I Agree With WR

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It's definitely getting worse. I never thought I'd see random theft on the island but there have been numerous "hits" around the neighborhood and they nicked me for a Husqvarna chainsaw that was sitting just inside my shop door.

Roman

With the first picture, it looks like they might be able to clear it up a bit, and get the tag number. I think PE is right, it's probably a Jetta. It's definitely not a Toyota. I am a self-professed Toyota guru.
You might be right about it not being a Jetta, maybe a Hyndai? This is the best I could get the front logo.

View attachment 108858 View attachment 108859

I'm ok, just really really annoyed. Lost 4 years of photos and emails.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, I'm feeling a 2008 Jetta, seems to hit the sweet spot with the tall headlights and side window profiles.....

digitallest

Wow. Yesterday was a heck of a day, for a lot of people. I am sorry to hear you experienced a break in. Such an awful feeling of violation.

vince77

Between the photo of the car and the fat bast.... they'll catch the guy pretty quickly .... crooks are dumb...

Goldenhawk

, when does backing up your computer prove to be worthless? When the dirtbags that break into your house steal not only your laptops but your backup drives as well.
Yeah, that really stinks. Hope you can recover them. Call the local pawn shops with detailed descriptions of what was stolen.

Then sign up with CrashPlan. Secure cloud backup that I trust, in addition to my local backups which are more convenient for speedy recovery or smaller "oops" undelete moments.

How did they get in, break a door/window?
You'll understand if I don't respond to that. No need putting my potential vulnerabilities out there.

Yeah, that really stinks. Hope you can recover them. Call the local pawn shops with detailed descriptions of what was stolen.
Officer said that is SOP for them to check pawn shops, etc... Pawn operators are required by law to enter computer stuff into a national database that the law officials have access to. Pawn shops know the deal and usually sit on this kind of stuff for a while. Law officers periodically check the database to see if anything pops up.

SG_Player1974

Hate to be the nay sayer here but.... from the pictures you posted... it doesn't look like those cameras did you any good. Unless, of course, you intentionally made them compressed/blurry or they were just uploaded here that way.

Looks lke the camera got a good facial shot of the idiot in blue but... not even close to being defined enough for recognition of the face. Also, the car tags are blurry as hell.

RPMDAD

agree sg, def not a big fan of that camera resolution.. let them come in here and meet miss bella, 85 # pit who does not like any strangers unless properly introduced to them and our other 3 dogs and attack cat.

Hate to be the nay sayer here but.... from the pictures you posted... it doesn't look like those cameras did you any good. Unless, of course, you intentionally made them compressed/blurry or they were just uploaded here that way.

Looks lke the camera got a good facial shot of the idiot in blue but... not even close to being defined enough for recognition of the face. Also, the car tags are blurry as hell.

Thanx for stating the obvious. Nothing constructive? Why don't you let me and the police worry about that stuff....

Hank

my war
gw.jpg

SG_Player1974

Thanx for stating the obvious. Nothing constructive? Why don't you let me and the police worry about that stuff....

Oh... I'm sorry.... you posted these pictures on here merely for the "oh poor baby's?" I was under the impression that it was to have the people on here see them and possibly contribute some info!

Also... NO... nothing constructive due to the reasons I stated but, you already knew that amiright?

PeoplesElbow

That is one serious fat dude, never would have thought he would have had the energy to be a B+E kinda guy.

I think the picture is squashed some judging from the pictures of the car. He isn't slim by any means though but I think the squishing of the picture makes him look fatter than he really is.

Hank

my war
Looks like two distinguishing grey patches in his hair. At first I thought they were sunglasses. Looks like a tattoo as well, on his lower left inside of his leg where indicated. That might even be one on his lower front right leg too.

tat.jpg

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Wow, that really sucks. So sorry to hear this, GW. I hope they get the a**holes.