Israel, not Hamas, is the serial truce-breaker

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
Oh FFS people.

If any of you happened to be born on that miserable, god-forsaken piece of dirt, you'd hate Israel and the U.S. too. You need to re-read history with a critical eye, and this time around pay close attention to CIA black ops which undermine other countries liberty -- Guatemala, Libya, Iran to name a few. Israel and the U.S. are not the Bastions of Democracy the current narrative, I mean propaganda, would have one believe.

Moslems are guilty of taking the Koran too literally, just as Christians are guilty of their scripture as literal history as well. Literalism, in all its forms, is dangerous to societies, and it encourages a divide and conquer mentality.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
They always try to come and take it, too. That's exactly what Hamas is doing now. You're right -- the bloodshed ends the second they stop attacking Israel once and for all. Israel has no choice but to defend itself. Until Hamas can demonstrate that it's willing to be peaceful, Israel has to continue what it's doing.

nhboy and FollowTheMoney live in ignorance. Simple as that.

It's not Hamas. It is all the people behind them with the money and the interest in seeing the conflict continue.

In the link sam provides, there is one thing that is missing; if the Arab states said Israel could exist, that fighting would stop but, the internal fighting would go on, the assassinations, the reprisals, the battles for power, all to reach a point of finding leadership that would go back to trying to kill Jews.

This all gets right back to our group misunderstanding of Islam or, at least, our unwillingness to understand it. To be faithful to the faith, you CAN'T accept Israel nor Westernization. This is the problem the leaders out there face, the Saudi royals, the Jordanians, Iranians, all of them. They all are trying to get their people to a point where Judaism and Christianity are, where the faith isn't taken so literally by the masses but, that's no easy task.

Bin Laden was kicked out of Saudi because he was a fundamentalist pain in the ass they could neither afford to keep around nor get rid of. Especially when many in the leadership are supporters.
Arafat served Egypt well by being the lighting rod for Egyptian antagonism toward Israel. Like Bin Laden, he allowed leadership the relief of some internal pressure. In Iran, support for Hezbollah serves the same purpose.

As I linked to in the one story, part of Hamas' current problem is that Egypt wants them gone. They HAVE to act, have to build support or go out of business.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Oh FFS people.

If any of you happened to be born on that miserable, god-forsaken piece of dirt, you'd hate Israel and the U.S. too. You need to re-read history with a critical eye, and this time around pay close attention to CIA black ops which undermine other countries liberty -- Guatemala, Libya, Iran to name a few. Israel and the U.S. are not the Bastions of Democracy the current narrative, I mean propaganda, would have one believe.

Moslems are guilty of taking the Koran too literally, just as Christians are guilty of their scripture as literal history as well. Literalism, in all its forms, is dangerous to societies, and it encourages a divide and conquer mentality.

Really? There seems to be plenty of people born in the US who hate Israel and the US.

As for 'too' literal, is that up to you? Who is supposed to be in charge of what the proper amount of 'seriousness' one should take in their faith? You? Bin Laden? Larry Flynt? Me?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Oh FFS people.

If any of you happened to be born on that miserable, god-forsaken piece of dirt,

The one the Brits declared non-viable as a future state, and doomed to be an eternal economic basket case, back when the partitions were first being worked out? Wonder how they know that, way back then? :coffee:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Bin Laden was kicked out of Saudi because he was a fundamentalist pain in the ass they could neither afford to keep around nor get rid of. Especially when many in the leadership are supporters.

and he spent YEARS going to Religious Schools in Saudi, because there was nothing else to do

Larry Gude

Strung Out
and he spent YEARS going to Religious Schools in Saudi, because there was nothing else to do

Huh? The guy was quite talented. I think he earned an engineering degree and also studied business and and public admin. His true love was Islam.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Huh? The guy was quite talented. I think he earned an engineering degree and also studied business and and public admin. His true love was Islam.

indeed, I read an article yrs ago, that basically said he worked the family business for a while, and was put out and had nothing to do but go to Madress all day

ofc I cannot find that now, Wiki says he went straight from College to fighting in A-Stan in 1979.

this bit was interesting ;

Bin Laden's overall strategy against much larger enemies such as the Soviet Union and United States was to lure them into a long war of attrition in Muslim countries, attracting large numbers of jihadists who would never surrender. He believed this would lead to economic collapse of the enemy nations.[71] Al-Qaeda manuals clearly express this strategy. In a 2004 tape broadcast by al-Jazeera, bin Laden spoke of "bleeding America to the point of bankruptcy".[72]

Beta

Smile!
Really? There seems to be plenty of people born in the US who hate Israel and the US.

As for 'too' literal, is that up to you? Who is supposed to be in charge of what the proper amount of 'seriousness' one should take in their faith? You? Bin Laden? Larry Flynt? Me?

Out of that list I vote for you. If you ask LibertyBeacon, there's clearly someone out there who is unbiased that can re-read history with a "critical eye" and know the absolute truth, even though virtually everyone writes articles and history with intended or unintended bias (whether it's pro-US, pro-Israel, anti-US, anti-Israel, pro-Palestinian, or whatever else). So why can't that person be you? LibertyBeacon probably thinks they are the person who should be telling everyone the proper amount of seriousness everyone should be taking in their faith and thinks they're smart enough to see past things that everyone else is too stupid to understand. Because clearly LibertyBeacon knows the right answer and everyone else is wrong. To think otherwise would be stupid, naive, ignorant, or [insert word to insult their lowly IQ, silly stupid ignorant person that they are].

Since I think people that think they're clearly smarter than everyone else are usually the ones who are missing something blatantly obvious, I can't vote for someone like that. So again, I'll vote for you. I wish there were more options though...a list is never good when Flynt and Bin Laden come in a tossup for 2nd place. :biggrin:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Out of that list I vote for you. If you ask LibertyBeacon, there's clearly someone out there who is unbiased that can re-read history with a "critical eye" and know the absolute truth, even though virtually everyone writes articles and history with intended or unintended bias (whether it's pro-US, pro-Israel, anti-US, anti-Israel, pro-Palestinian, or whatever else). So why can't that person be you? LibertyBeacon probably thinks they are the person who should be telling everyone the proper amount of seriousness everyone should be taking in their faith and thinks they're smart enough to see past things that everyone else is too stupid to understand. Because clearly LibertyBeacon knows the right answer and everyone else is wrong. To think otherwise would be stupid, naive, ignorant, or [insert word to insult their lowly IQ, silly stupid ignorant person that they are].

Since I think people that think they're clearly smarter than everyone else are usually the ones who are missing something blatantly obvious, I can't vote for someone like that. So again, I'll vote for you. I wish there were more options though...a list is never good when Flynt and Bin Laden come in a tossup for 2nd place. :biggrin:

I'll go with 'you'. :buddies:

The 'you' should be to each and every one of us. YOU decide your level of faith. I decide mine. He decides his.

My bible is the Declaration of Independence and it's operators manual, the Constitution. I totally believe in religious freedom and I should have the right to practice it as I see fit. Right up to the point where it violates your rights to life, liberty and your pursuit of happiness. And vice a versera.

:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
indeed, I read an article yrs ago, that basically said he worked the family business for a while, and was put out and had nothing to do but go to Madress all day

ofc I cannot find that now, Wiki says he went straight from College to fighting in A-Stan in 1979.

As I have said numerous times; he died knowing he'd won.

Look at us. We are destroying ourselves and that is the ONLY way he could win. Get us to do ourselves in. He knew his Sun Tzu, as well.

Beta

Smile!
How many "humanitarian pauses" did the Mooslimbs honor since last Friday?

One, after turning down a bunch of truces the Israelis agreed to, which then resulted in the Israelis slapping them into submission and them agreeing to the ceasefire when there wasn't really one on the table (but Israel still abiding by it in an attempt to play nice). But they only agreed to that truce in order to reposition their stuff and get a bunch of missiles ready for their next set of attacks, per usual. Isn't it interesting that the second a truce is broken, they are able to renew their shelling with so much vigor? Ceasefires work to their advantage.

If this situation were changed, where the US was against some random country (say Mexico), would the US keep agreeing to ceasefires to allow Mexico the ability to keep reloading their guns and have a stronger offensive once the ceasefire was inevitably ended? Or would the US keep beating the #### out of Mexico until they gave up and their threat was completely eliminated? How come the people who whine about Israel, but defend the US, are holding Israel to a different standard? They're trying to defend themselves from terrorists. Get a ####ing clue!

somdwatch

Wait, wait, Bin Laden's overall strategy? I thought that was Obama's strategy! He stole it from Obama. Can't we impeach for plagarism?