Everyone goes
Everyone knows
Brother Love's show
Amen

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
rdonthehd said:
Since I was a little kid, I have visited many many religious institutions looking for my own answers because the ones I was getting didn't make sense to me. I don't know what answer I'm looking for, but I will know it when I find it. (does that make sense?)
It makes perfect sense to me. I've tried many different religions, different churches, different preachers - you name it - and have never found the "fit" for me. Maybe someday I'll find it as I will never give up hope but if I don't, I can live with that.

That is not to say I am not a spiritual person. My beliefs are a very personal and very real thing to me. I was an angry and bitter person for many years. Through my personal spiritual journey, I've learned to let go of the anger, forgive those for what they've done to me, and open my heart again. It has made a world of difference in my life and I am a much better person for it. It may not work for everyone but for me it does.

Dondi

Dondi
rdonthehd said:
Since I was a little kid, I have visited many many religious institutions looking for my own answers because the ones I was getting didn't make sense to me. I don't know what answer I'm looking for, but I will know it when I find it. (does that make sense?)

I think there are undercurrents of God in every major religion. While I have my own beliefs as a Christian, I find it hard to believe in God condemning anyone who has never heard of Jesus. I think God honors an honest attempt to find Him, even the atheist or agnostic who truly and objectively has tried to find God through scientific means. Personnally, I see God's work in creation, but really it is through the discovery of His Spirit and His Love that has really convinced me that's He's real.

Mikeinsmd

Homesick said:
You've read it, or heard it before. I'll repeat, God does the judging. Were they sending you there themselves, or quoting verses read from the Bible? What makes you think God burns the people in the trees?
Maybe not burn but if I remember my catholic upbringing correctly, we were taught that if you were not baptized, you cannot go to heaven. So why do I get to go to heaven but the unbaptized tree people cannot?? :confused:

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
Mikeinsmd said:
Maybe not burn but if I remember my catholic upbringing correctly, we were taught that if you were not baptized, you cannot go to heaven. So why do I get to go to heaven but the unbaptized tree people cannot?? :confused:
Thats Catholics for ya , or any organized religion for that matter.
Read it for yourself in the New Testament , it only takes a few hours.
Try the NIV version .It"s easy to understand.

H

HollowSoul

vraiblonde said:
Well, to be fair, he DID indicate that it was death sauce. But I figured if he could douse his food with it and not shed a tear, I should be able to put a teensy bit on my finger and barely touch my tongue with it. Right? :lol:
Dearest Vrai....

I fell for it too :ohwell:

K

Kain99

Mikeinsmd said:
No one says that unbaptized tree people cannot.... except for the truly ignorant. My brother is severly handicapped he's one of God's angels. I dare anyone to say different.

Ignorant people, give God a bad name and dumb people fall for it.

Love,

Kain

Goofing_Off

Mikeinsmd said:
You do not remember your Catholic upbringing correctly.

R

rdonthehd

I like Mike's tree people question... I've asked questions similar to that and got explainations that didn't answer my question.
Mike - you funny guy! :lol:

Mikeinsmd

Goofing_Off said:
You do not remember your Catholic upbringing correctly.
Maybe not but I could've sworn we were taught that. I couldn't care less so I'm not about to research it. I'll believe when shown indisputable proof. I know I have many unexplained questions that every religeous person answers with "God said so" "You'll see when you die" etc.... Well it's all :blahblah: until I see the proof. And don't tell me to "just look around you".

Last edited:

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
Mikeinsmd said:
Maybe not but I could've sworn we were taught that. I couldn't care less so I'm not about to research it. I'll believe when shown indisputable proof. I know I have many unexplained questions that every religeous person answers with "God said so" "You'll see when you die" etc.... Well it's all :blahblah: until I see the proof. And don't tell me to "just look around you".
Exactly what kind of proof would you like to see ?

Mikeinsmd

gumbo said:
Exactly what kind of proof would you like to see ?
God himself come down and address me. If that happens, I'll run 2A off these boards preaching!! :lol:

I am agnostic. I can't prove there isn't a God and you cannot prove there is.

Just so everyone understands, I hope there is a God. A kind and FORGIVING God. But until I have indisputable proof......

Last edited:

Goofing_Off

Mikeinsmd said:
You've never spoken with Julius Caesar or anyone that knew him, but I'm sure you believe that he was killed by the Roman Senate on the Ides of March. You have faith that what someone wrote and what someone taught you is true. In essence, that's no different than my faith that what Jesus told the Apostles is true, and what they and their disciples wrote is true and has been passed on to me by the Church.

You've never seen an actual atom and its neutrons, protons, and electrons yourself, but I'm sure you believe what has been taught to you in science classes and in textbooks. Again, you have faith that what someone wrote and what someone taught you is true. Again, in essence, that's no different than my faith that what Jesus told the Apostles is true, and what they and their disciples wrote is true and has been passed on to me by the Church.

You can say you're agnostic, but you've never seen over half of what you've been taught in the world, and thus there are many things that you take completely in faith in those who taught it to you. Why, then, would it be unnatural to have faith in a religious teaching, such as the existance of God, no matter what tradition it comes from?

Mikeinsmd

Goofing_Off said:
You've never spoken with Julius Caesar or anyone that knew him, but I'm sure you believe that he was killed by the Roman Senate on the Ides of March. You have faith that what someone wrote and what someone taught you is true. In essence, that's no different than my faith that what Jesus told the Apostles is true, and what they and their disciples wrote is true and has been passed on to me by the Church.

You've never seen an actual atom and its neutrons, protons, and electrons yourself, but I'm sure you believe what has been taught to you in science classes and in textbooks. Again, you have faith that what someone wrote and what someone taught you is true. Again, in essence, that's no different than my faith that what Jesus told the Apostles is true, and what they and their disciples wrote is true and has been passed on to me by the Church.

You can say you're agnostic, but you've never seen over half of what you've been taught in the world, and thus there are many things that you take completely in faith in those who taught it to you. Why, then, would it be unnatural to have faith in a religious teaching, such as the existance of God, no matter what tradition it comes from?
Because the things you mentioned can be proven by science. I can't see Julius but I can be shown atoms.

I could even help your theory by saying that since I've never seen my brain, my own logic would dictate that I have none. :lol: But I know we have brains because science has proven that.....

If you want me to believe there is a Supreme Being who created the universe and everything in it, a being that says if I don't believe in a book he supposedly wrote but will not prove to me he wrote that I will burn forever and will judge me one day when I die, you better show me tangible evidence he exists.

Goofing_Off

Mikeinsmd said:
Because the things you mentioned can be proven by science. I can't see Julius but I can be shown atoms.

I could even help your theory by saying that since I've never seen my brain, my own logic would dictate that I have none. :lol: But I know we have brains because science has proven that.....

If you want me to believe there is a Supreme Being who created the universe and everything in it, a being that says if I don't believe in a book he supposedly wrote but will not prove to me he wrote that I will burn forever and will judge me one day when I die, you better show me tangible evidence he exists.
But, again, any science is something you've been taught by someone else. You trust what someone else says, even though you yourself have not tangibly seen it.

You have faith, yet you don't even realize it.

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
Mikeinsmd said:
But until I have indisputable proof......

There is no such thing as indisputable proof that there is or is not .
The proof lies within ones own knowledge of the subject.
Seek and they shall find.

God will touch you if you believe and ask him too.
God will show you signs if you have faith and show you your indisputable proof. But only if you have faith and believe in him. This next part is the key.
However most will not humble themselves enough to truly open their hearts.
There are those who will not love unconditionally like that of a child and those who will not , will never know GOD !

This is a matter of what you will or will not do, "free will"

Brotherman this is not directed at you , it is figuratively speaking of the subject at hand.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Very impressive argument but somehow it doesn't seem to hold a great deal of water. It may or may not be true but most people in the world believe Julius Caesar died at the hands of the Senate of the time. It may or may not be true but most people in the world accept the fact that there are atoms, neutrons, protons, and electrons. You can basically take this argument with anything really. If you have faith in this then why not this or that? What do we really know? If you're saying we have much faulty information about our history I would agree to a sense but overall I think we have a grip on most things. Should we have faith in certain 'proven' things, I say yes. If the majority of the people have debated such dealings in the past and have come to the overall conclusion that Caesar was killed by the Senate and there are such things as atoms, neutrons, protons, and electrons then we should have faith in that as long as we continue to use our new advancements to prove it otherwise. The belief in God or God's is a widely accepted belief debated over the years by many. Although many believe there is a God many others believe there is not. The majority does not rule in either situation so how can we possibly come to a conclusion? The conclusion comes down to personal opinion and not a ruling majority as to whether it's 'proven' that a God exists.