IF COVID NUMBERS ARE POSTED FOR EACH COUNTY, WHY ISN'T THE FLU OR RSV POSTED?

Tech

I use this. 😊
Why increase the cytokine production since too many were the cause of many Wuhan deaths?

Attachments

• 12217790627870.png
    12217790627870.png
    90 KB · Views: 27

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I use this. 😊
Why increase the cytokine production since too many were the cause of many Wuhan deaths?
Welll...there are different ones and you have to understand how they all work in your immune system, which I definitely do not. It's definitely interesting to read, though.

Mock it if you want, but there is certainly *something to the way the immune systems work in some people vs others. Most people would like to avoid being sick and unhealthy (check out the "What would your 3 wishes be" tread) so I'm sharing what seems to be working for me at this stage of my life.

So far, I've avoided the Flu and it's been all around me at work. If I wind up getting it anyway, I hope to lessen the severity, that's all. (just like with COVID-19) 🤷

3CATSAILOR

I don't take vitamins, but I've been taking Sambucol since Wednesday, along with eating right, washing hands,exercise and sleep.

So far no symptoms. 🤞

So, UPDATE:

It is status post 7 days since I came into close contact (hugging) the 2 year old that was in the office last week and next day tested positive for FLU TYPE A. Her father had been sick all weekend. (Her mommy probably should not have brought her to the office to see her grandma.) So far, I still have no symptoms. My appt to get the flu shot was late this year, and I didn't get it until last Tuesday evening. My exposure was that ONE of my office co-workers went home sick Tuesday, sick as a dog (probably should NOT have come in at ALL on Monday) and my other co-worker came down with full fledged symptoms on Wed. night. and didn't come in the rest of the week.

Anyhoo - Has anyone heard of Sambucol? It's a Black Elderberry homeopathic remedy. When that Co-worker came in on Wed,(before symptoms showed up) she had gone and gotten it, as it was recommended by her housekeeper. Don't laugh - I checked it out with my pharmacist and she said that there ARE actually studies on this (I looked some of them up) and that they are being shown to help with the Flu (I can link below). It has the Black Elderberry, Zinc and Sulpher in it and she said she recommended those for the immune system. That's good - as I'd started taking them mid-day last Wednesday- every 3 hours while I was awake.

Other stuff I do regularly: I take probiotic capsules every day, I walk for cardio exercise about 2-3X a week,(unless I can't, and then I just pick it back up when I can) I do Yoga 2X a week. I drink about a gallon of water a day. I try to eat right most of the time.

I don't know if that is going to prevent the flu, (or any other cold) but so far-so good. Even when I got COVID I was not that sick. (I was rally SICK for a couple of days, but the other days were not as bad overall) Flu Type A seems to be pretty bad, almost worse than COVID, from what I've seen. At least as contagious, too!
I have quite a bit of family members who said they got the flu shot and then got the flu. Most had a mild to moderate case. A few did have a bad case of it 3 to 5 days after the flu vaccine. So many of them experienced this after the vaccine, It made me chicken out.

Bann

PREMO Member
I have quite a bit of family members who said they got the flu shot and then got the flu. Most had a mild to moderate case. A few did have a bad case of it 3 to 5 days after the flu vaccine. So many of them experienced this after the vaccine, It made me chicken out.
It's really just a coincidence.

What about people who get a seasonal flu vaccine and still get sick with flu symptoms?
There are several reasons why someone might get flu symptoms even after they have been vaccinated against flu.

Someone can get sick with another respiratory virus besides flu such as rhinoviruses or SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19). Other respiratory viruses can cause symptoms similar to flu, and they can also spread and cause illness during flu season. Flu vaccines only protect against flu and its complications, not other illnesses.
Someone can be exposed to flu viruses shortly before getting vaccinated or during the two-week period after vaccination that it takes the body to develop immune protection. This exposure may result in a person becoming sick with flu before protection from vaccination takes effect.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Ya sure. That's an extremely reliable source. Not.

As an aside. Why is it you think that doctors and the medical complex don't preach a healthy diet? Because a healthy person brings no profit. The flu bug, cold bug, is in everyone right now, always is. Those that get sick are the ones that have body inflammations and a weakened immune system. Flu shots do not work and are the truest form of snake oil being pushed upon the gullible.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron

As an aside. Why is it you think that doctors and the medical complex don't preach a healthy diet? Because a healthy person brings no profit. The flu bug, cold bug, is in everyone right now, always is. Those that get sick are the ones that have body inflammations and a weakened immune system. Flu shots do not work and are the truest form of snake oil being pushed upon the gullible.
I had a physical last week, doc did not even mention vaccines to me.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

Beat me to it!
Pre-covid I used to get an annual flu shot. Covid opened my eyes to many, many things. :yay:

Bann

PREMO Member

I said basically the same thing. 🤷

Your opinion about the flu shot is really just that. Opinion. Not an extremely reliable source. :yay:

NextJen

Raisin cane
Well, something got ahold of me. Was running around today, feeling fine, not aware of being exposed to anything. Then, BAM!
After I got home and settled, eating a salad for dinner, started feeling really cold. Couldn’t get warm. Stayed covered up on the couch for several hours then had to get up to let the dogs out around 11:30. Have a headache, a little achy. Took my temp - 100.6.
Took a couple Ibuprofen, jumped in bed.
Maybe I should have asked for a Life Alert for Christmas.

Bann

PREMO Member
Well, something got ahold of me. Was running around today, feeling fine, not aware of being exposed to anything. Then, BAM!
After I got home and settled, eating a salad for dinner, started feeling really cold. Couldn’t get warm. Stayed covered up on the couch for several hours then had to get up to let the dogs out around 11:30. Have a headache, a little achy. Took my temp - 100.6.
Took a couple Ibuprofen, jumped in bed.
Maybe I should have asked for a Life Alert for Christmas.
:huggy: Let me know if you need anything. Not sure how yours will be, but it's a nasty bug, whether it's a regular cold virus or the influenza virus. I keep taking the Sambucol, (I still recommend it) and just keeping my fingers crossed, because this virus DOES come on fast. I've known about 8 people with the same thing 5 of them were all in our age group - the other 3 were under 28.

Kinnakeet

To hell with the CDC how is it a bunch of foreigners from sh!thole countries can make decisions that affect the world?The CDC does not tell AMERICA what to do why in the hell would we listen to them crackpots!

Kinnakeet

:huggy: Let me know if you need anything. Not sure how yours will be, but it's a nasty bug, whether it's a regular cold virus or the influenza virus. I keep taking the Sambucol, (I still recommend it) and just keeping my fingers crossed, because this virus DOES come on fast. I've known about 8 people with the same thing 5 of them were all in our age group - the other 3 were under 28.
Maybe covid 20

Bann

PREMO Member
To hell with the CDC how is it a bunch of foreigners from sh!thole countries can make decisions that affect the world?The CDC does not tell AMERICA what to do why in the hell would we listen to them crackpots!
There are other sources that state the same things, that just happens to be the article I was reading.

Influenza Virus Type A is a real thing and it's a nasty one going around. That's a fact. Whether or not you get it bad or have been vaccinated against it or not doesn't change the fact that it's a nasty virus. :yay:

3CATSAILOR

To hell with the CDC how is it a bunch of foreigners from sh!thole countries can make decisions that affect the world?The CDC does not tell AMERICA what to do why in the hell would we listen to them crackpots
From everyone I talked to, it seems the CDC has lost any credibility they had. That's not good. Sooner or later a far more severe virus, yes even worse than COVID could find the US. Some people say the MRNA vaccines significantly reduced a person's protection against future viruses. Others say it is COVID itself that reduced a person's immune system. The truth is usually somewhere in between.

Bann

PREMO Member
Sinus infection. Never got the Flu or COVID going around at work.

No fever, no sore throat ir earache, not even a lot of congestion. I fought some sinus pressure/headaches after Christmas (I walked all 3 days of my vacation and figured it was related to the extreme cold temps) and took Mucinex, did my saline spray, kept up the decongestant and was fine ne over NYs. Then, THAT weather was super warm and humid-ish, so they started up again last week. Again, Mucinex, and my regular regimen. Sunday, I felt really dragged out so I did nothing all day, and made abig pot of chicken soup for dinner. The coughing started Sunday...dry cough. Went to work yesterday. STILL not a lot of congestion, just pressure, coughing, etc. I was getting more hoarse as the day went on, though.

Today, I woke up & could barely talk. Felt like I horked up a lung (well, the size of grape anyway and green) and knew I needed to see the Doc. All I could get was a Telehealth appointment but she could tell from my appearance and my voice what was up. (and my history) I went from ok to ick overnight, it seemed. 10 days Augmentin, plus, keep up everything else I'm doing. She also gave me "Tessalon Perles" which helps reduce the coughing so I can sleep.