"I’m not a huge fan of confrontation,"

SamSpade

How did I miss that line?

Sap, your genitals did not develop at puberty - you are not sexless at birth.

I identify as an ultra-attractive, uber-rich man who lives in my many mansions around the world, and I never have to work a day in my life because my bank account is always many multiples of my expenses.

I am not any of those things except a man. What I identify as has absolutely no bearing on reality.

If people identify as women but are men, then they are not facing reality.

Certainly you can see how being disconnected from reality is a game-stopper for military duty.

And at present, gender dysphoria is considered a mental illness. I can see that as being a problem also.
The idea is that our military must satisfy conditions to best protect our nation. If you're not fit enough, not strong enough,
not smart enough, not healthy enough - you're not going to be useful in combat. If you're really small or really tall - you're going to have
a hard time all around. I so wish my son could qualify - but he has cognitive problems due to something he was born with.
And he relies on medication - always. No service I could find would admit him. I get that - he's not applying to be a bus boy or
a bagger - he'd be trying to defend this nation, and they justifiably have requirements.

I don't get any of the discussion of gender "assigned at birth". Do chromosomes somehow develop afterward?
Did someone "assign" them to me, without my choice? Or - like my son - was I just born that way?

This_person

And at present, gender dysphoria is considered a mental illness. I can see that as being a problem also.
The idea is that our military must satisfy conditions to best protect our nation. If you're not fit enough, not strong enough,
not smart enough, not healthy enough - you're not going to be useful in combat. If you're really small or really tall - you're going to have
a hard time all around. I so wish my son could qualify - but he has cognitive problems due to something he was born with.
And he relies on medication - always. No service I could find would admit him. I get that - he's not applying to be a bus boy or
a bagger - he'd be trying to defend this nation, and they justifiably have requirements.

I don't get any of the discussion of gender "assigned at birth". Do chromosomes somehow develop afterward?
Did someone "assign" them to me, without my choice? Or - like my son - was I just born that way?

It's emotion over science. "If you feel that way, then that is what you are."

No basis in reality.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I think what she means is that she didn't want to be "confrontational" with her employees who couldn't tolerate serving someone they dislike.

Think about it: had Ms. Wilkinson told her employees to knock it off and do their damn jobs, they'd have rioted and ripped her restaurant to shreds, then proceeded to call for her children's death and dismemberment on social media. That's what progs do when anyone tells them no. She was pretty secure, though, that Sarah Sanders would behave maturely and kindly - no confrontation.

Yesterday morning, we didn't know about the rest of the story - Governor Huckabee told it on FNC yesterday during the day. The owner of the restaurant actually got a group of people together and followed Sarah's family (in-laws) to the next restaurant and protested about her THERE.

“In fact, a little known part of this story, is that after Sarah and her husband left and the family relocated to a restaurant across the street, the owner of the Red Hen then organized an effort to go and scream at them from the sidewalk at the other restaurant,” Huckabee claimed in an interview on “The Intelligence Report with Trish Regan.”
“Finally, one of Sarah’s in-laws, who happens to be very liberal, it’s her brother-in-law, went out in the street and said, ‘Look, Sarah’s already left. She didn’t stay for obvious reasons. She’s had all she needs tonight. The rest of us are trying to have dinner. I’m a liberal. I’m not a Trump supporter. But you guys aren’t helping our cause,’” Huckabee went on to say. “So, it wasn’t just what happened in the Little Red Hen restaurant, it’s what happened ongoing by the owner of that restaurant.”
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...er-even-after-leaving-mike-huckabee-says.html

Hijinx

How could Sarah's in law stay a liberal after watching the treatment she received.?

He aint much either.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Only because it was disturbing him.
He didn't give a rat's patoot that Sarah was forced to leave.

I didn't gather that from any of the reports I read. I interpreted it as he was pointing out what douche bags they were being. :shrug:

Songfourone

Trump is known to welch on his debts, maybe they feared Suckabee would as well.

After all Suckabee swallows the Trump lies whole, see it every damn day at the podium.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How could Sarah's in law stay a liberal after watching the treatment she received.?

He aint much either.

One can have their beliefs without aligning with the extremists who happen to have some of the same beliefs. When was the last time you bombed an abortion clinic or beat up a transgender person? Do you protest military funerals along with Westboro Baptist? How can you stay a conservative after watching someone do that?

I'd like to see all sane liberals take their party back. The psychos are in charge now and that's who the media and politicians are pandering to, and that doesn't help anyone.

Sapidus

Yes and at one point it was okay to own black people. And at one point it was okay to beat , jail or commit gay people because it was seen as a mental disorder.

Hiding behind definitions that have not caught up with reality is a cowards way of hiding behind their bigotry