Infant not breathing Cove Point Park Pool

keepsmiling

jmalhere said:
If at all possible, do you think you could keep me updated with his condition? I am actually the one who responded first to him in the water and pulled him out... it's been really hard this past week not knowing what has happened. Him and his family have been in my thoughts and prayers.

Also, to clarify, there were EMT's there that day at the pool. They, as well as the lifeguards, helped me get him out of the water with a backboard. The EMT's immediately started CPR and there was nothing else the lifeguards could have done other than keep everyone else calm and supply the EMTs with anything else they needed. I'm not a lifeguard at that pool, but I am in charles county, and we refresh our skills and knowlegde of saving people on a regular basis. In this case, since the actual lifeguards weren't the first to respond or know what was going on, it must have been very confusing. I don't think they should be judged or at fault for any of it. It just goes to show that you need to be prepared at all times, even during adult swim when you don't think something like that would happen.

Well said. Also, the two EMT's, they might be the two that are employed at the pool as lifeguards and that may be why the "other" lifeguards stayed out of the way. My prayers go out to the family and Scott.

mackco79

keepsmiling said:
Well said. Also, the two EMT's, they might be the two that are employed at the pool as lifeguards and that may be why the "other" lifeguards stayed out of the way. My prayers go out to the family and Scott.
I was one of the three EMT's at the pool when this happend, when we identified ourselves the lifegaurds let us have control of the situation they did do a great job in assisting us by getting the different supplies we needed and drying the patient off so that we could hook up the AED.You must remember they have been trained with CPR but until you actually do CPR it can be a very scary thing. No we do not work for the pool we are volunteers in St Marys county and were there with our kids enjoying the day and even with this accident I still have all the faith in the world in the lifegaurds and still plan on taking my kids back to the pool many times. My prayers go out to Scott and his family.

sheila@flythrou

My mother checked on his condition today and he is still on life support in ICU. I'll update you as I get the info.
Let's get everyone praying for Scott and his kids.
SRC

purplepassion

Lovin' Life
sheila@flythrou said:
My mother checked on his condition today and he is still on life support in ICU. I'll update you as I get the info.
Let's get everyone praying for Scott and his kids.
SRC

Per Scott's exwife who is my neighbor - Scott has come off the ventilator. He is off sedation. He has short term memory loss. He has no memory of last Sunday or what happened to him. He does not remember having the children with him or anything that happened with him while with the children.

This is part of the e-mail I received from her on Sunday.

keepsmiling

purplepassion said:
Per Scott's exwife who is my neighbor - Scott has come off the ventilator. He is off sedation. He has short term memory loss. He has no memory of last Sunday or what happened to him. He does not remember having the children with him or anything that happened with him while with the children.

This is part of the e-mail I received from her on Sunday.

Any updates on Scott? Thanks

sheila@flythrou

Scott Is home now. Answered Prayer...

Per another forum - The Bay Net Community Forum:
Another Drowning at Cove Point Pool?
Tue 1:09 PM EST

For the record, Scott is coming home today. He did not have a heart attack, stroke or seizure. There is NO brain damage. Someone said his boys are 7 and 9. They're 9 and 10.