrealistic with me. The moral of the story is the whore in the OP should definitely wait till he comes back, no matter how strong someone is they're already in a jacked up situation and they shouldn't have to be preoccupied with a crappy personal life when they're already physically and emotionally drained.

Oh, honey, I think you need a couple of :huggy: :huggy:. Good luck to you as you're going to have to do a lot of delicate untangling when this guy gets home if you want to save that friendship. Sending you a few prayers of support, too!

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I remember that when I was deployed to the Persian Gulf in 1983-84, and again when I was deployed to the North Atlantic with NATO in 1985-86, it was very important to be able to think in terms of stability with regard to "home." Maybe every deployer feels like that to some extent, but I can only speak for myself. During the Persian Gulf deployment, my wife decided to spend some time at her mother's place. At the same time, she stopped replying to letters on a regular basis. I was freaking out.

It wasn't wise of me to put so much dependence on her, and it would have been even more wrong to do so with a girlfriend. In a very real sense she was as deployed and stressed-out as I was, and I unwittingly put her in that position.

The separation test that a deployment represents is more difficult for people in their twenties and younger than it is for those in later years. I don't think that everyone can remain "faithful" through those things, especially when the deployments are a year or more (mine were six months).

The weakness caused by loneliness and normal physical desires is hard, very hard to deal with, and it affects both the one at home and the one overseas. That doesn't make it right when the mistakes happen for some, but it sure does make it understandable (maybe more so for those not in the situation than those in it). For people who've never been in that situation, I'm not sure if it's possible to know what it's like.

In any case, I guess my point is that we shouldn't be too judgmental about this situation. Things like this have a way of generating more than enough misery for all concerned all by themselves.

mamatutu

mama to two
I remember that when I was deployed to the Persian Gulf in 1983-84, and again when I was deployed to the North Atlantic with NATO in 1985-86, it was very important to be able to think in terms of stability with regard to "home." Maybe every deployer feels like that to some extent, but I can only speak for myself. During the Persian Gulf deployment, my wife decided to spend some time at her mother's place. At the same time, she stopped replying to letters on a regular basis. I was freaking out.

It wasn't wise of me to put so much dependence on her, and it would have been even more wrong to do so with a girlfriend. In a very real sense she was as deployed and stressed-out as I was, and I unwittingly put her in that position.

The separation test that a deployment represents is more difficult for people in their twenties and younger than it is for those in later years. I don't think that everyone can remain "faithful" through those things, especially when the deployments are a year or more (mine were six months).

The weakness caused by loneliness and normal physical desires is hard, very hard to deal with, and it affects both the one at home and the one overseas. That doesn't make it right when the mistakes happen for some, but it sure does make it understandable (maybe more so for those not in the situation than those in it). For people who've never been in that situation, I'm not sure if it's possible to know what it's like.

In any case, I guess my point is that we shouldn't be too judgmental about this situation. Things like this have a way of generating more than enough misery for all concerned all by themselves.

Food for thought...thanks:smile:

nutz

I deployed all over the globe from 1981-2003. Started in my twenties, military service is a young persons game. Still have the same woman in my life. was there opportunity for cheating, sure. But neither one of us did. A commitment, whether personal or contractual involves both parties sticking to the terms. Society today has opened a lot of loopholes around personal commitments.

From the OP's original comments, the guy deployed will fare much better when he jettisons this load. Hopefully, he isn't sending the dumb ##### money, saw that too many times too.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I deployed all over the globe from 1981-2003. Started in my twenties, military service is a young persons game. Still have the same woman in my life. was there opportunity for cheating, sure. But neither one of us did. A commitment, whether personal or contractual involves both parties sticking to the terms. Society today has opened a lot of loopholes around personal commitments.

From the OP's original comments, the guy deployed will fare much better when he jettisons this load. Hopefully, he isn't sending the dumb ##### money, saw that too many times too.

I agree they probably need to split, because she at least isn't cut out for military spouse duty. I wouldn't call her a dumb #####, though, because she made some mistakes. People need to be understood and afforded the opportunity to learn from their mistakes and change. I know, this seems surprisingly liberal coming from a right-wing extremist and conservative Christian, but it's the example Christ set with an adulteress who was about to be executed for her unfaithfulness. Both her and the guys in her life (including the deployed one) need positive influence and understanding.

Severa

Common sense ain't common
This is a good point, and I'd like to elaborate on my earlier post where I referred to her as an ignorant whore.

Most of my ire toward this flea-ridden #### has little to do with the actual cheating, although that's kind of sickening in its own right. Girlfriend or not, she wrote her story speaking as if they were in - at the least - a quasi-committed relationship, even if there were no vows spoken or whatever.

She then goes on to say that she pretty much fell over with her legs in the air the first time some dude waggles his pickle at her. Ok, whatever. We all have our vices, I'm not so much judging her for that, although I disapprove of her technique.

But what twists my nipples is that she writes something like, "Oh, I'm so against cheating".

##### please. That's not only an insult to the guy who thinks you're his faithful girlfriend, but an insult to the intelligence of anyone who reads her sob story. Go sing that happy horse#### somewhere else. In the words of Judge Judy, "Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining." If you were so against it, you wouldn't have done it. *I* am against cheating, so you know what - I don't cheat.

I sympathize with being horny.

I do not sympathize with being a lying scumbag.

My husband was in the Navy for 6 yrs. Speaking as a military spouse, I saw his shipmates as extended family. I worried about them all, not just my husband. When they hurt, I hurt. Case in point: After one lengthy deployment, one of his shipmates discovered that his girl was cheating on him. Among the evidence was a recently used condom under the bed. Yeah, I'll admit - I wanted to beat her ass. B**ches like that girl and the one referenced in the OP give all military girlfriends/spouses a bad name and in my eyes, deserve EVERY ounce of scorn and disrespect they have coming to them.

LuckyMe143

I loved being a military wife. When the Mr. came home from deployments it was like falling in love all over again. Some people can handle military and some can't. She's a dumb####!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
As long as she can run faster than 1500 feet per second, I do not forsee a problem here. Besides, he is probably cheating on her with some of those nice Civil service and contractor ladies over there making the big bucks. I know of one that is doing her second tour over there and it ain't because of the salary from her job!!!!!!

Actually, 5.56 bullets leave the muzzle at 3200 fps.

acommondisaster

I think she should tell him now. How pizzed is he going to be when he comes home and finds she's been lying to him all through the deployment? Why lie to him and have him build up this reunion in his mind to come home to find out she's been feeding him a big fat slutolicious lie for months?

Some people just don't like themselves enough to be able to handle a separation. They have to "be" with someone or they feel worthless. Eventually, she was going to cheat on him because even if she *thinks* she's not the cheating kind, she's just proved that she is exactly that. Glad it happened before they were married with a baby or two.

E

EmptyTimCup

This:

to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.

IMHO this breakdown is symptomatic of people getting married WAY to FAST .........

but really ; for BETTER of for WORSE ...... Richer or POOR ...... Sickness and in Health

not until you are bored and want something new ..........

if you get involved with someone in the Military, you should know what to expect ....... and do not marry someone expecting to Change them

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
This:

to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.

IMHO this breakdown is symptomatic of people getting married WAY to FAST .........

but really ; for BETTER of for WORSE ...... Richer or POOR ...... Sickness and in Health

not until you are bored and want something new ..........

if you get involved with someone in the Military, you should know what to expect ....... and do not marry someone expecting to Change them

:gossip: she's cheating on her boyfriend.